Sushi on Five

viperfoth

7 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

Unless it is very crowded (which I have never seen) I’m sure they would welcome you.  We eat almost every lunch there.  Excellent food and reasonably priced!

I would agree with this. I have never seen the restaurant anywhere near full, and they have always been very accommodating. Also, they do have wonderful gyoza and edamame appetizers, as well as an amazing wasabi ice cream dessert. I don't see why you couldn't simply order those to enjoy with your sake, if you liked. 🙂 

11 hours ago, viperfoth said:

Not a huge sushi fan but wife and I like Saki.  Can we go into Sushi on Five and just order Saki and nothing else?  Sometimes gyoza or desserts with Saki?

Yes.  It's a la carte on the menu (and your drink package applies if you have one).

11 hours ago, viperfoth said:

Not a huge sushi fan but wife and I like Saki.  Can we go into Sushi on Five and just order Saki and nothing else?  Sometimes gyoza or desserts with Saki?

They have more than “sushi”. Usually a nearby bar makes the drinks they serve…ask them where the drinks come from. 

I'm also a saki fan.  I typically go to Raw on 5 with that purpose but do typically order at least one dish (like edamame) or my wife will get something to try.  No one has ever given us a hard time or made us feel unwelcome by doing this.  We typically tip well too simply because we know we are taking up a table but as others have mentioned; we have never seen it with a wait either.

I would assume all of the above to be correct, especially as I have never seen the restaurant fully occupied, either. The only caveat might be, even though it was not full, occasionally they insisted on reservations.