What "private" does Carnival visit?

Megan_Strick

Half Moon Cay and Princess Cays usually. Grand Turk isn't really a private island, but Carnival has a beach there. They also have Amber Cove and Mahogany Bay which are similar ports that have free things to do right off the ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sthrnbll said:

Looking to do a solo next year and would feel more comfortable visiting "private" islands. I know Grand Turk, Half Moon, and Princess Cay. Which other ones are there?

Why are you only comfortable visiting "private" islands? There are whole islands to explore. Try some excursions.

Edited by cruizergal70

3 hours ago, CeleBrat said:

Roatan and Amber Cove, both of which are "private" Carnival-only port areas with a pool, beach, or and/or ziplining.

Carnival only as in Carnival family of cruise lines.  We have been at Mahogany Bay with a Costa ship.  EM

I would not classify Mahogany Bay, Amber Cove, or Grand Turk as private islands. Yes, Carnival Corp built up the piers and infrastructure there, but the ports are "regular" ports. The only private islands Carnival stops at are Princess Cays (owned by Princess, a Carnival Corp brand) and Half Moon Cay (owned by Holland America, a Carnival Corp brand).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I would not classify Mahogany Bay, Amber Cove, or Grand Turk as private islands. Yes, Carnival Corp built up the piers and infrastructure there, but the ports are "regular" ports. The only private islands Carnival stops at are Princess Cays (owned by Princess, a Carnival Corp brand) and Half Moon Cay (owned by Holland America, a Carnival Corp brand).

I'm going to suggest that what the OP really means is 'Carnival controlled access'.  In that case, both Mahogany Bay and Amber Cove most definitely are.  Grand Turk is quite safe and was certainly funded by Carnival but is not formally controlled in terms of access. 

2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I guess I should have phrased it differently. Looking for place like HMC not places like Nassau or Cozumel.