Self serve laundry?

Raisinette

Hello,

I'm a happy customer of another cruise line, but considering trying a Holland America cruise. I have a general question - do any of the Holland America ships have laundry facilities where you can do your own laundry? 

Thanks!

Becky

28 minutes ago, Raisinette said:

Hello,

I'm a happy customer of another cruise line, but considering trying a Holland America cruise. I have a general question - do any of the Holland America ships have laundry facilities where you can do your own laundry? 

Thanks!

Becky

At $6 a day the cruise long laundry package is a bargain. 👍

5 hours ago, Expo67 said:

At $6 a day the cruise long laundry package is a bargain. 👍

Yes, the by the bag is great but the prices are actually:

Laundry services on Holland America Line cruises. Each ship in the Holland America Line fleet offers a full laundry, pressing and eco-friendly dry cleaning service. You can pay by the item (from $2), by the bag (from $20) or buy an unlimited laundry package for the duration of your cruise (from $7 per day). Laundry is charged at $20 per bag in North America and $30 per bag in Europe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A laundromat is a nicety, but not a deal breaker.  We have a range of quick dry travel clothes that we use for extended land trips outside the US and pack those for longer cruises.  There's nothing wrong with washing out a few things in your cabin, especially if they'll dry overnight.  You can also "wear a day, air a day" on clothing that is not right next to your skin.  We would rather pack light than try to haul extra clothes around.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oakridger said:

Yes, the by the bag is great but the prices are actually:

Laundry services on Holland America Line cruises. Each ship in the Holland America Line fleet offers a full laundry, pressing and eco-friendly dry cleaning service. You can pay by the item (from $2), by the bag (from $20) or buy an unlimited laundry package for the duration of your cruise (from $7 per day). Laundry is charged at $20 per bag in North America and $30 per bag in Europe.

Can  you buy the unlimited laundry service before you embark?   I am having trouble seeing anyway to do this on the HAL website.

3 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

Can  you buy the unlimited laundry service before you embark?   I am having trouble seeing anyway to do this on the HAL website.

Nevermind.  I found it.  You have to go into "cruise activities" and then "packages."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

Yes, if you sign into your HAL account and go to the booking, then select Cruise Activities > Packages & Gifts > Packages > Packages > scroll down to Unlimited Laundry Package.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Yes, if you sign into your HAL account and go to the booking, then select Cruise Activities > Packages & Gifts > Packages > Packages > scroll down to Unlimited Laundry Package.

Yes.  They do ask you to choose one occupant of the cabin for the laundry package.   But I assume only one occupant actually has to buy the package, but one can then use the service for both occupants?   Don't want to buy this package twice for the cabin if we don't have to.

17 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

Yes.  They do ask you to choose one occupant of the cabin for the laundry package.   But I assume only one occupant actually has to buy the package, but one can then use the service for both occupants?   Don't want to buy this package twice for the cabin if we don't have to.

only buy it for one, as it is per cabin, not per person

• Like 2

Thanks for all the feedback!

I don't have any quick dry type clothes, and the excess dryer heat is a concern for tops and undies.  I don't mind sending the rest through the laundry though...

Will have to give this some thought.

Becky

On 6/30/2022 at 8:57 PM, kapitch said:

You can specify air dry for the laundry.  We have done this in the past and it may take an extra day for your laundry to be returned, but worth it.

Kathy

Aha, now that is excellent news - thanks!