Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

Received a small brochure in the mail for 2023 Mediterranean cruises - valid through today - $25 deposit and free silver spirits package. Looking at a booking and it states the code (LBGYXC) is not valid. Anyone else tried or were able to use this?

35 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Labor Day Sale (on selected cruises). For the one we have booked it appears prices are the same as during the $25 deposit promo but they now are including Free Air.  

043A622C-A19D-46C2-837D-1F5C442E9503.jpeg

[adding link to offer that Clay posted]

LBR22

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/LBR22/20220826 <= U.S.

https://www.viking.com/promotions/ca/ocean/LBR22/20220826 <= Canada

Labor Day Sale

Reduced Fares

plus FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Offer ends Sep 8, 2022

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, shadowlover said:

VXP23 Offers for free air and silver spirits on select voyages/ Antarctica for 2023 and 2024.

VXP23
LIMITED TIME OFFER
FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Complimentary Silver Spirits Beverage Package
Offer ends Oct 31, 2022

•   https://www.viking.com/VXP23/
•   https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/expedition/VXP23/20220901

Offer valid on bookings made from Sep 1 to Oct 31, 2022. Free roundtrip airfare and complimentary Silver Spirits Beverage Package valid on all 2023 & 2024 expedition departures. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Air prices are per person based on cruise or cruise tour check-in date and include transfers. Air seats are limited; airfares are subject to change until full payment of air is received. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. Airfares vary on other gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City. Additional restrictions may apply; call for details. Book by Oct 31, 2022. 2023: Pay in full by Nov 30, 2022. 2024: Pay in full by Mar 31, 2023. Offer expires Oct 31, 2022.

•    Antarctic Explorer - Buenos Aires to Ushuaia
•    Antarctic Adventure - Buenos Aires to Ushuaia
•    Antarctica & South Georgia Island - Ushauia to Ushuaia
•    Great Lakes Collection - Duluth, Minnesota to Toronto, Ontario
•    Niagara & the Great Lakes - Toronto to Milwaukee
•    Canadian Discovery - New York City to Toronto
•    Chilean Fjords & Patagonia Explorer - Buenos Aires to Santiago (Valparaíso)
•    Panama & Scenic South America - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to Valparaíso
•    Longitudinal World Cruise II - Duluth to Ushuaia
•    Longitudinal World Cruise III - Milwaukee to Ushuaia

Note for the Antarctic Explorer cruise, this VXP23 offer appears to add the Silver Spirits Beverage Package in addition to the current “special offer” seen on the Viking Expeditions site which advertises “SPECIAL SAVINGS PLUS UP TO FREE INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE; Expires September 30, 2022.”
•   https://www.vikingcruises.com/expeditions
•   https://www.vikingcruises.com/expeditions/cruise-destinations/antarctica/antarctic-explorer/index.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2022 at 12:44 PM, Valdinger said:

FLORIDA FLOUNDER, how about an update? Were you successful in saving that money, and getting the stateroom you wanted? I’ve been in suspense!

Success!!! I cancelled the cruise, rebooked the same identical cruise, same cabin, same everything and saved over $5700!!! 😱 To me, it was a no brainer and worth the little extra aggravation. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Clay for starting this ... it always boggled my mind why Viking would stop sending promos once you have booked a cruise.  I would booked another cruise if I got a great deal!

Also, thanks UWDawg for figuring out the web address format. I received this promotion thru a travel agent, but was able to find the web address using the formatting.  I did have to keep changing the date until I hit the correct posting date. 

ASIA SALE

Reduced Fares

FREE International Airfare

Complimentary Silver Spirits

Beverage Package

Offer ends Sep 14, 2022

Ask for Offer "FTA22"

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/FTA22/20220902

• Like 2

Here is a code,  expiring the end of this month.

Sep22.  It says reduced rates and lower air.

It's good for certain Mediterrean Ocean cruises and river cruises.

However, (there is always a however)-when I tried to do some dummy bookings, I realized I was the dummy because nothing changed.  But it might only be be,

1 hour ago, MikeyB said:

Here is a code,  expiring the end of this month.

Sep22.  It says reduced rates and lower air.

It's good for certain Mediterrean Ocean cruises and river cruises.

However, (there is always a however)-when I tried to do some dummy bookings, I realized I was the dummy because nothing changed.  But it might only be be,

Me too, prices same.

3 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Friend got an email today offering the following. 

1BAC5D98-62D8-465B-8C66-6D7928C54D08.jpeg

@Clay Clayton  I found the link to the offer you reference in the email that was forwarded to you from your friend:

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/river/FLS/20220910 

The text is a bit different than in the email in that the email goes into more specifics as to restrictions/eligibility.

FLASH SALE
Reduced Fares
plus FREE International Airfare

Offer ends Sep 15, 2022

Call 1-888-994-0653 for details

Ask for Offer "FLS"

Offer FLS:
Offer valid on bookings made from Sep 11 to Sep 15, 2022. Reduced fares plus free international airfare valid on Oct & Nov 2022 departures of Grand European Tour; Danube Waltz; Passage to Eastern Europe; Nov 2022 departures of Paris to the Swiss Alps; Elegant Elbe. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Sep 15, 2022; pay in at time of booking. Offer expires Sep 15, 2022.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, UWDawg said:

@Clay Clayton  I found the link to the offer you reference in the email that was forwarded to you from your friend:

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/river/FLS/20220910 

The text is a bit different than in the email in that the email goes into more specifics as to restrictions/eligibility.

FLASH SALE
Reduced Fares
plus FREE International Airfare

Offer ends Sep 15, 2022

Call 1-888-994-0653 for details

Ask for Offer "FLS"

Offer FLS:
Offer valid on bookings made from Sep 11 to Sep 15, 2022. Reduced fares plus free international airfare valid on Oct & Nov 2022 departures of Grand European Tour; Danube Waltz; Passage to Eastern Europe; Nov 2022 departures of Paris to the Swiss Alps; Elegant Elbe. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Sep 15, 2022; pay in at time of booking. Offer expires Sep 15, 2022.

Thanks for link. Have never seen Grand Euro for less than $3,899.

Viking Ocean Med cruise sale for this winter.  Free air and same fares from V2 to DV1.

Promo Code MIW22

Expires Sept 19, 200

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/MIW22/20220910?contid=3647&utm_id=email_vrc.54543482&cid=EML|RSP|999|vrc.54543482&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=55presale

Finally chickened out on my Rhine River cruise and booked on the Iconic Western Med.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

In the past, if Viking was offering free airfare, and you declined that offer, they would give you a credit towards your cruise for what they would have paid. Does anyone know if they still do this? 

I have a cruise scheduled for next month that included free airfare.  I decided to book my own upgrade airfare with a large airline credit I needed to use.  Viking did not give me any credit for not using their “free” airfare.

1 hour ago, Vineyard View said:

In the past, if Viking was offering free airfare, and you declined that offer, they would give you a credit towards your cruise for what they would have paid. Does anyone know if they still do this? 

Just went through their "Price & Build" and declined promotional air...  No additional credit.

4 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I’ve never had them do this, so I would consider yourself lucky!

• Like 1

Logical would mean that booking directly with Viking, without a travel agent, would always give you the best price.  I'm using a travel agent for my first Viking cruise - for the OBC she offered, but haven't used one since 1989.

(I'm just slightly control oriented)

44 minutes ago, HUNKY said:

Logical would mean that booking directly with Viking, without a travel agent, would always give you the best price.  I'm using a travel agent for my first Viking cruise - for the OBC she offered, but haven't used one since 1989.

(I'm just slightly control oriented)

Welcome to Viking where logic doesn’t always work….

I suspect Viking wants to have TAs working on their behalf and therefore won’t undercut them price wise. Whatever you see on the website or via a promo is the best it will be if you book direct. This is true onboard also, except you do usually get a shipboard credit on the current cruise and occasionally get double past passenger discounts. All of that is spelled out in a flyer that will be in your stateroom along with an invitation to set up an appointment with that onboard cruise consultant. When we have met with them, they pull up the website on their big screen, so it is obvious you are getting basically the same deal that you get if you book from home.

and if you’ve booked with an agent previously they will ask if you want it transferred to them.