Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

1 hour ago, keokukjoe said:

Code AFA22 for free economy air on "select" ocean voyages. Apparently only good today??? Found on a Facebook post. Hope this helps someone.

I just tried this code for two 2023 ocean itineraries we are considering and it did not work.

10 minutes ago, slewis7 said:

I just tried this code for two 2023 ocean itineraries we are considering and it did not work.

I wish Viking would list the "select" ocean voyages this code applies to. It works for the Iberian Explorer in Jan 2023.

Edited by keokukjoe

1 hour ago, keokukjoe said:

Code AFA22 for free economy air on "select" ocean voyages. Apparently only good today??? Found on a Facebook post. Hope this helps someone.

FYI... @Selion reported code AFA22 on 8/12/22 under post #71 with the following link, which would appear to identify the voyages to which the code applies:

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/AFA22/20220812? 

As you mentioned, the offer appears to end today Aug 17, 2022

OCEAN FLASH SALE

All-Inclusive Voyages 

FREE Airfare & Special Fares
Offer ends Aug 17, 2022

For me the link shows the following voyages:

• Australia & New Zealand (Sydney to Auckland)
  • South America & the Chilean Fjords (Santiago (Valparaíso) to Buenos Aires)
  • Amazon & Caribbean Adventure (Manaus to San Juan)
  • Classic Panama Canal Passage (Panama City (Fuerte Amador) to Ft. Lauderdale)
  • Iberian Explorer (Barcelona to London)
  • West Indies Explorer (San Juan to San Juan)
  • Panama Canal & Central America (Ft. Lauderdale to Ft. Lauderdale)
  • Atlantic Crossing (Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to Barcelona)
  • Southern Atlantic Crossing (Barcelona to Buenos Aires)
  • West Indies to Iberia (Barcelona to San Juan)

Edited by UWDawg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I received a flyer in the mail with a offer code for Mediterranean Cruises.  The offer was for best available stateroom and free silver spirits package.  The code is SMD23.

I was able to use it on my 2023 Mediterranean cruise. Hope this helps someone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ksqrd said:

I received a flyer in the mail with a offer code for Mediterranean Cruises.  The offer was for best available stateroom and free silver spirits package.  The code is SMD23.

I was able to use it on my 2023 Mediterranean cruise. Hope this helps someone.

Following up on the posting from @Ksqrd I found the following information online:
https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/SMD23/20220801/ 
25th ANNIVERSARY SALE

• Best Available Stateroom
  • FREE Silver Spirits Beverage Package
  • $25 Deposit
  • Offer ends August 31, 2022
  • Call 1-833-463-9982 for details.
  • Ask for Offer "SMD23"

Offer SMD23:
Offer valid on bookings made from Aug 1 to Aug 31, 2022.

Free category upgrade from Veranda (V2) to Deluxe Veranda (DV1),

free Silver Spirits Beverage Package and

$25 per person deposit valid on Mar-Oct 2023 departures of

• Mediterranean & Italian Sojourn;
  • Italy, the Adriatic & Greece; Empires of the Mediterranean;
  • Mediterranean Odyssey;
  • Iconic Western Mediterranean;
  • Italian Sojourn;
  • Venice, the Adriatic & Greece;
  • Apr-Oct 2023 departures of Ancient Adriatic Treasures;
  • Ancient Mediterranean Treasures;
  • Apr-Sep 2023 departures of Mediterranean’s Iconic Shores;
  • Oct 2023 departures of Ancient Mediterranean Antiquities;
  • Mar & Oct 2023 departures of Caribbean & Mediterranean Odyssey.

Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only.

Viking all-inclusive air with transfers available.

Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer.

All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees.

Book by Aug 31, 2022; pay in full by Sep 30, 2022.

Offer expires Aug 31, 2022

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, UWDawg said:

Following up on the posting from @Ksqrd I found the following information online:
https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/SMD23/20220801/ 
25th ANNIVERSARY SALE

• Best Available Stateroom
  • FREE Silver Spirits Beverage Package
  • $25 Deposit
  • Offer ends August 31, 2022
  •  

And a similar SMD23 offer for our Canadian neighbors at the following site:

https://www.viking.com/promotions/ca/ocean/SMD23/20220801/

Edited by UWDawg
  • Like 3

Fresh off my inbox...

River cruises with free air & $25 deposit.

Offer EBD: Offer valid on bookings made from Aug 18 to Aug 31, 2022.

Free airfare valid on 2023 departures of

European Sojourn;

Capitals of Eastern Europe.

Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City.

Book by Aug 31, 2022.

2023: Pay in full by Sep 30, 2022.

2024: Pay in full by Dec 31, 2022.

Offer expires Aug 31, 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Offer - FLS, ends 23rd Aug  

FEATURED RIVER VOYAGES

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2022_campaigns/august_2022/082022_vrc_flsh/i1.jpg

Grand European Tour

15 DAYS | Amsterdam to Budapest

All-Inclusive from $5,799* CAD
& FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, FREE International Airfare
On Oct & Nov 2022 Departures
ASK FOR OFFER: FLS

Step inside Germany’s oldest inn in Miltenberg and sample local wine in Austria’s renowned Wachau Valley.

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2022_campaigns/august_2022/082022_vrc_flsh/i2.jpg

Danube Waltz

8 DAYS | Passau to Budapest

All-Inclusive from $2,599* CAD
& FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, Airfare from Only $799 CAD
On Oct & Nov 2022 Departures

Admire Bratislava Castle, perched above the Danube River, in Slovakia and attend a Mozart and Strauss concert in Vienna.

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2022_campaigns/august_2022/082022_vrc_flsh/i3.jpg

Danube Christmas Delights

8 DAYS | Passau to Budapest

All-Inclusive from $3,299* CAD
& FREE Stateroom Upgrade
On Nov & Dec 2022 Departures

See how gingerbread is made at a traditional bakery in Passau and shop for holiday gifts crafted by talented artisans in Linz.

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2022_campaigns/july_2022/073022_vrc_flash_sale/i4.jpg

Paris to the Swiss Alps

12 DAYS | Paris to Zürich

All-Inclusive from $4,299* CAD
& FREE Stateroom Upgrade
On Nov & Dec 2022 Departures

Marvel at the stained glass of Reims Cathedral in France and visit the beautiful mountain town of Interlaken in Switzerland.

• Like 1

De-coding the Viking Offer codes… some notes…

I’ve been trying to figure out how to tap into and have visibility of the Viking offers, but I haven’t figured a consistent approach yet.

In some cases I can use the following format
     www.viking.com/[offer code]
and it will re-direct me to a more specific page with the URL format 

www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/[offer code]/[offer code initiation date]/

ocean” might be replaced with “river” or “expedition” depending upon the offer.
I can also replace the “us” with “ca” to get a Canadian version of the offer.

The viking.com followed by /[offer code] format has worked for the following codes recently posted in this forum:
•    /JUL4/ => /promotions/us/jul4-lp.html => /ocean/JUL4/2022070/
•    /ANT22/ => /expedition/ANT22/20220730/
•    /SMD23/ => /ocean/SMD23/20220801/

While it doesn’t work consistently to get to a more detailed offer page, sometimes I can find that page using the specific format
www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/[offer code]/[offer code initiation date]/

•    /ocean/WMS22/20220729/
•    /ocean/AFA22/20220812/
•    /ocean/WPA22/20220806/

It appears that when I receive an email code, the embedded URL link has been several variable attributes including what I believe to be a personalized customer ID.  I try to strip away these extra characters to find the base offer information.

At the bottom of information web page, I’ve sometimes found a link found that if you click on the Offer Code at the bottom of the web page, it will expand text to see more specific details of the offer.

The above approach provides only partial insight as to gain visibility of Viking Offer Code details.  This approach did not work for offer codes EBD, WOV22, ARC22, or RVR23. Plus, I did need to first have the offer code and half the time I also needed the offer code initiation date.  

Then there is a new variation because the Offer Code “FLS” and link that @Heidi13 posted earlier today is a bit different in that the link provided directs to a web page with “FLSH” embedded in the URL instead of “FLS” but similarly the general offer information can be found at one of the following sites:
•   https://www.viking.com/promotions/ca/river/FLSH/20220820/
•   https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/river/FLSH/20220820/

So, I’m just sharing my observations with you folks, who may have additional insights to offer. 

Here are some additional observations related to the links in the Viking offer emails I’ve received.

Embedded in the URL links in my emails from Viking are a couple of variable codes.
•    contid= <= this is number, a 10-digit number followed by an underscore and then followed by another 10-digit number. This embedded code is the same in all my emails, yet Links posted by others have a different contid= code, so I’m thinking this is my unique customer identification code.
•    utm_id= <= this code always starts with “email_vrc.” and then is followed by an 8-digit number.  This 8-digit number appears to increase with each subsequent email I receive, except the number has always started with the digits “54” and has always ended in the digit “2” in the 8th position.  Also, the 7th digit has always been even.  This makes me theorize that the 7th and 8th digits are not just part of a sequential number but are part of an intelligent code with some specific meaning.

I suspect that these codes help to determine and track to whom the offers are extended as well as the means by which the offer is marketed.  Some of the URL links I’ve seen are not direct from Viking, but from a Travel Agent, and those URLs have a different set of codes used to track the TA (agenturlid), clients or particular campaigns.

Links in Viking offer emails I have that are older than 3 months ago seem to have expired and returned the following response:
Either the offer you clicked on has expired, or we are no longer accepting responses from the form you submitted.

I enjoy solving puzzles and recognizing patterns.  The above is my attempt and exercising my brain exercise and passing time on a Saturday while my DW watches some chick-flicks on TV... ha ha

• Like 6

On 8/18/2022 at 9:54 AM, UWDawg said:

And a similar SMD23 offer for our Canadian neighbors at the following site:

https://www.viking.com/promotions/ca/ocean/SMD23/20220801/

We were able to book with this code from Canada. Booked a cruise from Barcelona to Istanbul (29 days), Sept 2023.  DV1  for the same price as a V2 with SSP included.

Thanks to CC for the advanced information  It is now also available on the Viking site

• Like 3

11 hours ago, UWDawg said:

De-coding the Viking Offer codes… some notes…

I’ve been trying to figure out how to tap into and have visibility of the Viking offers, but I haven’t figured a consistent approach yet.

In some cases I can use the following format
     www.viking.com/[offer code]
and it will re-direct me to a more specific page with the URL format 

www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/[offer code]/[offer code initiation date]/

ocean” might be replaced with “river” or “expedition” depending upon the offer.
I can also replace the “us” with “ca” to get a Canadian version of the offer.

The viking.com followed by /[offer code] format has worked for the following codes recently posted in this forum:
•    /JUL4/ => /promotions/us/jul4-lp.html => /ocean/JUL4/2022070/
•    /ANT22/ => /expedition/ANT22/20220730/
•    /SMD23/ => /ocean/SMD23/20220801/

While it doesn’t work consistently to get to a more detailed offer page, sometimes I can find that page using the specific format
www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/[offer code]/[offer code initiation date]/

•    /ocean/WMS22/20220729/
•    /ocean/AFA22/20220812/
•    /ocean/WPA22/20220806/

It appears that when I receive an email code, the embedded URL link has been several variable attributes including what I believe to be a personalized customer ID.  I try to strip away these extra characters to find the base offer information.

At the bottom of information web page, I’ve sometimes found a link found that if you click on the Offer Code at the bottom of the web page, it will expand text to see more specific details of the offer.

The above approach provides only partial insight as to gain visibility of Viking Offer Code details.  This approach did not work for offer codes EBD, WOV22, ARC22, or RVR23. Plus, I did need to first have the offer code and half the time I also needed the offer code initiation date.  

Then there is a new variation because the Offer Code “FLS” and link that @Heidi13 posted earlier today is a bit different in that the link provided directs to a web page with “FLSH” embedded in the URL instead of “FLS” but similarly the general offer information can be found at one of the following sites:
•   https://www.viking.com/promotions/ca/river/FLSH/20220820/
•   https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/river/FLSH/20220820/

So, I’m just sharing my observations with you folks, who may have additional insights to offer. 

Here are some additional observations related to the links in the Viking offer emails I’ve received.

Embedded in the URL links in my emails from Viking are a couple of variable codes.
•    contid= <= this is number, a 10-digit number followed by an underscore and then followed by another 10-digit number. This embedded code is the same in all my emails, yet Links posted by others have a different contid= code, so I’m thinking this is my unique customer identification code.
•    utm_id= <= this code always starts with “email_vrc.” and then is followed by an 8-digit number.  This 8-digit number appears to increase with each subsequent email I receive, except the number has always started with the digits “54” and has always ended in the digit “2” in the 8th position.  Also, the 7th digit has always been even.  This makes me theorize that the 7th and 8th digits are not just part of a sequential number but are part of an intelligent code with some specific meaning.

I suspect that these codes help to determine and track to whom the offers are extended as well as the means by which the offer is marketed.  Some of the URL links I’ve seen are not direct from Viking, but from a Travel Agent, and those URLs have a different set of codes used to track the TA (agenturlid), clients or particular campaigns.

Links in Viking offer emails I have that are older than 3 months ago seem to have expired and returned the following response:
Either the offer you clicked on has expired, or we are no longer accepting responses from the form you submitted.

I enjoy solving puzzles and recognizing patterns.  The above is my attempt and exercising my brain exercise and passing time on a Saturday while my DW watches some chick-flicks on TV... ha ha

Dawg! Amazing.  When you get it all figured out and have written and the VikingPromoApp is available on the AppleStore let me know, I’ll pay $2.99 for it! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, UWDawg said:

@Clay Clayton Do you have a link associated with this offer that you can post?

I’m happy to forward you the email if you’ll remind me of your email address. There are two links in the email, one to each 2022/23 World Cruise. Each is the typical red “Price and Build” button. The solo offer is just that small mention I screen shot at the bottom of the email. 

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

I’m happy to forward you the email if you’ll remind me of your email address. There are two links in the email, one to each 2022/23 World Cruise. Each is the typical red “Price and Build” button. The solo offer is just that small mention I screen shot at the bottom of the email. 

@Clay Clayton For most of my travel and social media correspondence I use UWWolfe@gmail.com

22 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

YouGot(or should have) Mail!

Thanks.  Got it.  I reviewed the links and, as you indicated, I found no special offer information or offer codes in the links.  The only mention of a special rate for solo travelers was in the text of the graphic you included in your post #114 above.  Also, I found no insightful information in the URL attributes.  So, I'll continue to search for the Holy Grail, the Elixir of Life, the Fountain of Youth, and El Dorado.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I called the Viking # on the ad for solo deal on WC and note this is for US departure 1) for the Jan 2023 WC the solo deal is basically 2K saving - the rep pretty much admitted the difference is basically saving on the 2nd airfare and only DV rooms available 2) For the 2024 WC there is a 25% discount on a DV6 room and only available on the Fort Lauderdale departure in December 2023 so discount really for the Panama Canal transit which from previous WC postings you really do not get the WC treatment till you depart from LA.

Basically bottom line singles still paying 2X

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2022 at 1:19 PM, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:

Update...

[Excerpted from longer post]

If this was a few hundred dollars I wouldn't go through this aggravation but the savings is now $5794.26 which is A LOT of money!!! Hell...It's potentially another trip!

Soooo....now I play the waiting game. (Cue the Jeopardy song)🎶

FLORIDA FLOUNDER, how about an update? Were you successful in saving that money, and getting the stateroom you wanted? I’ve been in suspense!

Viking Ocean Penthouse Veranda sale.  Promo code PHV22.

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/PHV22/20220826/iconic-western-mediterranean.html?contid=3647&utm_id=email_vrc.54529762&cid=EML|RSP|999|vrc.54529762&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=55presale

Iconic Mediterranean PV1 is $2799 for Nov 5, Nov 19 & Nov 26 sailings!

Given the recent river water levels, I'm tempted to cancel my November Rhine cruise and book on this Med ocean cruise.