Names too long for Carnival

ashkir

Does anyone know how to get an 11 character name accepted by Carnival instead of getting cut off? "Christopher" gets cut down to Christoph. My name "St Nicholas" gets cut down to "St Nichol". I'm wondering if I should just drop it down to "St" for myself. For my friend, Christopher, can we get away with just Chris on the carnival Sail and Sign? Our passports have our current and legal names. My passport has my 3 first names along with my other documentation. 

For my first name, since it is doubled barrel, can I just drop the second first name and use the first, or my second name? My name is litterally "St Nicholas" I can use "St" or "Nicholas". Probably just St? 

American Passports list middle names as part of the first name so I don't think it is an issue. 

3 minutes ago, ashkir said:

For my first name, since it is doubled barrel, can I just drop the second first name and use the first, or my second name? My name is litterally "St Nicholas" I can use "St" or "Nicholas". Probably just St? 

American Passports list middle names as part of the first name so I don't think it is an issue. 

First name and last name as it appears on your passport is fine.

• Like 1

I am a Christopher also. My Sail and Sign card always has the "r" cut off and it has never been an issue. Everyone just calls me Mr. Christoph (not pronouncing the "e") instead of Christopher. It's no big deal and has never been a problem. I have kind of grown to like it over the years. 

• Like 2

I had the same issue and I thought it was a bug on the website .. I called Carnival directly, sat on hold, had them add the "Christopher"... and then when I got the confirmation it still said Christophe 😉 Glad to hear based on the above that this is a common issue as I won't stress about it anymore. 

Don't worry about it.  When the check-in agent swipes your passport, your full name will be in the system, and on the check-in screen.

This also happens to passengers from Central and South American countries.  Often times they will have two legal last names and swiping the passport fills it all in.

It will be cut off, but the cruise line and port workers are familiar with this and it will be fine if it doesn't match your ID/passport. My husband is Christopher, but has been sailing as Christophe for 10 years.