Royal and pre cruise testing

17 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

We are sailing out of italy on aug 14 th and our protocols have been up for ages. But i believe you get an email at the 30 day point with updated ones. 

Yep - been on the website for ages, the question was about the App , you get a pop up window when selecting 'Check In' - this doesn't list any testing requirements, but I have no idea if it ever did !

Anyway, we're checked in and prepared to accept whatever testing is required - hoping none. It's stressful enough to worry about BA cancelling our flights as it is.

British Airways to cancel 10,300 more flights

27 minutes ago, kw1816 said:

Yep - been on the website for ages, the question was about the App , you get a pop up window when selecting 'Check In' - this doesn't list any testing requirements, but I have no idea if it ever did !

Anyway, we're checked in and prepared to accept whatever testing is required - hoping none. It's stressful enough to worry about BA cancelling our flights as it is.

Not sure tbh as been using website for main in and the app just for check in. My app never showed any testing either, maybe it shows it closer to the sale date around 30 day mark into line with email.

Yeah i know what you mean my family flying from bristol on easyjet, we flying with jet 2 at manchester

49 minutes ago, kw1816 said:

It only had the “health protocols have not been announced” until yesterday. The change was that they added new language just discussing the vaccine requirement and the wording was updated (it’s clearer). So it is curious that they updated the pop up but only for thé vaccine requirement. It could just be a coincidence but this combined with the fact that they keep announcing Europe protocols last minute and that their competitors are removing testing in Europe suggests something may be afoot. 

This is Wonder in August. Obviously there won’t be any changes outside of Europe just yet. 

Edited by pyrateslife4me84
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, kw1816 said:

Haven't the BA strikes been called off? I thought they accepted an upgraded pay offer? Are they still cancelling despite that pay offer?

53 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Haven't the BA strikes been called off? I thought they accepted an upgraded pay offer? Are they still cancelling despite that pay offer?

Nothing to do with the strikes - they're cancelling flights to manage their operations. Apparently.

"The whole aviation industry continues to face into significant challenges and we're completely focused on building resilience into our operation to give customers the certainty they deserve," BA said.

On 6/28/2022 at 3:48 PM, orville99 said:

That requirement was dropped at the end of April for B2B on the same ship. Side to Side still require testing between cruises.

OMG! Side to Side?

All this time I thought S2S was Ship to Ship!

All this time I was calling our cruise out of Port Canaveral on RCI and then our cruise out of Ft Lauderdale on Celebrity the next day an S2S. hmmm.....

Any other acronyms out there that I don't understand? 😁😄🙂