Royal and pre cruise testing

34 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

According to whom? 

What the CEO of RCL said was as follows.  Not a commitment for a specific time period.......

"I think pre cruise testing is going to be around for another couple of months," Mr. Bayley answered.

"We obviously want it to go back to normal, but we're incredibly cognizant of our responsibilities to keep our crew, the communities and our guests safe."

"I think pre cruise testing is going to be around for another couple of months," Mr. Bayley answered.

This is June 2022 . Two more months July and August ! Now whether, it will be September 1 or September 30 or somewhere in between ?????.       

Heard this overhearing friends telephone conversation with Royal !  

1 hour ago, ssb said:

This is June 2022 . Two more months July and August ! Now whether, it will be September 1 or September 30 or somewhere in between ?????.       

Heard this overhearing friends telephone conversation with Royal !  

He was, to me, giving a rather nondescript “soon but not now.” I would not take it literally as “2 months from this moment.”  

I read it as, “later this year, if conditions allow.” No commitment was made. My real takeaway was, “testing will go away first. Vaccine mandates won’t end any time soon.”

Edited by pyrateslife4me84
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

Thanks so much for all the replies.

I guess we will be doing a test before we board.

One more question, we are doing a B2B, are we required to test between cruises?

Cheers

Len

That requirement was dropped at the end of April for B2B on the same ship. Side to Side still require testing between cruises.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 4:18 PM, Giantfan13 said:

I do apologize if this has been answered already.

Is there any info, rumors whatever of RCCL dropping the pre cruise testing before boarding? 

We are flying to Copenhagen at the end of August and from what I've heard it is very hard to get tested there, except at the airport. 

It would make life so much easier if RCCL dropped the pre cruise testing, again any info on this?

Cheers

Len

Apparently Norwegian is dropping (some) requirements as of 8/1/22:

Norwegian "will drop its pre-cruise testing requirements on nearly all sailings from Europe and other locations outside of North America, effective Aug. 1, 2022."  "Effective for sailings 8/1/22 and beyond for cruises originating in any port except a U.S. port, Canadian port or Piraeus, Greece: All guests are exempt from all pre-cruise COVID-19 testing requirements,” reads a portion of the Sail Safe section on NCL’s website.

• Like 1

IF you do need to test (we just did for a June 20 sailing) the tests RC sells are super easy to use!  We were very happy with our testing experience.  I did mine on a laptop and my husband used a phone and both were very easy.  Just make sure you have a stable surface around (like a hotel desk or table at home).  We did ours in Europe, already on holiday, and it all went fine!  Although, obviously, it would be nice not to test, it was also nice to know people were tested...

4 minutes ago, epicure1920 said:

IF you do need to test (we just did for a June 20 sailing) the tests RC sells are super easy to use!  We were very happy with our testing experience.  I did mine on a laptop and my husband used a phone and both were very easy.  Just make sure you have a stable surface around (like a hotel desk or table at home).  We did ours in Europe, already on holiday, and it all went fine!  Although, obviously, it would be nice not to test, it was also nice to know people were tested...

was that the "BinaxNOW" by Abbott?

4 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Someone posted that the checkin on the ap DROPPED the 'precruise testing' text?

Has that happened to anyone else?

Still there for my B2B leaving next Friday.

24 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Someone posted that the checkin on the ap DROPPED the 'precruise testing' text?

Has that happened to anyone else?

Just had a look on the app for our August sailing on Wonder out of Barcelona - Still shows the vaccination requirement but then says that “Health and safety protocols have not been announced. We anticipate both vaccination and testing requirements and encourage vaccine boosters”

Can’t remember is this is any different from before, but I’m still hoping that testing will be dropped for our sailing (14th).

Edited by kw1816

Just now, kw1816 said:

Just had a look on the app for our August sailing on Wonder out of Barcelona - Still shows the vaccination requirement but then says that “Health and safety protocols have not been announced. We anticipate both vaccination and testing requirements and encourage vaccine boosters”

Can’t remember is this is any different from before, but I’m still hoping that testing will be dropped for our sailing (15th).

We are sailing out of italy on aug 14 th and our protocols have been up for ages. But i believe you get an email at the 30 day point with updated ones.