HELP!Need ArriveCAN assistance ASAP…PLEASE!

GrandmaOhio

No one that I have talked to has been able to successfully complete ArriveCAN.

If you are just transiting from the port to the airport to fly back to the US, how do you complete the section asking where you will be for the next 14 days?  It will not take my home address.  HELP!  We board the bus bound for the ship soon. Thanks!

14 minutes ago, GrandmaOhio said:

No one that I have talked to has been able to successfully complete ArriveCAN.

If you are just transiting from the port to the airport to fly back to the US, how do you complete the section asking where you will be for the next 14 days?  It will not take my home address.  HELP!  We board the bus bound for the ship soon. Thanks!

Use the cruise port address. Choose "Other" as your Destination Type, then "Vancouver Cruise Port" as Destination Description. Then for the address: 999 Canada Pl, Vancouver, BC V6C 3E1

I got that far, but it’s asking for a location where I will be for 14 days after arriving in Canada. It will not allow me to add my home address since it is not in Canada. I’m sure I’m missing  something. 

1 minute ago, GrandmaOhio said:

Our cruise ends at the cruise terminal in Vancouver, we’re being transferred byHAL to the airport for a flight home to Ohio @ 2:00.  We will be spending NO time in Vancouver other than that. 

I think it would be the last "address" you have in Canada, which is the airport. If you leave that for another country, they don't really care. That would be my best 'guess' and what I would do in your situtation.

2 minutes ago, GrandmaOhio said:

I got that far, but it’s asking for a location where I will be for 14 days after arriving in Canada. It will not allow me to add my home address since it is not in Canada. I’m sure I’m missing  something. 

The app says:

An address is required where you may be contacted within the next 14 days, or during your stay (if less).

As your stay is less, use the Cruise Port as previously stated.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, GrandmaOhio said:

Fouremco…Thank you!  The address worked!  ArriveCAN. completed!  Thanks so much for your help!

Thank you to everyone!  

We have found in the past two months that ArriveCan is not well set up for cruising. It is good that you got it done! 

It’s all a royal pain. Remember 2.5 yr ago when we showed up at cruise terminal……provided our passport, boarding pass & BINGO, we boarded our dam ship. Now, it’s proctored self testing, ArriveCAN & VeriFly. Hate it all!

37 minutes ago, WFBgal said:

It’s all a royal pain. Remember 2.5 yr ago when we showed up at cruise terminal……provided our passport, boarding pass & BINGO, we boarded our dam ship. Now, it’s proctored self testing, ArriveCAN & VeriFly. Hate it all!

You'll get no argument from me that it's a lot more hassle than it used to be, but it has to be recognized that various countries are doing what they can to ease the spread of Covid and protect their citizens the best that they can.  Until this damned virus goes away we're going to have to endure some inconvenience in order to enjoy our preferred form of vacationing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2