What to do in Cozumel? A few hours on the beach and shopping??

layteacher

I am taking my daughter and her boyfriend on a cruise to Cozumel in December. They are not big beach goers. They can stand an hour or two. They would rather walk around and look in shops and have a few drinks. Any suggestions for a few hours on the beach then shopping? They are very picky eaters so doing an AI beach all day just is not an option. TIA.

We like the Money Bar - no admission fee, pay as you go for food and drinks, good (not great) snorkeling from the shore, and lots of lounge chairs.  The shore there is rocky, not sandy, which keeps the water clear for snorkeling, and the views are nice.  About a $12 taxi from the piers.  Then taxi to downtown to walk around, shop and find something the picky eaters will like.

On 6/25/2022 at 5:44 AM, JohninDC said:

We like the Money Bar - no admission fee, pay as you go for food and drinks, good (not great) snorkeling from the shore, and lots of lounge chairs.  The shore there is rocky, not sandy, which keeps the water clear for snorkeling, and the views are nice.  About a $12 taxi from the piers.  Then taxi to downtown to walk around, shop and find something the picky eaters will like.

I'm going to try this. Last two times on Cozumel I did Nachi planning a cruise now for next year, there's a good probability I'll be heading back to Cozumel. Nachi is a great deal really enjoy my day there, I was just going to try something different and The Money Bar fits the bill. 

Had planned on going to The Money Bar last time on the island but got bushwacked by my fellow CC'rs who wanted to go back to Nachi, went back to Nachi we had a time😉.  Can never go wrong with Nachi I'm going to try something different this time. 

Does The Money Bar have an AI option like Nachi? Easy enough water access? I saw they don't have a beach but there is access to the ocean. Looks nice, I'm looking forward to the visit.  Thank you for your help.

BTW I read The Money Bar's menu food options look great. 

5 hours ago, TTEllis said:

I'm going to try this. Last two times on Cozumel I did Nachi planning a cruise now for next year, there's a good probability I'll be heading back to Cozumel. Nachi is a great deal really enjoy my day there, I was just going to try something different and The Money Bar fits the bill. 

Had planned on going to The Money Bar last time on the island but got bushwacked by my fellow CC'rs who wanted to go back to Nachi, went back to Nachi we had a time😉.  Can never go wrong with Nachi I'm going to try something different this time. 

Does The Money Bar have an AI option like Nachi? Easy enough water access? I saw they don't have a beach but there is access to the ocean. Looks nice, I'm looking forward to the visit.  Thank you for your help.

No AI as far as I know

For what you seem to be looking for might do better with Sky Reef although both are more oriented to snorkeling.

Edited by c-leg5

7 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Strictly pay as you go - no admission fee.  You access the water via steps.

On 6/26/2022 at 4:13 PM, c-leg5 said:

No AI as far as I know

For what you seem to be looking for might do better with Sky Reef although both are more oriented to snorkeling.

Yes!! Thank you for the recommendation. 

This is exactly what I had in mind. Excellent choice. Appreciate your help.👍

15 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

Yes!! Thank you for the recommendation. 

This is exactly what I had in mind. Excellent choice. Appreciate your help.👍

Not sure if you have seen it but @mitsugirly has an intensive photo review of Sky Reef in her recent land visit to Cozumel.( It is in the blog in her signature.)

Also, not sure if it will make a difference to your decision on whether or not to buy a package but Sky Reef used to offer Happy hour 12-3, not sure if they still do.

Edited by c-leg5

23 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Not sure if you have seen it but @mitsugirly has an intensive photo review of Sky Reef in her recent land visit to Cozumel.( It is in the blog in her signature.)

Also, not sure if it will make a difference to your decision on whether or not to buy a package but Sky Reef used to offer Happy hour 12-3, not sure if they still do.

No I haven't seen it but I will. Thank you. 

In all due respect I hadn't even heard of The Sky Reef, that place is AWESOME. Appreciate the information and recommendation, you made the decision for me in choosing what to do and where to spend my day on Cozumel. We call that BIG. 

That layout is SWEET looking forward to checking out her photo review. The photos I have seen, the Sky Reef it's all me. 

Happy Hour?? Happy Hour has been my middle name for the last 40 years!! 

Thanks again for your assistance. 

Great choice👍

2 hours ago, TTEllis said:

No I haven't seen it but I will. Thank you. 

In all due respect I hadn't even heard of The Sky Reef, that place is AWESOME. Appreciate the information and recommendation, you made the decision for me in choosing what to do and where to spend my day on Cozumel. We call that BIG. 

That layout is SWEET looking forward to checking out her photo review. The photos I have seen, the Sky Reef it's all me. 

Happy Hour?? Happy Hour has been my middle name for the last 40 years!! 

Thanks again for your assistance. 

Great choice👍

LOL, I hope you aren’t disappointed!

It has been several years since we were there but I have been researching for an upcoming visit and I think it is where we will go next time. Keep in mind it is not a sandy beach but “sandy” areas like Money Bar but I feel the sea access is easier. They seem to have added a lot of loungers since we were there. We would just do PAYG,with Happy Hour, but packages are available if you want them. Be sure to check out small chapel that they built just outside the entrance.

Although the review is in @mitsugirly land review it is easier to find if you go to the “port” tag. Who knows you might find somewhere else new from her reviews, although she is mainly snorkeling/diving focused.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

LOL, I hope you aren’t disappointed!

It has been several years since we were there but I have been researching for an upcoming visit and I think it is where we will go next time. Keep in mind it is not a sandy beach but “sandy” areas like Money Bar but I feel the sea access is easier. They seem to have added a lot of loungers since we were there. We would just do PAYG,with Happy Hour, but packages are available if you want them. Be sure to check out small chapel that they built just outside the entrance.

Although the review is in @mitsugirly land review it is easier to find if you go to the “port” tag. Who knows you might find somewhere else new from her reviews, although she is mainly snorkeling/diving focused.

I'm very easy to accommodate, one of those loungers overlooking those rocks with sea in the background, the little dock out to the water access thingy, and a bucket of pretty much anything IN MEXICO, I'm in. 

That place looks great and maybe a bit more me than Nachi. Probably a lot more me than Nachi🙂. In my case just to eliminate any misunderstanding I try and do the AI day package. I've had lots of luck with this approach😂, pretty much what the AI package means to me, it means all day is pretty much Happy Hour, it's a problem🙄 but just to me, I keep the fallout close to home. Btw the Sky Reef Bar that's da bomb. Water in the background ME ME ME and ME.😁

You will be there before I will, I'm looking forward to your new review. A chapel, how awesome I love chapels I do 1 almost every Sunday. 👍👍🙏🙏

Appreciate you. 

Chapel, that's genuis. 

• Like 1

Not sure if you found my blog or not, but here's the direct link to just the Skyreef portion with pictures. CLICK ME

We enjoyed our time there and would definitely go back for sure. But, I'm a big snorkeler so those beautiful sea fans were a draw for me. 😁

32 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Not sure if you found my blog or not, but here's the direct link to just the Skyreef portion with pictures. CLICK ME

We enjoyed our time there and would definitely go back for sure. But, I'm a big snorkeler so those beautiful sea fans were a draw for me. 😁

Got it!! Thank you. Nice diary btw. 👍