Uk embark covid test

Jeter02

This is somewhat apples to oranges from the OP's question, but we used the Abbott BinaxNow tests in Venice recently for our "fly back home" test.  Obviously, prior to the CDC dropping the test requirement.  My point being that it was done in an international setting and had no issues at all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Fabulous! Thank you! I think I'm more excited that Europe requires 3 days out before your cruise versus here in the states with the two days. 

Hmmm... not too sure what you are looking at, but as long as you are fully vaccinated and boosted in the U.S. (and if you are going in the UK, you need to be boosted), you have 3 days in the U.S. also:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/?accordion=covid-test-prior-to-boarding

COVID-19 Testing Requirements

UPDATED: Will I need to have a pre-travel viral COVID-19 test performed prior to boarding the ship?

Yes, in accordance with CDC directives, ALL guests ages two and above will be required to produce a negative viral COVID-19 test result (PCR or antigen) taken before embarkation. Testing requirements for voyages departing from the U.S. are as follows:

Vaccination Status

CDC Definition

Pre-Travel Test-Type

When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 2 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 3 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Not Vaccinated

Not fully vaccinated

PCR

Within 3 days

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Hmmm... not too sure what you are looking at, but as long as you are fully vaccinated and boosted in the U.S. (and if you are going in the UK, you need to be boosted), you have 3 days in the U.S. also:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/?accordion=covid-test-prior-to-boarding

COVID-19 Testing Requirements

UPDATED: Will I need to have a pre-travel viral COVID-19 test performed prior to boarding the ship?

Yes, in accordance with CDC directives, ALL guests ages two and above will be required to produce a negative viral COVID-19 test result (PCR or antigen) taken before embarkation. Testing requirements for voyages departing from the U.S. are as follows:

Vaccination Status

CDC Definition

Pre-Travel Test-Type

When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 2 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 3 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Not Vaccinated

Not fully vaccinated

PCR

Within 3 days

Actually no. In the US, the requirement is within 2 days of sailing for Caribbean, Alaska, New England Canada cruises.

You can find that information on the princess website under the health protocols but you have to make sure you click on US and Canada sailings

Edited by Jeter02

25 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Actually no. In the US, the requirement is within 2 days of sailing for Caribbean, Alaska, New England Canada cruises.

You can find that information on the princess website under the health protocols but you have to make sure you click on US and Canada sailings

Yup. That is exactly what I posted above which is

Sailings from the U.S. and Canada:

Up to Date

Antigen

Within 3 days

• Like 1

There was a thread regarding pre cruise Covid testing for UK passengers on European fly cruises, but I can't now find it.

Someone was asking about tests performed at Lloyds Pharmacy.

We had ours this morning for our Regal cruise on Saturday. Both negative and the clinician was very professional and courteous. I would definitely recommend Lloyds Pharmacy. The paper certificate was ready within 15 minutes. They can be emailed but there have been issues where the emails didn't arrive, so paper certificates are safer.

• Like 3

Yep saw Don's video yesterday but that doesn't start till August 1st if we're lucky. Plus I don't mind taking the test I actually kind of prefer the people take the pre-covid test for that added little blanket security doing at least when people got on for the most part they were negative. 

Edited by Jeter02

On 7/7/2022 at 2:06 PM, Alcairns said:

I have yet to see any announcement from the EU verifying this bloggers statement. 

Do some research then ?

Plenty of other bloggers have said so ?

Edited by fishnchips

2 hours ago, fishnchips said:

Do some research then ?

Plenty of other bloggers have said so ?

I wouldn’t have posted if I had not done the research. I do not always believe what I read on the internet! The have been no announcements from the European Union re pre cruise testing. The only announcements re pre cruise testing are from those cruise lines that have stopped pre cruise testing on select cruises.