Covid protocols in Italy

jerseygirl3

If one goes to a pharmacy in Italy to take a proctored Covid antigen test prior to boarding a cruise, do the results get reported to the local Health Department if it comes back positive?  And if so, do they determine where and for how long you quarantine?  I know in the U.S. the quarantine is 5 days, but I've heard  in Italy it is 10 days.  I just wonder if it's reported, do you get to quarantine at a hotel of your choice, or do they send you somewhere?

Not sure how it is dealt with when it comes to "Cruising". However, I can tell you that my "Boss" and his family went to "Rome" for a vacation about 1 month ago and the day before they were scheduled to fly back to the US they took there "Covid" tests and tested positive. They had to quarantine for a minimum of 5 days and at least until they all tested negative (that took almost 10 days).

I can tell you that they had to pay for their own stay and all expenses while in quarantine.

If you are somewhere you have a wifi signal, take a BinaxNOW or test kit of choice and have a proctored test on the ship or in your hotel.  OnPoint does the proctored test with the free US government test kits.  Much easier than searching out a pharmacy, and results in 15 minutes.

My son and his fiancée have been traveling in Italy for the last week.  So far, no COVID problems for them (vax'd and boosted).  They already decided if they get COVID, they're going to Lake Como to quarantine.**

** that's a joke 

23 hours ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

Not sure how it is dealt with when it comes to "Cruising". However, I can tell you that my "Boss" and his family went to "Rome" for a vacation about 1 month ago and the day before they were scheduled to fly back to the US they took there "Covid" tests and tested positive. They had to quarantine for a minimum of 5 days and at least until they all tested negative (that took almost 10 days).

I can tell you that they had to pay for their own stay and all expenses while in quarantine.

We took out travel insurance thst covers all Covid related expenses. 

You might want to read the fine print in your travel insurance.  Most policies cap at $200 per day and $1,000 per trip per person.  That's only 5 days.  This would be under the "trip Delay"  Also be aware that some policies purchased through the cruiseline, and or a travel agents policy ends the day the cruise ends.  If your staying on beyond the end of your cruise you need to make sure that your policy has the date you fly back specified to ensure your coverage.  Better to check in advance. Seldom is "all covered" applicable in the insurance industry.  Good Luck!