Gifted On-Board Credit

moneeman

At my suggestion, my son has gifted us OBC for our birthdays (both while on our upcoming cruise).  He bought the OBC yesterday.  When should I see it as available?  Does it take a day or two?  Or does Celebrity hold gifts until boarding to be a surprise?  I just need to know when not seeing it indicates there is a problem that needs correcting.

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

My experience has been that you see the Gift as a card on the first day.    It should also be on your account at that time but have seen it also take a day to be applied. 

Thank you, Jim.  It's good to know what to expect.  Happy cruising

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

If you don’t spend it all, you can cash it in on the last day.

I remember mine going back to the Credit Card, that I used when I bought my OBC as a gift to myself, which I did as a way to save for a large purchase( iPad).{ The $/£ exchange rate was favourable at the time.}

My point is, whose CC does the unused OBC go back to?

10 hours ago, moneeman said:

Thank you, Jim.  It's good to know what to expect.  Happy cruising

Can I suggest your son prints out the email or document relating to his gift for you to take on board? Hopefully there will be no issue and you can happily spend but just in case there is a glitch it can make it easier for Guest Relations to sort if you can provide some documentation.

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise, I hope you both enjoy spending your birthday money!

We received a card in our cabin the first day, however, this gift was a surprise from our son.  He purchased it online and applied a note.  When we tried to read the card the message was garbled and we had no idea why we had such a large gift from 'anonymous'.  Guest relations couldn't help either so we had a large amount of OBC which we weren't sure was ours so we didn't want to use it.  In your case you know the source so ENJOY your birthday present.

We usually pick up cash for our Refundable OBC on the last day.   Main reason is so I don't loose the 3X points on my Sapphire card.   Sometimes with more expensive cruises we have a couple thousand dollars.