Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

4 hours ago, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:

Yes, me! Check out post #133 and earlier. 😃

Thanks I have heard back from Viking, it looks as though they do not offer such great promos to New Zealand and Australian Residents and I was looking at a American Viking website, so when we apply the exchange rate it comes out about the same.

5 hours ago, Serendiptydesign said:

Thanks for shaing we have just checked the Ocean Cruise we will be on in around 80 days, and the cruise fare listed is comsiderable less than we paid some 4 months ago. Has this happened to anyone else. Later today I plan to contact Viking to question them.

It happened to us and the only way I got any consideration was to threaten to cancel and rebooking which would have ended up saving us about $1,200 total. We requested we be upgraded to  PV (from our V) as the PV rate was now about what we paid for the V. Viking refused but eventually they offered us a $1,000 non-refundable onboard credit which we accepted. 

Good Luck!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Serendiptydesign said:

Thanks for this, I have emailed them it will be interesting to see what they come back with, I booked directly with Viking back in May 2022, and so far have had a great response with any query. It is 9.05am  here in New Zealand and Viking in Austaralia is some 3 to 4 hour behind, wish me luck.

🤞🏻Good Luck!!! 

Email today:

Offer EBD: Offer valid on bookings made from Sep 27 to Sep 30, 2022. Cruise from $3,199 per person based on select Mar 2024 departures of Tulips & Windmills in category F; cruise from $1,999 per person based on select Mar 2024 departures of Rhine Getaway in category F; cruise from $3,799 per person based on select Nov 2024 departures of Grand European Tour in category F; cruise from $2,799 per person based on select Nov 2024 departures of Paris & the Heart of Normandy in category F; subject to availability, other categories/departures may be higher. Up to $2,000 per couple savings based on category AA. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Book by Sep 30, 2022; pay in full by Mar 31, 2023. Offer expires Sep 30, 2022.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/24/2022 at 8:14 AM, BaileyMJ said:

Thank you! Sure hope they offer this promo for 2023 sailings. 🙏🏻

44 minutes ago, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:

Thank you! Sure hope they offer this promo for 2023 sailings. 🙏🏻

@FLORIDA FLOUNDER If I recall correctly you were interested in Across the Bay of Bengal.  Clicking on the "Offer SAU22:" at the bottom of the web page, it identifies for which voyages the offer is valid.  Unfortunately, for Across the Bay of Bengal it appears that Offer SAU22 is limited to the Nov 14, 2022 departure. 

https://viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/SAU22/20220918?

The offer appears to apply to select 2023 departures of other cruises. 

On 9/27/2022 at 7:54 PM, UWDawg said:

@FLORIDA FLOUNDER If I recall correctly you were interested in Across the Bay of Bengal.  Clicking on the "Offer SAU22:" at the bottom of the web page, it identifies for which voyages the offer is valid.  Unfortunately, for Across the Bay of Bengal it appears that Offer SAU22 is limited to the Nov 14, 2022 departure. 

https://viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/SAU22/20220918?

The offer appears to apply to select 2023 departures of other cruises. 

Exactly! I was looking for April 2023 and it doesn't look like they're offered with a promo code yet. 🤞🏻

58 minutes ago, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:

Exactly! I was looking for April 2023 and it doesn't look like they're offered with a promo code yet. 🤞🏻

@FLORIDA FLOUNDER I can't believe you made this CC comment at almost the exact time that the eye of Hurricane/Tropical Storm Ian was passing over Satellite Beach, FL.  Hopefully you evacuated to a safe location and your family & property come out of the storm relatively unharmed.  Keep up the positive attitude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi All - this question may be off topic but think many of you know everything about Viking si here goes:

I booked the Across Bay of Bengal with the SAU22 primo - I am solo cruiser and the single supplement was probably around 50% have enjoyed 3 Viking Ocean cruises all post covid and each time I opt for the air plus option and it was always $50 but yesterday my TA let me know Viking was charging $150 for air plus - has Viking increased air plus charge?  I thought  the deviation fee was $150?  

This is my first time to all countries

39 minutes ago, BaileyMJ said:

Hi All - this question may be off topic but think many of you know everything about Viking si here goes:

I booked the Across Bay of Bengal with the SAU22 primo - I am solo cruiser and the single supplement was probably around 50% have enjoyed 3 Viking Ocean cruises all post covid and each time I opt for the air plus option and it was always $50 but yesterday my TA let me know Viking was charging $150 for air plus - has Viking increased air plus charge?  I thought  the deviation fee was $150?  

I believe they have changed the range of the fee and it depends on the cruise.  So I believe your TA is probably correct.  Deviation would be an additional fee.

40 minutes ago, BaileyMJ said:

Yes. This month we’ve been quoted $150 for VA+ and $100 for deviation.

On 9/29/2022 at 12:27 PM, UWDawg said:

@FLORIDA FLOUNDER I can't believe you made this CC comment at almost the exact time that the eye of Hurricane/Tropical Storm Ian was passing over Satellite Beach, FL.  Hopefully you evacuated to a safe location and your family & property come out of the storm relatively unharmed.  Keep up the positive attitude.

Thank you! We're all safe and my home had no damage. In fact, I never lost power, cable or wifi! 😃

The winds and rain were pretty scary but we managed to get through Ian unscathed. 🙌🏻

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BaileyMJ said:

@BaileyMJ You might find the following two discussion topics relevant to your concerns and might receive some more-informed responses:

Just got this promotion via email:

WINTER MEDITERRANEAN SALE

Complimentary Stateroom Upgrade

plus FREE International Airfare

Offer ends Oct 7, 2022

Call 1-877-322-1523 for details.

Ask for Offer "AMW22"

Offer valid on bookings made from Oct 2 to Oct 7, 2022. Complimentary category upgrade up to Deluxe Veranda (DV1) plus free international airfare valid on Oct 2022 & Jan 2023 departures of Ancient Mediterranean Treasures; Nov-Dec 2022 & Jan 2023 departures of Iconic Western Mediterranean; Journey to Antiquities; Dec 2022 & Feb 2023 departures of Greek Odyssey; Jan 24, 2023 departure of Cities of Antiquities & the Holy Land; Dec 27, 2022 & Jan 10, 2023 departures of Ancient Mediterranean Antiquities; Dec 20, 2022 departure of Iconic Mediterranean Treasures; Dec 20 & 29, 2022 departures of Mediterranean Antiquities. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Oct 7, 2022; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Oct 7, 2022.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BaileyMJ said:

Just got this promotion via email:

WINTER MEDITERRANEAN SALE

Complimentary Stateroom Upgrade

Offer ends Oct 7, 2022

Call 1-877-322-1523 for details.

Ask for Offer "AMW22"

Offer valid on bookings made from Oct 2 to Oct 7, 2022. Complimentary category upgrade up to Deluxe Veranda (DV1) plus free international airfare valid on Oct 2022 & Jan 2023 departures of Ancient Mediterranean Treasures; Nov-Dec 2022 & Jan 2023 departures of Iconic Western Mediterranean; Journey to Antiquities; Dec 2022 & Feb 2023 departures of Greek Odyssey; Jan 24, 2023 departure of Cities of Antiquities & the Holy Land; Dec 27, 2022 & Jan 10, 2023 departures of Ancient Mediterranean Antiquities; Dec 20, 2022 departure of Iconic Mediterranean Treasures; Dec 20 & 29, 2022 departures of Mediterranean Antiquities. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Oct 7, 2022; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Oct 7, 2022.

Adding link to the offer posted by @BaileyMJ

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/AMW22/20221002/

• Like 1

Offer RML

I saw this offer in FB on a Viking sponsored advertisement.

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/river/RML/20220922

FREE AIR OFFER [on select river cruises]
Sail from $2,599

Offer ends Oct 17, 2022
Call 1-866-707-5986 for details
Ask for Offer " RML "

Offer RML:
Offer valid on bookings made from Sep 23 to Oct 17, 2022. Cruise from $2,599 per person based on select Nov 2023 departures of Rhine Getaway; Romantic Danube; Danube Waltz in category F; cruise from $3,999 per person based on select Jul & Aug 2023 departures of Grand European Tour in category F; subject to availability, other categories may be higher. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Viking all-inclusive air with transfers available. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Book by Oct 17, 2022; pay in full by Nov 30, 2022. Offer expires Oct 17, 2022.

Air Promo:
Free international airfare based on Apr-Nov 2023 departures of Rhine Getaway; Romantic Danube; Grand European Tour; Mar-Nov 2023 departures of Danube Waltz. Call for details. Air prices are per person based on cruise or cruise tour check-in date and include transfers. Air seats are limited; airfares are subject to change until full payment of air is received. Airfares vary on other gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Ask for Offer RML. Offer expires Oct 17, 2022.

As near as I can tell, it is IDENTICAL to the RAP22 offer posted by @Selion under post #170 a little over a week ago.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

New Fall 2022 169 page brochure arrived in the mail today. Offer code WOV22 (World of Viking 2022?) Doesn’t work online. May have to call to use.

Thanks for posting @OneSixtyToOne.  This WOV22 offer appears to be an extension of the WOV22 offer which @slewis7 posted on Aug 11 under post #63 only the $25 deposit feature is no longer included and there have been some modification of the itineraries included under the offer in addition to the extension of the expiration date.

This adds to the complexity of the puzzle that Viking has created for us.