Royal and pre cruise testing

I do apologize if this has been answered already.

Is there any info, rumors whatever of RCCL dropping the pre cruise testing before boarding? 

We are flying to Copenhagen at the end of August and from what I've heard it is very hard to get tested there, except at the airport. 

It would make life so much easier if RCCL dropped the pre cruise testing, again any info on this?

Cheers

Len

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think there is a thread below where rcl answers about this. Said might be dropped in next 2 months.

Looks like it’s gone. 

OP,

Most Covid threads go sideways anymore, and don’t last long.

Nobody really know until it actually happens. If you’re worried, I would suggest purchasing the proctored test to take with you. If you end up not having to use them, better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

Is there any info, rumors whatever of RCCL dropping the pre cruise testing before boarding? 

We are flying to Copenhagen at the end of August and from what I've heard it is very hard to get tested there, except at the airport. 

It would make life so much easier if RCCL dropped the pre cruise testing, again any info on this?

Cheers

Len

Why don't you get the eMed test kits?

17 minutes ago, WineandBeer said:

Does mid August count? 😆

onc can only hope.

But for me if the pretesting does stop, I  will continue to wear mask in theatres and elevators as I have cruises almost every month.

The best thing to come out is the creation of a recovery document so that if you get covid, you do not have to cancel 3 months of cruises.  T

I would be surprised if they cancel testing before the fall season. My bet is on them observing the winter, and if Omicron develops as expected, that all remaining testing and mandates will be dropped in spring next year. For the record, I have a 7/14 cruise out of Rome and I would love for the pre-testing to stop beforehand.

4 minutes ago, Jingerwoppy said:

Just saw an article that says more ships are returning with green status so saying bye bye to pre-cruise testing is hoepfully coming.

Huh?

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

No greens at all & only a handful of yellows.

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think there is a thread below where rcl answers about this. Said might be dropped in next 2 months.

It' a thread I started earlier today.  Not sure exactly what got it deleted.  Always a mystery what the tipping point is.   Possibility of cancelling talked about on the blog we can't link here where Michael Bayley addresses it on the President's cruise and says in the next couple of months.   It did trigger a couple of people.

Edited by BND

4 hours ago, Jingerwoppy said:

Just saw an article that says more ships are returning with green status so saying bye bye to pre-cruise testing is hoepfully coming.

Have you actually gone out to check ship's status? At the moment, there are no green ships and almost all are orange (step below red). 

8 hours ago, exm said:

Why don't you get the eMed test kits?

Personally? I have a giant box of tests. And I would rather use the ones I already have and not buy any from another company. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc

7 hours ago, Jingerwoppy said:

Just saw an article that says more ships are returning with green status so saying bye bye to pre-cruise testing is hopefully coming.

Status of RCI ships for the last 10 days (HV=Highly Vaccinated as defined by CDC, orange means at least .3% COVID of souls on board):

image.png.456e74334e450cdb65617984a3191a00.png

Edited by Biker19

10 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

I boarded the Voyager in Copenhagen and did the tests the day before just as Royal Caribbean demanded (Denmark doesn't have any restrictions at all anymore) and they didn't even check it when we were checking in at the cruise terminal. Only vaccination status. 

Could have saved about 80$ for the two of us if I knew that but then they would probably have asked for it..

Without wanting to start a new thread, we need to do a test, in RCIs words “1 day” before the cruise.

ive sent an email for clarification, bus does this mean exactly as it reads or are they looking for a 24 hour period?

I can only assume its the day before because thats what it says and the fact that boarding times are not exact, but without the acknowledgment, it’s causing us anxiety.

has anyone done a test in the within the guidance and it has been more than 24 hours?

23 minutes ago, safcftm said:

Without wanting to start a new thread, we need to do a test, in RCIs words “1 day” before the cruise.

ive sent an email for clarification, bus does this mean exactly as it reads or are they looking for a 24 hour period?

I can only assume its the day before because thats what it says and the fact that boarding times are not exact, but without the acknowledgment, it’s causing us anxiety.

has anyone done a test in the within the guidance and it has been more than 24 hours?

Presuming they are consistent, it should be any time on the calendar day before departure (i.e. any time on Saturday for a Sunday departure)

17 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

Cheers

Len

NOT difficult to get a test in Copenhagen.

$27

https://promedical.dk

• Like 1