Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

3 hours ago, Islandbc said:

Just wondering if any Canadians are getting emails about promos.  We have been on 4 Viking cruises and have 2 more booked, but have never received promo offers.  I have signed up online for offers to no avail.  The promo for one of our future cruises was posted by a member on cruise critic.  Thank you!

Janet - Affirmative, we started receiving them the day after we cancelled the WC.

2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Might be a different problem.

We have several (5) cruises booked.

We get the Viking promotional offers via email all the time, including the ones reference above.

Thank you for additional clarification.  Many cruisers on this board have not received any promo offers if they have future cruises booked.

And please post those promos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

Janet - Affirmative, we started receiving them the day after we cancelled the WC.

Would you mind sending some of these promos our way?  We are counting down the days until the WC, but are considering cancelling the next cruise, as our daughter wants us to come to France for Christmas 2023 to celebrate with her husband's family.  We are considering a cruise in Europe prior to meeting up with them.

1 hour ago, Islandbc said:

Would you mind sending some of these promos our way?  We are counting down the days until the WC, but are considering cancelling the next cruise, as our daughter wants us to come to France for Christmas 2023 to celebrate with her husband's family.  We are considering a cruise in Europe prior to meeting up with them.

Will do. Haven't seen any for about a week, but will forward when received.

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Looks like the EHT promo has been extended to some Expedition Cruises:

Here is the link for Viking Expeditions Thanksgiving sale Offer EHT22 

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/expedition/EHT22/20221019

Which @Clay Clayton posted #308 earlier today

versus the Viking Oceans Thanksgiving sale Offer EHT22 which @SBR2022 posted #287 on Friday

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/EHT22/20221019

And here are details and restrictions on Expeditions Offer EHT22 :

THANKSGIVING SALE
FREE Roundtrip Airfare
plus Prepaid Gratuities

Offer ends Nov 30, 2022

Call 1-844-659-1115 for details.
Ask for Offer "EHT22 "

Offer EHT22 :
Offer valid on bookings made from Nov 1 to Nov 30, 2022. Free roundtrip airfare and prepaid gratuities valid on

Apr - Jul & Sep 2023 departures of Niagara & the Great Lakes;

Jun - Sep 2023 departures of Great Lakes Collection;

May & Aug 2023 departures of Canadian Discovery;

May - Jun 2023 departures of Great Lakes Explorer;

May – Jul 2023 departures of Undiscovered Great Lakes;

Apr & Sep 2023 departures of Canada & the Atlantic Coastline.

Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Nov 30, 2022; pay in full by Dec 15, 2022 or at time of booking if within 90 days of departure. Offer expires Nov 30, 2022

Edited by UWDawg
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, MikeyB said:

Thank you for additional clarification.  Many cruisers on this board have not received any promo offers if they have future cruises booked.

And please post those promos.

I wonder if it depends in part on what cabin categories you have booked in the past. e.g. people who pay for higher categories are presumed to be more likely to book without a discount, but for people who buy the cheaper cabins then the discount may be the difference between sailing and not sailing.

I've sailed once before. ES2. I've never received discount offers.

25 minutes ago, FoggyEthan said:

I wonder if it depends in part on what cabin categories you have booked in the past. e.g. people who pay for higher categories are presumed to be more likely to book without a discount, but for people who buy the cheaper cabins then the discount may be the difference between sailing and not sailing.

I've sailed once before. ES2. I've never received discount offers.

Well, anything is possible with Viking.

In my case, I book the aquarium rooms on the river cruises, and DV6 on Ocean.

The only offer that I have ever received in 12 years with Viking has been for the Expedition cruises.

On 11/15/2022 at 11:53 AM, powderhorn said:

Just as a counterpoint, we had great luck applying a promo code to an existing booking through a call to Viking....see post 162 - 165 on page 7 for details....must have caught them on a good day....:-)

Just a note - we had our Travel Agent get with Viking to see about applying the EHT22 promo code to our booking (the code that Clay posted a bit ago) - Thanksgiving sale.

Sadly, even though we did book between Nov 1 and Nov 30, because we did it Nov 3, we thought we'd qualify.  Unfortunately since the code had not been published when we booked, it cannot be put on now.  In addition, we cannot cancel and rebook (paying $100 penalty for the 2023 cruise) because part of the payment is a voucher, and we would lose the value of the voucher doing that.  Interesting.

Viking never ceases to amaze me with the intricacy of all the booking rules!  It is what it is!

• Like 2

CCW,   sorry V would not budge on promo.  Seem to be very strict with adjusting already booked cruises.  

I encountered a similar situation, when a promo came out for a booked cruise (Lower price).  Told TA I I would lose all previous incentives (excellent ones).

Edited by FetaCheese