If I buy a Cruise Next Certificate from someone, can I use it on a cruise sailing soon?

KKB

Cruise Next Certificates do not have that restriction.  Cruise First Certificates have the restriction.

Cruise Next Certificates are purchased while onboard an NCL cruise.

Cruise First Certificates are purchased from the NCL.com website at any time.

• Like 1

There's tons of debate about this on the FB groups related to buying/selling them. When we sailed last month we asked the cruise next folks about buying some and applying them to an existing cruise. The only way we could do that was if we rebooked our cruise and applied them to the new booking. We could keep our existing cabin number, but our perks would have changed so we said no.

1 hour ago, hallux said:

You could always refer to the T&C's of the CruiseNext program to determine what the restrictions are, they're easily found with a Google search but I linked them here for your convenience..

https://www.ncl.com/popup/cruisenext_terms

Yep, pulled them up b4 posting...but thought I had seen that stipulation.

First response explains where I've seen it.

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

There's tons of debate about this on the FB groups related to buying/selling them. When we sailed last month we asked the cruise next folks about buying some and applying them to an existing cruise. The only way we could do that was if we rebooked our cruise and applied them to the new booking. We could keep our existing cabin number, but our perks would have changed so we said no.

Yes, I have bought some before & was able to apply them to a 2023 booking.

I am looking at adding the cruise the week before my August cruise; a bunch of solo cabins are available. With my 10% off, $125 AMEX & 2 CND It would only run me about $600/wk with all the perks. Too good a deal to pass up! 

Edited by KKB
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

I believe the terms do say new booking but I've never had any issues applying them to an existing reservation without rebooking, just did so a few weeks ago to take advantage of the double up promo.

My PCC has always been able to apply to existing bookings even ones that are close to final payment.
Another good reason to have an experienced and helpful PCC, I do always ring him first before buying on FB just so he commits to the plan.