Are Tier benefits back?

andychris

I was wondering if anyone who has been on an NCL ship have received platinum benefits? We were on the getaway in February and the behind the ship tour and wine tasting was not happening due to Covid. 
Does anyone know if this is back or still suspended?
thank you!

NCL is doing the Latitudes parties and Dinner with the Officers.  They are not yet back to behind the scenes tours or Wines Around the World.  You will be given either $25 or $50 OBC (depending on your latitudes level) in lieu of those benefits.  In addition the specialty dining meals are now able to be used in a variety of restaurants, not just the ones listed on the coupons.  You will receive a letter in your cabin about this when you first board.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

You will be given either $25 or $50 OBC (depending on your latitudes level) in lieu of those benefits.

Based upon personal experience, this is very hit and miss.  In our case, it was a miss.  That said, I really had no interest in the tour or tasting, but always enjoy free cash (or cash equivalent).

• Haha 1

Some really good news here as we really enjoy the Dining with Officers.   The Latitude "parties" are good for getting free wine for dinner when you don't have a beverage perk!!   Backstage can be good or bad but we do like to do it.    Am looking forward to "Wines Around the World"; do you get nibbles too?

The free meal change is interesting.  Did it include Teppanyaki?

We are Diamond; will we get all the earlier pins too?

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Based upon personal experience, this is very hit and miss.  In our case, it was a miss.  That said, I really had no interest in the tour or tasting, but always enjoy free cash (or cash equivalent).

It’s been 100% for me.  

17 minutes ago, casofilia said:

Some really good news here as we really enjoy the Dining with Officers.   The Latitude "parties" are good for getting free wine for dinner when you don't have a beverage perk!!   Backstage can be good or bad but we do like to do it.    Am looking forward to "Wines Around the World"; do you get nibbles too?

The free meal change is interesting.  Did it include Teppanyaki?

We were able to use this for Teppanyaki in May.

Yes, they will give you all the tier pins.

8 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@The Shrike

Wine Tasting for Platinum and above.

For day, time and location, please come to the CruiseNext desk in the Atrium by 9:00 pm on embarkation day or by 9:00 pm on the second day of the cruise for Pride of America.

I've seen that on the rewards list, but has anyone been able to do it?  Our last cruise on NCL was Jan 2019 (so many cancelled since then!!!) and that wasn't a benefit then.  We're on the Star in two weeks; I'm hoping it's available.  Free wine is always a good thing.  😜 

12 hours ago, andychris said:

Thanks

hope it comes back soon

in February we also got pins. No OBC

The last part of April, on the Dawn, they were not offering the Wines Around the World, Sail & Sustain Mixology Experience, or Behind the Scenes Tour.

They held the Captains Cocktail Party but he was not there.  Many of the Officers greeted us as we walked in, but at the time they were keeping the Captain out of the public, kind of in a bubble, to protect him from Covid IMO.  I don't remember whether they offered Dining with Officers or not, since we weren't going to sign up this time.

You DID have to go to the Shore Excursion Desk, I believe on the first or second day, to ask to sign up for the things they were not offering, in order to get your $50 OBC, and we did.

Received our Diamond Pins in our room.

12 hours ago, casofilia said:

Mike,

we were able to get our pins on cruise in May.

Went to CruiseNext desk and asked for current pin and if we could possibly  have the past pins also. No problem. 
( more pins to add to collection of  our ship pins 😁)

She also proactively noted that she would put $50 OBC into our account for perks not currently offered. ( behind scenes tour etc)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, casofilia said:

Some have reported receiving all the pins from Bronze on up.  When we were on the Getaway this May they said that they only had been allocated enough pins to give us our Diamond pins, not all the rest.  It didn't matter to me, but my wife likes to collect such things and was disappointed not to get them all.

12 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Has anybody heard about the 'Sail & Sustain Mixology Experience' for Diamond and Ambassador tiers?     Sounds fun to us!   

On our cruise this May on the Getaway they did not offer the wine tasting, spirits tasting, or behind the scenes tour as Latitudes benefits.  They did offer the wine tasting for a fee to anyone who wanted it, but did not offer it as a freebie for Latitudes members.  They also offered no compensation at all for the skipped benefits.  We did get dinner with an officer, though.  Actually there were six of us with two rather junior officers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phissy said:

Mike,

we were able to get our pins on cruise in May.

Went to CruiseNext desk and asked for current pin and if we could possibly  have the past pins also. No problem. 
( more pins to add to collection of  our ship pins 😁)

She also proactively noted that she would put $50 OBC into our account for perks not currently offered. ( behind scenes tour etc)

You were lucky.  On our May cruise on the Getaway we received zero compensation for the missed Latitudes benefits.

Hello!  I have different cruise memorabilia that I would like to give to people who want it:

2 Norwegian Latitudes pins - Pride of Aloha

2 Norwegian Latitudes pins - Norwegian Dream

1 Princess Cruises luggage strap with name tag

Carnival cruise medals

Carnival trophies and pins

Princess passport holder

Royal Caribbean key chain

And more.  If you are willing to reimburse for shipping, I will send to you.  I know that I could sell but more work.  That said, if anyone wants to buy the lot at a reasonable price, let me know.  Cheers!

4 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

Just wondering;  I qualify for "dinner with the officers" now and will be sailing with my 2 adult sons soon.  Do they get included in the invitation?

Thanks,

Genzi

The invitation typically is for all the occupants of the stateroom.  If you are traveling with other family members who are booked in a different room, be sure to mention it to the Cruise Next Manager when you register for dinner with an officer on the day of embarkation.  They should be able to accommodate you.

17 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

The invitation typically is for all the occupants of the stateroom.  If you are traveling with other family members who are booked in a different room, be sure to mention it to the Cruise Next Manager when you register for dinner with an officer on the day of embarkation.  They should be able to accommodate you.

Thank you, they are traveling in the stateroom, I will check on board. :)

Genzi

7 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

Thank you, they are traveling in the stateroom, I will check on board. 🙂

Genzi

You shouldn't have any trouble including them.  Just mention the number in your party when you register with the Cruise Next Manager.  It also shouldn't matter that one of your sons is Silver and the other is Platinum.  They both should be able to join you as your guests.

Just got off the Dawn, 2 July...Latitudes Party, minus Captain.  No dinner with officers, no behind the scenes tour, no wine tasting.  This was explained in a cabin letter from Cruise Next rep, who invited us to see him at his office, for 'a special gift'...my Sapphire pin, and my wife's Platinum one, plus $50 OBC for missed activities.