VIBE - Going to Pre-Cruise Booking (No More Running)

I called the pre cruise service desk for Platinum and above and was able to purchase over the phone for November 6th sailing . Thank you cruise critic 🙂 !!!!

Edited by 2boyzmom
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, 2boyzmom said:

I called the latitudes line for Platinum and above and they said it will be available starting July 10th and to call back.

It's definitely already started.  I called 800-327-7030 to book the 5 day, but then called my PCC to book my other one.

Edited by quillwercruisers
added info
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2boyzmom said:

I called the latitudes line for Platinum and above and they said it will be available starting July 10th and to call back.

Perhaps they meant you can purchase for cruises sailing after July 10th? Our cruise leaves July 17th and I was able to call last week and purchase Vibe passes. You may want to try calling again to get a different agent.

• Like 1

We're sailing the Bliss 15 day Panama Canal cruise on Feb 25/23 (234 days out). I called the 800-327-7030 and was able to book 2 Vibe passes!  Thank you all for the information!!

• Like 6

Got mine for the 23rd of this month on the Getaway.  Called in and they added it and had to go online and pay for it.   Now any clue how we get the passes once on board?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, makdex said:

Got mine for the 23rd of this month on the Getaway.  Called in and they added it and had to go online and pay for it.   Now any clue how we get the passes once on board?

It will either be on cards already or (God forbid) we have to go the dreaded Guest Services new card route.  I mean, dining and beverage packages are already on the card; hopefully Vibe will be stamped on it too and wristbands can be distributed at the actual Vibe bar.  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Jim The Lizard said:

It will either be on cards already or (God forbid) we have to go the dreaded Guest Services new card route.  I mean, dining and beverage packages are already on the card; hopefully Vibe will be stamped on it too and wristbands can be distributed at the actual Vibe bar.  

I'm kind of hoping we won't need wristbands anymore if it's printed on the card.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, quillwercruisers said:

It's definitely already started.  I called 800-327-7030 to book the 5 day, but then called my PCC to book my other one.

yes i called back and was able to book!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Perhaps they meant you can purchase for cruises sailing after July 10th? Our cruise leaves July 17th and I was able to call last week and purchase Vibe passes. You may want to try calling again to get a different agent.

yes i called back and was able to book! July 10th was 120 days out from my cruise so maybe that was her intention. Either way I'm in and happy 🙂

Edited by 2boyzmom
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, AndyCapn said:

I'm kind of hoping we won't need wristbands anymore if it's printed on the card.

I haven’t used wristbands the last 5 times in Vibe.  Those bartenders know who’s supposed to be in there and who’s not.  A few years ago on Bliss some guests who brought unpaid friends ” into Vibe had to be reprimanded by the GM and security after not listening to the bar staff.  Great people watching that day!  

• Haha 3

Any recommendations on the cabana rental over the vibe pass?  We’re sailing on the Prima soon and for our sailing the vibe passes are higher priced than listed above but the cabana prices are a little less than the list posted here. The cabana price is $70 more than the vibe pass on the sept 13th (10) night sailing. I know we have no way of knowing what a cabana entails on the prima but I assume they will be similar to the free cabanas they have in most Haven outside areas. So vibe cabana typically gets you your own dedicated lounge in an area with plenty of lounge space? 

11 minutes ago, littlelulu01 said:

Any recommendations on the cabana rental over the vibe pass?  We’re sailing on the Prima soon and for our sailing the vibe passes are higher priced than listed above but the cabana prices are a little less than the list posted here. The cabana price is $70 more than the vibe pass on the sept 13th (10) night sailing. I know we have no way of knowing what a cabana entails on the prima but I assume they will be similar to the free cabanas they have in most Haven outside areas. So vibe cabana typically gets you your own dedicated lounge in an area with plenty of lounge space? 

You usually get a day bed with two side tables, some form of wall separating you from each cabana.  $100 OBC for a seven night cruise.  Not sure about your 10 day.  Pros are a little privacy and the option to still use a lounge chair if you like.  Cons are the cabanas get HOT!  Wind is blocked but you can roast in there!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jim The Lizard said:

I haven’t used wristbands the last 5 times in Vibe.  Those bartenders know who’s supposed to be in there and who’s not.  A few years ago on Bliss some guests who brought unpaid friends ” into Vibe had to be reprimanded by the GM and security after not listening to the bar staff.  Great people watching that day!  

We also stopped wearing the wrist band.  The bartenders are also given a printout with pictures of all the Vibe passengers.  They know right away who belongs and who does not.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Thanks for helping me understand why those in the Haven would want the Vibe.

We decided for the first time to give it a try in Nov 2023 on a Panama Canal cruise (yes, they are booking out that far through our TA) since there are several ports we are not going to get off the ship and to pre-book the Vibe even though we are in the Haven.  Reasons:

1.  No worrying about place to sun.  On our Feb 2022 Joy cruise the Haven sundeck was very crowded and loungers were not readily available in desirable places.  Lots of loungers “saved” with no one around using them.

2.  No kids in hot tubs - we love our grandkids but when on vacay, we need/want quiet kid-free time

3.  We like knowing we have a reserved cabana for our use.  On the Joy Haven in Feb there were saved Cabanas with no one there for several hours and we are happy to pay in advance for the privilege of knowing we have our own cabana whenever we want to use it.

4.  The private bar appeals to us and wondering if we will get better, faster service than on the Haven sundeck - I know it’s a first-world problem.  🙄🤷🏼‍♀️

Now this may be a one and done, been there done that for us but we decided we will use the cabana more than we would use an upgrade in our beverage package and we’re interested in seeing if all the Vibe hype is worth it or not.  If we don’t care for it, the next cruise we may try the premium upgraded beverage package just to say we tried it, too.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, mertziek said:

We decided for the first time to give it a try in Nov 2023 on a Panama Canal cruise (yes, they are booking out that far through our TA) since there are several ports we are not going to get off the ship and to pre-book the Vibe even though we are in the Haven.  Reasons:

1.  No worrying about place to sun.  On our Feb 2022 Joy cruise the Haven sundeck was very crowded and loungers were not readily available in desirable places.  Lots of loungers “saved” with no one around using them.

2.  No kids in hot tubs - we love our grandkids but when on vacay, we need/want quiet kid-free time

3.  We like knowing we have a reserved cabana for our use.  On the Joy Haven in Feb there were saved Cabanas with no one there for several hours and we are happy to pay in advance for the privilege of knowing we have our own cabana whenever we want to use it.

4.  The private bar appeals to us and wondering if we will get better, faster service than on the Haven sundeck - I know it’s a first-world problem.  🙄🤷🏼‍♀️

Now this may be a one and done, been there done that for us but we decided we will use the cabana more than we would use an upgrade in our beverage package and we’re interested in seeing if all the Vibe hype is worth it or not.  If we don’t care for it, the next cruise we may try the premium upgraded beverage package just to say we tried it, too.

Good for you!   And I think your service will be better since there are always at least two bartenders assigned to the Vibe deck.  Enjoy your trip!  

• Like 2

Wow, lots of posts of success stories in getting the VIBE bookings reserved in advance.  👍

When, not if, we cruise again (there are other issues) when we don't book the Haven, we'll certainly book (or try to) the VIBE.  For us, it has almost always worked out as a real plus.

Re: Haven also getting the VIBE, there are some good comments on why or why not.  Our experiences have indicated that with a "windy" cruise the Haven sundeck has been closed way too much.  We were allowed to "use the VIBE" on one cruise as a consideration.  We had offered to pay-per-day but didn't have to.  The VIBE was also windy, but a lot less.  It was also not even half full on those occasions.

For us, combing the VIBE with the Mandara Spa (best at sea for large ships) for the week, is awesome.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 9:14 AM, mertziek said:

I haven't been able to find any pictures or descriptions of the Joy Vibe cabanas. Can you provide any details about how large they are, where they're located in Vibe, or anything else I should know?  Does the price still include a $100 food and beverage credit?

Thanks in advance.

I am another success story in getting the Vibe pass pre-cruise; going on the Bliss, PC, Feb 2023.

My thanks for this information!

Isn't CC great for things like this?

Stay safe all!  

Edited by Cruisercl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyCapn said:

I haven't been able to find any pictures or descriptions of the Joy Vibe cabanas. Can you provide any details about how large they are, where they're located in Vibe, or anything else I should know?  Does the price still include a $100 food and beverage credit?

Thanks in advance.

I am on the Joy July 2023 and someone on here or FB told me there werent cabanas in the Joy Vibe. 

I did book two Vibe passes for Joy July 2023 and forgot to ask about the cabanas. I cant even find on youtube a walkthrough of Joy Vibe. I really wanted to show my husband. We are Platinum on NCL but have only cruised in Haven. 
July 2023, we are doing Haven Lite and in a standard balcony on Deck 8 that is slanted. 

If you find out about the cabanas can you post and let me know and if anyone sees any youtube for Jiy Vibe (there are tons of other Vibes on NCL ships), I would LOVE to have the link to show my dh. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, js said:

If you find out about the cabanas can you post and let me know and if anyone sees any youtube for Jiy Vibe (there are tons of other Vibes on NCL ships), I would LOVE to have the link to show my dh. 

@Sthrngary might have some pics or knowledge on this.  He's written a couple recent reviews (You can try to find them) on the Joy and I believe had Vibe access on at least one of the cruises.

38 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Another success.....  booked two for our 12 sailing on the Getaway in January. The women I spoke with said I was her 8th call today getting Vibe passes for that cruise

I believe it.  As word continues to get out, it will be wildly popular.   The fun part will be the folks who are trying it for the first time:.reactions from passengers who have not experienced Vibe will be fun to see.  We will see some sellouts for sure!!!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hallux said:

@Sthrngary might have some pics or knowledge on this.  He's written a couple recent reviews (You can try to find them) on the Joy and I believe had Vibe access on at least one of the cruises.

I was in the Vibe Beach Club on the Joy in March 2022.  Unlike other ships, you can not purchase a Cabana.  You can get a week pass for $209.00 per person.  The Joy has a huge VIBE.  Huge Hot tub on both sides of the ship.  Twice as much Vibe then on the Breakaway for example.  The staff was over the top.  When I entered, they would ask where I wanted to sit, they got me an umbrella and frozen fruit and a water with ice.  Any time you needed a drink, they were their for you.  It was awesome.  I hope that helps you. 

FYI, I just booked the Vibe for the Breakaway trip for December 4, 2022.  They are now completely sold out.  Crazy.  As soon as they changed the game to book it early, they Vibe was completely sold out in days.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 1