Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

18 minutes ago, librarylady19 said:

Indeed. Only worth taking Viking air if it’s free as there are lots of cheap airfares out there !

Depends on where/when you’re going. And actually, the free air promo on one we just booked (Bergen to Reykjavik in July) is only for  economy. Add on deviation, VA+, & upgrade fees for premium or business and you’re talking a few grand. We’ll only do the VA+ if the total is less expensive, of course. But pricing airfares now out of Seattle for decent schedules to Iceland/Scandinavia next July are very high.

FYI... link and further details to the OCT22 offer posted by @FLORIDA FLOUNDER under post #200

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/river/OCT22/20221001/

Reduced Fares
Up to FREE International Airfare

Offer ends Oct 31, 2022

Call 1-877-322-1523 for details
Ask for Offer "OCT22"

Offer OCT22:
Offer valid on bookings made from Oct 1 to Oct 31, 2022. Reduced fares and special airfare valid on Mar-Nov 2023 departures of Rhine Getaway; Romantic Danube; Danube Waltz; Paris & the Heart of Normandy; Capitals of Eastern Europe; Portugal’s River of Gold; Passage to Eastern Europe; Apr-Nov 2023 departures of Cities of Light; Mar-Dec 2023 departures of Grand European Tour; Paris to the Swiss Alps; Mar-Jul & Sep-Nov 2023 departures of Elegant Elbe; Mar-Oct 2023 departures of Holland & Belgium. For additional itineraries, call for details. Free airfare valid on Grand European Tour; Capitals of Eastern Europe. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Oct 31, 2022; pay in full by Nov 30, 2022. Offer expires Oct 31, 2022.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

Add on deviation, VA+, & upgrade fees for premium or business and you’re talking a few grand.

Off topic, but...  Free air is worth it if you're willing to slum it while getting to the ship.   LOL!  🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Selion said:

Off topic, but...  Free air is worth it if you're willing to slum it while getting to the ship.   LOL!  🤣

Nice if you can afford business class, but some of us have to fly economy - more $ for other trips that way. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

My dear.... the Mekong river cruise is $150 for VA plus.

That's an additional 300 bucks! 😮 Viking is getting ridiculous! 

Whatever happened to loyalty? A lot of us on here are very loyal repeat customers with Viking and it sure would be nice to be treated as such. Just sayin...😏

• Like 2

9 hours ago, UWDawg said:

FYI... link and further details to the OCT22 offer posted by @FLORIDA FLOUNDER under post #200

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/river/OCT22/20221001/

Reduced Fares
Up to FREE International Airfare

Offer ends Oct 31, 2022

Call 1-877-322-1523 for details
Ask for Offer "OCT22"

Offer OCT22:
Offer valid on bookings made from Oct 1 to Oct 31, 2022. Reduced fares and special airfare valid on Mar-Nov 2023 departures of Rhine Getaway; Romantic Danube; Danube Waltz; Paris & the Heart of Normandy; Capitals of Eastern Europe; Portugal’s River of Gold; Passage to Eastern Europe; Apr-Nov 2023 departures of Cities of Light; Mar-Dec 2023 departures of Grand European Tour; Paris to the Swiss Alps; Mar-Jul & Sep-Nov 2023 departures of Elegant Elbe; Mar-Oct 2023 departures of Holland & Belgium. For additional itineraries, call for details. Free airfare valid on Grand European Tour; Capitals of Eastern Europe. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Oct 31, 2022; pay in full by Nov 30, 2022. Offer expires Oct 31, 2022.

First, thank you again for posting this.

So will someone explain Viking logic to me?

I am not new to Viking, but I will admit that this is a new one,  What that is, you decide.

I looked over the cruises offered on this promotion and thought their new itinerary called "capitals of Eastern Europe" looked interesting.  And at 17 days, my TA will give me $500pp OBC (but that is another story).

When I did a "fake booking" the cruise for the standard "F" category (an aquarium room) using the promo code of Oct22 was $5,299 with free air!  A total of $10,598.

When I did the same "fake booking" for the same category without using a promotion code the cabin was $4,999 with free air.  A total of $9,998.

Is that a savings of $600 or do I have things backward? 

9 hours ago, MikeyB said:

First, thank you again for posting this.

So will someone explain Viking logic to me?

I am not new to Viking, but I will admit that this is a new one,  What that is, you decide.

I looked over the cruises offered on this promotion and thought their new itinerary called "capitals of Eastern Europe" looked interesting.  And at 17 days, my TA will give me $500pp OBC (but that is another story).

When I did a "fake booking" the cruise for the standard "F" category (an aquarium room) using the promo code of Oct22 was $5,299 with free air!  A total of $10,598.

When I did the same "fake booking" for the same category without using a promotion code the cabin was $4,999 with free air.  A total of $9,998.

😮 WOW! 

10 hours ago, MikeyB said:

We know nothing is truly free.  Another way to look at this is: Will you be able to book $300pp roundtrip tickets from North America to Europe on the dates you needed?

5 minutes ago, Selion said:

We know nothing is truly free.  Another way to look at this is: Will you be able to book $300pp roundtrip tickets from North America to Europe on the dates you needed?

Selion-

You might have missed by convoluted point.  There is no savings using the promo.  Its actually $600 more!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

Selion-

You might have missed by convoluted point.  There is no savings using the promo.  Its actually $600 more!

Ah! I see where I misread it.  I just read it's $600 less without the promo code.  Totally missed the part where you said that included air as well.

34 minutes ago, Selion said:

Ah! I see where I misread it.  I just read it's $600 less without the promo code.  Totally missed the part where you said that included air as well.

I am beginning to think that Clay works for Viking!  🙂

3 hours ago, Selion said:

Talking about free air, and now free booze...

South America sailings, book by Oct 31

Promo code: VXP23

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/expedition/VXP23/20220901

Not just South America... Promo Code VXP23 appears to apply to ALL '23 & '24 Expedition sailings!

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/expedition/VXP23/20220901

Offer VXP23:
Offer valid on bookings made from Sep 1 to Oct 31, 2022. Free roundtrip airfare and complimentary Silver Spirits Beverage Package valid on all 2023 & 2024 expedition departures. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Air prices are per person based on cruise or cruise tour check-in date and include transfers. Air seats are limited; airfares are subject to change until full payment of air is received. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. Airfares vary on other gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City. Additional restrictions may apply; call for details. Book by Oct 31, 2022. 2023: Pay in full by Nov 30, 2022. 2024: Pay in full by Mar 31, 2023. Offer expires Oct 31, 2022.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2022 at 6:41 AM, LindaS272 said:

Depends on where/when you’re going. And actually, the free air promo on one we just booked (Bergen to Reykjavik in July) is only for  economy. Add on deviation, VA+, & upgrade fees for premium or business and you’re talking a few grand. We’ll only do the VA+ if the total is less expensive, of course. But pricing airfares now out of Seattle for decent schedules to Iceland/Scandinavia next July are very high.

Hi, Linda. I live in Seattle, too,  and will take the same cruise a month later! FYI, there’s a good Roll Call for your cruise on this site, started by MomOf3. Drill down to Viking Saturn, then look for the 5 July 2023 cruise and get to know your fellow passengers. I’ll watch it next July, in case people continue to post about the cruise in progress. Visiting Svalbard is on my husband’s bucket list, so we’re excited!

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 4:24 AM, Squawkman said:

Mikey - I tried to determine the discount for the Douro cruise - it came out exactly the same with or without the code. Go figure.

Squawk-

I spoke to an agent about the Capitals of Eastern Europe river cruise that interested me.  Although I was not successful with my on-line booking, the Viking agent had no problem. (WOV22).

If you are still interested in Duoro, perhaps you will need to contact Viking to confirm.

I just got off the Douro river cruise in August.  It was not my best one by any means.  Stayed in Porto for 3 extra days and loved it.

Mickey B....why not a good River Trip?  we are scheduled next fall!  I have not seen negative reviews.  We have done budapest to Amsterdam and France's Finest and enjoyed both.

On 6/6/2022 at 7:15 PM, SM77 said:

If you have a iPad, tablet, cell phone, I like to bring a longer cable(6 ft instead of 3 ft) to plug into the USB port to recharge & use the device while in bed.   I prefer using liquid hand soap to wash my hands so I bring an empty pump bottle & fill it w/ the liquid body soap.  

On 10/2/2022 at 2:07 PM, BaileyMJ said:

Just got this promotion via email:

WINTER MEDITERRANEAN SALE

Complimentary Stateroom Upgrade

plus FREE International Airfare

Offer ends Oct 7, 2022

Call 1-877-322-1523 for details.

Ask for Offer "AMW22"

Offer valid on bookings made from Oct 2 to Oct 7, 2022. Complimentary category upgrade up to Deluxe Veranda (DV1) plus free international airfare valid on Oct 2022 & Jan 2023 departures of Ancient Mediterranean Treasures; Nov-Dec 2022 & Jan 2023 departures of Iconic Western Mediterranean; Journey to Antiquities; Dec 2022 & Feb 2023 departures of Greek Odyssey; Jan 24, 2023 departure of Cities of Antiquities & the Holy Land; Dec 27, 2022 & Jan 10, 2023 departures of Ancient Mediterranean Antiquities; Dec 20, 2022 departure of Iconic Mediterranean Treasures; Dec 20 & 29, 2022 departures of Mediterranean Antiquities. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Oct 7, 2022; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Oct 7, 2022.

FYI.. I noticed that expiration for the AMW22 offer was extended from Oct 7 to Oct 21, 2022. @BaileyMJ originally posted offer AMW22 under post #190

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/AMW22/20221002 

WINTER MEDITERRANEAN SALE
Complimentary Stateroom Upgrade
plus FREE International Airfare

Complimentary category upgrade up to Deluxe Veranda (DV1) plus free international airfare valid on Oct 2022 & Jan 2023 departures of Ancient Mediterranean Treasures; Nov-Dec 2022 & Jan 2023 departures of Iconic Western Mediterranean; Journey to Antiquities; Dec 2022 & Feb 2023 departures of Greek Odyssey; Jan 24, 2023 departure of Cities of Antiquities & the Holy Land; Dec 27, 2022 & Jan 10, 2023 departures of Ancient Mediterranean Antiquities; Dec 20, 2022 departure of Iconic Mediterranean Treasures; Dec 20 & 29, 2022 departures of Mediterranean Antiquities.

Edited by UWDawg
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, deec said:

Mickey B....why not a good River Trip?  we are scheduled next fall!  I have not seen negative reviews.  We have done budapest to Amsterdam and France's Finest and enjoyed both.

Hi Deec,

This was my 9th Viking river cruise.  I have taken the two you were on.  They were on a Viking Longboat.  On the Douro river the boats are smaller.  Our Viking boat had zero charm.  Zero.

It is smaller in size but had a large gift shop!  No dining on the Aquavit. When we rafted next to other river lines, I felt like I had the ugliest house on the block.   My biggest problem with the Douro was that there is no night time sailing on this river.  So we basically did an included tour and then had to be back on the boat almost immediately to sail to the next port.  The Douro is pretty and Porto was amazing but we never really docked by a town (except for Porto).  Tours always required a bus.  A nice comfortable bus.  And surprising, we had a great musician on board.  He played the keyboard and guitar and sang.  Never had such an individual on the prior 8 rivers.

There was some very small problems (very slow service for dinner until I complained), running out of my favorite wine on the second night but the staff was amazing (except for the maître di).  

If this was my first, I would have said it was good, but compared to the others...

Just sayin, because you asked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We did the Douro last November - it was our first post Covid cruise. This itinerary is not comparable to other Viking river cruises as Mikey points out. However, we loved it so much we are considering doing it again in 2024. Everything about Portugal and the cruise appealed to us - the excursions, the people, the simplicity. We had 85 passengers and got to talk with everyone. We booked it on the recommendation of our long time Viking agent who felt it was for us. Interestingly, wine is a big part of the culture - and neither of us drink wine.

To each their own..,.