Heike Leaving!

Riocca

Several years ago, an unexpectedly large crowd showed up for a one woman show in the Living Room featuring Tony Markey's wife Christine. Heike had everyone available moving chairs. And there was Heike, in her high heels, picking up and moving chairs with them. That said it all. 

Has anyone mentioned that Heike also speaks 5 languages fluently? She's simply the best, better than all the rest. We'll miss her.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Heike is a very experienced and competent Hotel Director. We will miss her just like we missed Phillip who left to join the Ritz Carlton venture.
I must admit I was a little puzzled when Cruise Director Tony Markey became a Hotel Director. I always enjoyed Tony in his previous role but the two jobs seem very dissimilar. Maybe he has previous hospitality experience?

• Like 3

MSC also has unlimited budget and have ordered 6 brand new ships for their new "Explora" luxury brand.   700-900 person vessels, all suites, going to more far flung destinations.  Silversea is also expanding...and Celebrity is always losing hotel directors as they didn't pay them any $$ during covid closure and screwed the lot of them......Then asked them all back?????  She will have Many Many opportunities.  I am only sad I have never had the opportunity to sail with her.  

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 3:12 AM, procter said:

Sad news indeed

Does anybody KNOW where she is going?

My 2 Pennoth is Ritz Carlton with Philip .

Has her partner left Azamara as well.

We loved Phillip. Such a nice man. And of course Heike is a superstar. I hope we run into them both again someday. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, SFCAcruiser said:

Heike has a new position with Explora Journeys, which appears to be a new cruise company that will begin sailing in May 2023. Heike will be "General Manager - shipboard" and I guess this is a land-based position in charge of the shipboard experience (??)

Onboard (or shipboard) Hotel Directors have different titles varying by cruise line.  Both Windstar and Regent call them [Hotel] General Managers.  Explora may be the same.

1 hour ago, Baynanno1 said:

Heike has said elsewhere she will definitely be on board when they start cruising next year.

Explora is the first of a number of new luxury cruise ships under the MSC flag.

So it is under MSC?  I didn’t reAlize that……hmmmm……l.will be waiting to hear reports from cruises once they begin.

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 1

Explora is serious!  I know some high level people there and MSC is sparing NO EXPENSE with Explora.  They just firmed up contracts for a total of 6 ships over the next 3 years.  MSC has Very deep pockets and the fact they are also one of the largest shipping companies in the world$$$$  Where profits have been doubling for the last 3 years...means this product is going to be incredible.  I have never met Heike, but I have no doubt she will fit right in to their Management team from what has been said on this board.   I look forward to trying that product out.  It will be impressive once it gets up and running.  

• Like 2