REGAL Princess - Non-Covid - Update

voljeep

Pleasantly surprised to find a check in the mail today from 'my' insurance company (medicare, medicare advantage plan, AARP United Healthcare) for reimbursement of medical expenses incurred in the Medical Center on the Regal. I passed out on the ship deck while docked at the port in Grand Turk, 

the medical staff (EXCELLENT) attended, transported to medical center, testing, etc. to the tune of $1,205 + 28 for the itemized billing for services rendered.

We had to pay the full $1,205+28 charged to our on board folio upon exiting the ship, and settling our account paid in full

I filed a claim with the insurance company on May 13th and got the full $1,205 (no copay, no deductible), but not the $28, under a 'worldwide urgent care clause' in the policy.  I will now update my claim with AON (Platinum) to try to recoup the deductibles and co-pays for treatment I sought after returning home (ER, primary, etc.) - will see how that goes.

A couple of posters asked me to update concerning having medicare and covering the expenses out of the USA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

AON update - just updated/uploaded additional information.  looks like we are only out the $28 medical record fee, a $90 co-pay to the ER and a $35 co-pay to my cardiologist for follow ups.

21 days and then AON will notify me if they need more info.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 7/6/2022 at 12:57 PM, voljeep said:

AON update - just updated/uploaded additional information.  looks like we are only out the $28 medical record fee, a $90 co-pay to the ER and a $35 co-pay to my cardiologist for follow ups.

I wish you luck on the AON claim. I am at 4 months now and just received another email that "we are working hard to process your claim and please be patient as we need more time' !   Sounds like you are doing good thus far!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I wish you luck on the AON claim. I am at 4 months now and just received another email that "we are working hard to process your claim and please be patient as we need more time' !   Sounds like you are doing good thus far!

yeah, I also got that email a couple of weeks ago, but was thinking maybe they were waiting on my primary insurance before processing.  I'm pretty happy now at least ...

• Haha 1

On 7/8/2022 at 7:54 PM, dickinson said:

@voljeep Aon reimbursed me the $28 for the full medical record.  Why do you think they won't?

sorry, if it came across that way.  those were just the only costs I'm still out of pocket, and submitted to AON.  Good to know you got the $28 back, hoping I will also ...

On 7/6/2022 at 11:57 AM, voljeep said:

Aon paid my claim pretty quick - probably within 7 days had approved my claim. Then it took another week to get a check.

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Thanks for that info. I never would have expected your primary to pay anything. Glad they did, 'cuz that's our primary insurance as well.

I filed, and was expecting to get the reject letter only because of what others had posted here on CC.

Shame on me.  I called one day to UHC and got a very knowledgeable rep ( or at least a good reader of the policy ) and found that 'worldwide' urgent care clause in my policy. Winner, Winner

• Like 1