CDC currently reviewing pre-cruise testing.

Robjame

they need to get their act together.....     Need to test before boarding  needs to be   ; cancel if testing required.      Just spent 2 weeekd in france.Germany, Switzerland....   No one tests   only visiting American  wear mask....  No one tests   or want to see any doc of vac.....    If O holds on to this useless  silly stunt which will prevent nothing and  appears a liability cover their butt  why would you spend thousands to be in their play house    of anguish ??    enough is enough. ..OK  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

they need to get their act together.....     Need to test before boarding  needs to be   ; cancel if testing required.      Just spent 2 weeekd in france.Germany, Switzerland....   No one tests   only visiting American  wear mask....  No one tests   or want to see any doc of vac.....    If O holds on to this useless  silly stunt which will prevent nothing and  appears a liability cover their butt  why would you spend thousands to be in their play house    of anguish ??    enough is enough. ..OK  

Not sure whose act you're referring to or why you're saying O is holding on to a stunt.  After August 1, O no longer requires pre-boarding tests except for those instances where countries require it for boarding cruise ships.   O doesn't want to do it any more than you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Not sure whose act you're referring to or why you're saying O is holding on to a stunt.  After August 1, O no longer requires pre-boarding tests except for those instances where countries require it for boarding cruise ships.   O doesn't want to do it any more than you.

So where do I find out what countries require it?    ( so I can avoid going there)....    Who in europe?    Because I was just there and  no one cares. about that stuff

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

So where do I find out what countries require it?    ( so I can avoid going there)....    Who in europe?    Because I was just there and  no one cares. about that stuff

I use United Airlines website. Enter your destination, vaccination status and it will bring up everything you need to know and they keep it up-to-date.  It will also bring up a color-coded map of the world. Almost all of Europe is green (no restrictions).   Here is the link:

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/restrictions-map.html

The United website is nice.  However, the assumes you are flying into the country where as cruise ship requirements may be different.  For example, Canada shows 'green' on the United website, but is one of the three countries that Oceania calls out as requiring a test.  The other two are Bermuda and Greece. 

7 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Dan

Don't confuse entry requirements with the country's embarkation requirements.  At present, Canada requires testing prior to embarkation on cruises leaving Canada, but does not require testing to enter the country.   That's one that O lists, and it's confirmed in documentation I received from Canada (not O). O says Greece is another that has the same type of embarkation requirement. 

I don't know when these requirements will be removed.

The twist is slightly different in the Caribbean.  Individual countries can require any cruise calling at its port to require testing for the cruise in general.  Bermuda is one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

I use United Airlines website. Enter your destination, vaccination status and it will bring up everything you need to know and they keep it up-to-date.  It will also bring up a color-coded map of the world. Almost all of Europe is green (no restrictions).   Here is the link:

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/restrictions-map.html

Thanks my friend,    I used that  this past week in going to europe..      My quandary  is that is for " air travel arrival and departure.     My question ( worry), is there a special restriction for cruise passengers.

my plan B is  if I am denied boarding due to covid testing, will O refund my cruise fare ?     If so then I will  have a 14 day tour of europe on my own by land  ( I just  did 2 weeks fine in Europe).      

4 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Thanks my friend,    I used that  this past week in going to europe..      My quandary  is that is for " air travel arrival and departure.     My question ( worry), is there a special restriction for cruise passengers.

my plan B is  if I am denied boarding due to covid testing, will O refund my cruise fare ?     If so then I will  have a 14 day tour of europe on my own by land  ( I just  did 2 weeks fine in Europe).      

According to O, the only country in Europe that requires cruise passenger Covid testing is Greece. 

I was on a river cruise in Europe in May.  Sailed through 4 countries and none of them required a Covid test.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.