Distilled water for cpap machines

ImperialLady

5 minutes ago, Jersey42 said:

If someone else is looking at this thread, the distilled water request on the web is not obvious. Once you get to your booking, it is under Check-In and Dietary Requests.

Distilled.jpg.47b0f02847608927f47c2d8419e87df3.jpg

Thanks that's where I found it....I had to do some searching, but found it!

1 hour ago, kokopelli-az said:

You might check on the disabled board on this site.   Many CPAP discussions.

The question was already answered correctly by Jersey42.

Edited by brisalta

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

If you forget to pre-order it just ask the room steward for the distilled water for your Cpap.  

Yes...Several times when I have asked the steward on day 1 about the distilled water that I had "supposedly pre-ordered" he just gave me a blank stare.  I don't think there are too many of these types of requests that really make it through to the intended person.  Just ask the steward...it's a common request for them.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just a warning.  I’ve requested it in the past and half the times it wasn’t there.  However, the room steward did get it for me when I talked to him.  He/she was also able to deliver an extension cord for the CPap.  

I’d recommend bringing a multiple plug adapter along too as outlets are rare.   I like this plug from Amazon.  It also has a USB-C plug which many of the new things use (like my iPad and Samsung phone.

https://www.amazon.com/EyGde-Extender-Protector-Rotating-Charging/dp/B09NLKVTQ4/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=14RTXCN156HQ5&keywords=Outlet+multi+plug+usb+usb-c&qid=1663117023&sprefix=outlet+multi+plug+usb+usb-c%2Caps%2C139&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFHUFdDRVgwN0pRNE0mZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAxNzM1MTJBWjk0SzlQRVdRRDYmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDA0NTQxODNQSjJVWUVXVjg4RUImd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

549E0C51-AD7F-4743-8C3C-0EB5532FB50A.jpeg

On 9/13/2022 at 8:59 PM, Westsail32 said:

Just a warning.  I’ve requested it in the past and half the times it wasn’t there.  However, the room steward did get it for me when I talked to him.  He/she was also able to deliver an extension cord for the CPap.  

I’d recommend bringing a multiple plug adapter along too as outlets are rare.

Here is another option for your CPAP that works without having to run an extension cord:

There is a European 220V outlet behind/under the bed on most Princess ships (not sure about Island/Coral). In some cases it is unused and in other cases one of the lamps is plugged into it.   If you get an adapter, you can plug in both the lamp (if needed) and the CPAP.  (Most if not all CPAPs are dual voltage.) The downside is you might have to move the bed a bit to reach it on the first and last day. Unfortunately, we have not found this setup on some other cruise lines.

1910441686_eurousaadapter.jpg.e3c441263060d272e02136516d74a15b.jpg

Here is one option from Amazon.  If it is out of stock, just do a search.  Make sure you get one that allows you to plug in two items.

https://www.amazon.com/OREI-Europe-Adapter-Plug-Schuko/dp/B008Y8TF88/ 

Edited by Jersey42

On 9/13/2022 at 8:59 PM, Westsail32 said:

I’d recommend bringing a multiple plug adapter along too as outlets are rare.   I like this plug from Amazon.  It also has a USB-C plug which many of the new things use (like my iPad and Samsung phone.

https://www.amazon.com/EyGde-Extender-Protector-Rotating-Charging/dp/B09NLKVTQ4/

549E0C51-AD7F-4743-8C3C-0EB5532FB50A.jpeg

If you also want to bring an adapter for other devices, please do not bring this one as it is also a surge protector and it is prohibited by all cruise lines.  Surge protectors are a fire danger on a ship due to the differences between marine and land based electrical systems.  If they catch you, they will confiscate it.  There are lots of other options available for additional electrical and/or USB outlets without surge protection that are perfectly fine.

If you want all of the gory details of the dangers, search for posts by @chengkp75 across all of the CC forums.  Some of his posts also explain why surge protectors are not even needed aboard ship.