Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

3 hours ago, UWDawg said:

Interesting... Offers EHT22 and OML appear to have essentially the same description.

EHT22: https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/EHT22/20221019

OML: https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/OML/20221019

Does anyone have experience recently, on cancelling a cruise booked that's on the promo list, and >120 days away, and then rebooking using the promo code?

I seem to recall someone saying that Viking is now prohibiting this technique (via software) that I've used in the past.

16 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Does anyone have experience recently, on cancelling a cruise booked that's on the promo list, and >120 days away, and then rebooking using the promo code?

I seem to recall someone saying that Viking is now prohibiting this technique (via software) that I've used in the past.

I tried to do that last month with my Viking agent. Problem was most of the cruise was paid for with a voucher,  so that stopped the process as I would lose the voucher value. If you paid cash, you might have a shot.

4 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

I tried to do that last month with my Viking agent. Problem was most of the cruise was paid for with a voucher,  so that stopped the process as I would lose the voucher value. If you paid cash, you might have a shot.

Thanks!  We only have a small deposit down in cash. No Vouchers involved or even planned to be involved.  No other discounts to lose.

We are doing the Eastern Seaboard on Mars Sep 26 MTL-FLL.

Will give it a try.  Worst they can say is no.

Edited by CCWineLover

7 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Thanks!  We only have a small deposit down in cash. No Vouchers involved or even planned to be involved.  No other discounts to lose.

We are doing the Eastern Seaboard on Mars Sep 26 MTL-FLL.

Will give it a try.  Worst they can say is no.

Interesting as that is the same itinerary we just booked October 10 on the Star  (see post #346 above). No vouchers involved, small deposit with PIF 6 months before embarkation.

Let us know how you make out.

13 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

🙋🏼‍♀️ Me!

I had my Antarctic Expedition booked and paid for. I found a code on this thread, called Viking, had to write an email and I was able to cancel my original trip and rebook the same and saved thousands of dollars.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LindaS272 said:

I couldn’t find a “reporting” button for PDAs so you guys get a pass for now!🤪

Since I'm "old school", I must assume you mean Personal Digital Assistant......otherwise I will be blushing at the thought....

• Haha 2

Expedition promo for Feb to Mar 2023 sailings.

Free Air

Free Silver Spirit Beverage Package

Offer Code PAT22

Offer expires Dec 31, 2022

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/expedition/PAT22/20221214

Offer PAT22:
Offer valid on bookings made from Dec 14 to Dec 31, 2022. Free roundtrip airfare and complimentary Silver Spirits Beverage Package valid on

Feb 20; Mar 13 & 18, 2023 departures of Chilean Fjords & Patagonia Explorer;

Mar 27, 2023 departure of Panama & Scenic South America;

Apr 13, 2023 departure of Canada & the Atlantic Coastline;

Mar 13, 2023 departure of Patagonia to Canada Grand Explorer;

Mar 13, 2023 departure of Patagonia, Fjords & Panama Canal;

Mar 6, 2023 departure of Patagonian Shores & Chilean Fjords.

Air pricing varies per itinerary/departure. For additional itineraries, call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Dec 31, 2022; pay in full by at time of booking. Offer expires Dec 31, 2022. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Selion said:

Expedition promo for Feb to Mar 2023 sailings.

Free Air

Free Silver Spirit Beverage Package

Offer Code PAT22

Offer expires Dec 31, 2022

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/expedition/PAT22/20221214

Offer PAT22:
Offer valid on bookings made from Dec 14 to Dec 31, 2022. Free roundtrip airfare and complimentary Silver Spirits Beverage Package valid on

Feb 20; Mar 13 & 18, 2023 departures of Chilean Fjords & Patagonia Explorer;

Mar 27, 2023 departure of Panama & Scenic South America;

Apr 13, 2023 departure of Canada & the Atlantic Coastline;

Mar 13, 2023 departure of Patagonia to Canada Grand Explorer;

Mar 13, 2023 departure of Patagonia, Fjords & Panama Canal;

Mar 6, 2023 departure of Patagonian Shores & Chilean Fjords.

Air pricing varies per itinerary/departure. For additional itineraries, call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Dec 31, 2022; pay in full by at time of booking. Offer expires Dec 31, 2022. 

Something very interesting - I looked at the Canada expedition and using the promo code reduces the least expensive cabin from $7,995 to $5,995 in addition to free air and SS.

thanks again, Selion.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

Something very interesting - I looked at the Canada expedition and using the promo code reduces the least expensive cabin from $7,995 to $5,995 in addition to free air and SS.

thanks again, Selion.

You're welcome, @Squawkman!

I debated whether to post this promo or not, given what happened with the Polaris recently.  But life goes on and we make the determination of risk v. rewards based on our own tolerances.

1 hour ago, Selion said:

You're welcome, @Squawkman!

I debated whether to post this promo or not, given what happened with the Polaris recently.  But life goes on and we make the determination of risk v. rewards based on our own tolerances.

I totally agree and greatly appreciate your sharing everything with us as Viking does not directly inform us of these promos. In our case, I concluded earlier this year that my wife and I are not expedition material as we have limitations that could preclude us (or possibly others we join) from enjoying many of the included excursions. The Atlantic Coastline expedition is tempting, but I'm actually glad we have other plans for the one discounted date offered - lest we talk mourselves into thinking we can fully enjoy this expedition. 🙂

River "Holiday Sale" for select 2023 European river sailings

Free Cattle-class Air

Free Extra Booze

Offer Code VHT22

Offer ends Dec 31, 2022

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/river/VHT22/20221215

Offer VHT22:
Offer valid on bookings made from Dec 13 to Dec 31, 2022. Free international airfare and complimentary Silver Spirits Beverage Package valid on 2023 departures of

Rhine Getaway;

Romantic Danube;

Danube Waltz;

Grand European Tour;

Lyon & Provence;

Paris to the Swiss Alps;

Cities of Light;

Holland & Belgium;

Elegant Elbe;

Passage to Eastern Europe;

Capitals of Eastern Europe;

Lyon, Provence & the Rhineland.

Air pricing varies per itinerary/departure. For additional itineraries, call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Dec 31, 2022; pay in full by Jan 31, 2023 or at time of booking if within 90 days of departure. Offer expires Dec 31, 2022. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all who have posted Viking promotions. I still do not understand how some people get these promotions sent to them and other past guests are not included in them. I have signed up for getting these special promotions and do get some but not all that others receive.

We thanks to those who share them, we just signed up for the Canada and Atlantic Coast trip this April.

The savings with what was included in this promotion was over $5000.00. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PGI GUY said:

Thank you all who have posted Viking promotions. I still do not understand how some people get these promotions sent to them and other past guests are not included in them. I have signed up for getting these special promotions and do get some but not all that others receive.

We thanks to those who share them, we just signed up for the Canada and Atlantic Coast trip this April.

We have 3 cruises booked with Viking (4 if you include a B2B) and we weren’t getting the promos either. We recently signed up with a different email address and we are now getting the promos. Basically the Canadian ones are the same as the American ones. 

22 minutes ago, PGI GUY said:

I have not figured it out either.

1 hour ago, PGI GUY said:

Good for,you! We pondered that one but feel it would be a little too much for us. We are doing a Canada ocean cruise with a promo code provided by Selion.

• Like 1

It’s the promo I’ve been waiting for as it covers DH’s 60th Birthday cruise, but it doesn’t include “free” air just Silver Spirits.  We are trying to decide whether to keep our fingers crossed and hope for another (better) promo or take this one and move from our V2 to a DV2 with SS for the same price.  🤔

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/EHS22/20221217?contid=30060438766_1013887849&utm_id=email_vrc.54641822&cid=EML|RSP|999|vrc.54641822&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=55presale

3ED7FF49-0D18-453E-B5D4-F311BFD74390.png

FE64B8E3-38C5-46BA-9B3C-F8AE0C3F7071.png

A45950C2-FE0A-4C63-B71F-B36F87ECF894.jpeg

2B4FF8B0-2D9A-428F-8C49-52C6A6A45A73.png

5D7DC026-B8F1-4008-AF79-8D3DE0785C57.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

It’s the promo I’ve been waiting for as it covers DH’s 60th Birthday cruise, but it doesn’t include “free” air just Silver Spirits.  We are trying to decide whether to keep our fingers crossed and hope for another (better) promo or take this one and move from our V2 to a DV2 with SS for the same price.  🤔

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/EHS22/20221217?contid=30060438766_1013887849&utm_id=email_vrc.54641822&cid=EML|RSP|999|vrc.54641822&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=55presale

3ED7FF49-0D18-453E-B5D4-F311BFD74390.png

FE64B8E3-38C5-46BA-9B3C-F8AE0C3F7071.png

A45950C2-FE0A-4C63-B71F-B36F87ECF894.jpeg

2B4FF8B0-2D9A-428F-8C49-52C6A6A45A73.png

5D7DC026-B8F1-4008-AF79-8D3DE0785C57.png

Thanks, @Clay Clayton!

Checked out 'Into the Midnight Sun' sailings, V & DV are at least $1000 off per person + free booze using the code.  Dollars off get larger with higher categories, but PV's savings aren't as impressive as the savings in DV.  I think I just heard DW turning off our credit cards on her phone...  Darn it!!!

With code:

image.png.4a0e07cff434cf91162413ff2d21c527.png

Without code:

image.png.34c35eaa62e995f357d86ecdfce44ed6.png

• Like 1

Thanks, @Clay Clayton!

Checked out 'Into the Midnight Sun' sailings, V & DV are at least $1000 off per person + free booze using the code.  Dollars off get larger with higher categories, but PV's savings aren't as impressive as the savings in DV.  I think I just heard DW turning off our credit cards on her phone...  Darn it!!!

With code:

Without code:

Thanks for pointing that out-sorry I failed to mention the savings. The V&DV fare on “our” cruise is $500 cheaper than the current lowest non-promo fare.  The V2 rate is the same as what we have booked that was done during the 25th anniversary promo which provided $25 deposits and a $500 discount off all rates. So if we decide to rebook, we will move from a V2 to a DV for the same cost and get the SS. 

• Like 1

Thanks, @Clay Clayton!

With code:

Without code:

One on the very best cruises we have been on! …..and we had perfect weather every day.  And your price looks great.