Bonsai Teppanyaki

lsw0224

Is Bonsai Teppanyaki ok for kids? I'll be on the Mardi Gras later this year and want to do Bonsai Teppanyaki for lunch during a port day. If the kids club is closed I'll have my 6 and 11 yr old children.  

We went on Horizon in February. The chef was funnier than anyone in the comedy club. I think the kids would love it! But I agree it does take a long time. And they serve a lot of food, probably way too much for a 6 year old.

I agree with the above posters but strongly recommend that if you want to go you book in advance through the planner.  There are no lunch reservations available for our cruise and we are almost 200 days out.  Booking now will require payment using either a credit card or cruise credits just FYI

If you have been to a great teppanyaki you will not be happy with Carnival's version. The food was very bland, sauces provided had very little flavor as well and the dessert tray was just funky.  We had pizza after....lol 

I know taste is subjective but I will never spend on that again.

Carnival Panorama Dining And Bar Menus | CruiseTipsTV

My mom and I had BT on MG and it was AOK! (See what I did there😄) I thought it was as good as any Benihana style restaurant I've been to and the chef was funny and sang songs.  We all sang Carpenter songs with him!  Fun experience!  I agree, too much food for me so a 6 year old might only finish a little bit but if cost isn't a factor, do it! Also, go to Big Chicken and Emeril's.  Yummy food!! Have fun on MG!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

If you have been to a great teppanyaki you will not be happy with Carnival's version. The food was very bland, sauces provided had very little flavor as well and the dessert tray was just funky.  We had pizza after....lol 

I know taste is subjective but I will never spend on that again.

Carnival Panorama Dining And Bar Menus | CruiseTipsTV

Interesting.  Our experience is complete opposite.  We’ve had amazing meals, much better than any land based teppanyaki. 

• Like 1