Unvaccinated kids getting tested at check-in

Hi! We never received an email from RCCL to set up an appt to get unvaccinated kids tested on check-in day. I tried contacting them and they said another department "should" be sending it out. Does anyone know if we don't have an appointment, can they still get this required test at the port. This is so stressful...

6 minutes ago, Linda&John said:

Hi! We never received an email from RCCL to set up an appt to get unvaccinated kids tested on check-in day. I tried contacting them and they said another department "should" be sending it out. Does anyone know if we don't have an appointment, can they still get this required test at the port. This is so stressful...

when do you sail??

Yes...you should have no problem telling the staff at your port terminal and they will direct you to the correct line for testing.

In addition have you arranged to have the required NAAT or PCR test done near your home 3 days prior to your sail date? You will need this negative test result also.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Not sure where you are sailing to, but if you were sailing out of Seattle, your child would arrive with a negative Covid test, then have a free-of-charge PCR test once at the pier (so two test within about 48 hours).

For Seattle, do you know where they test at the pier? Does it take a lot of time? 

For context, when we did this in LA for Navigator, it took an hour to get results back and it was done in a building next door. I'm hoping that if it takes an hour to process, we can get there an hour ahead of our boarding time and get it done.

The free test for unvaccinated children happens on the 2nd floor by the check-in counter.  Parents and older siblings are check-in by the regular agents either with hand-held tablets, or at the counter.  The unvaccinated child will be check-in by an agent at the testing site after the negative test result is achieved.  Not sure about the timing between testing and receiving the results.   If you are on the Ovation or Quantum, there have been 300-400 kids on recent sailings, although most of those kids are old enough to have been vaccinated.  For unvaccinated kids it may take awhile depending how many kids need to be tested ahead of you.

Just remember that everyone over the age of 2 yrs, must arrive at the pier with a negative Covid test result in hand.

We never got an e-mail with an assigned time. It was part of the check in time assigned.  When we got there, we were guided to an line to register for the test. 
Took some time to register my granddaughter and once done the processed took no more than 20 minutes.   Took some 15 minutes for my DIL to get the test result on her phone. 
Then we were allowed to board. 
the entire length was approximately 1.15 hours from the arrival and to ship. 

This was out of Bayonne on Easter time on the Anthem.  Capacity was at 80% and some 1,200 children. 

Just got my email today and boarding in two weeks. Maybe this will help. The only problem I read is that if you are not registered there will be a delay. Other than that you will get on the ship at long as the child is negative.

Screenshot 2022-07-10 130256.png

On 7/9/2022 at 12:45 AM, Ferry_Watcher said:

Not sure where you are sailing to, but if you were sailing out of Seattle, your child would arrive with a negative Covid test, then have a free-of-charge PCR test once at the pier (so two test within about 48 hours).

Hi.

i was hoping you might be able to help me.

we are staying @ hyatt  olive 8 and are struggling to get any information as to where we can 

pre-book a P.C.R test near to our Hotel for our Grandaughter who requires it to board the Ovation 

on the 29/07/2022 we fly in 26/07/2022

any help or advice would be much appreciated.

IAN