Silly question about Frozen Yogurt by pool on Oasis

49 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Some/most wish it was frozen yogurt, instead of that mix of chemicals they call self serve frozen whatever - @JessyCruises can confirm but it should be self serve by now.

Never really been one to eat this stuff.  Is it really fake ice cream because not all soft serve is fake as far as I know.  In fact, I’m quite certain it has eggs in it because we asked when my daughter had an egg allergy as a baby/toddler.  I think it was a chef who ended up coming out to talk to us.  My recollection is we asked at the wipeout cafe on one of the oasis class ships before heading over to possibly get our daughter a cone.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, topnole said:

Is it really fake ice cream because not all soft serve is fake as far as I know.

The ingredient label for the 1/2 gal jugs they put in the machine was posted here some time back - it has virtually nothing in common with ice cream other than it being cold.

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

It was being served by a crew member on the Harmony 5/29 sailing.

It was self serve in early May on Allure.  Maybe reducing self serve due to increase in illnesses onboard or each ship is a bit different.  

Just now, Biker19 said:

The ingredient label for the 1/2 gal jugs they put in the machine was posted here some time back - it has virtually nothing in common with ice cream other than it being cold.

Hmmm.  I wonder if that was accurate.  

Maybe the chef just told us it had eggs to keep the secret or he just had no idea hedged on the safe side.