Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

12 hours ago, Jean C said:

Yes, travel insurance will cover the costs, less the excess of course and any credit given by Princess. 

My main gripe is that we don't know Brisbane and to be told bluntly by staff at the cruise terminal that "the cruise is cancelled" (their precise words) and we need to arrange our own accommodation, having no idea what is where, is simply unhelpful.  They could at the very least have offered a dedicated rep to assist stranded passengers with suitable hotel bookings.

It felt as though Princess just washed their hands of us.  As it turns out, the cruise embarkation is postponed and the cruise is not, at this stage, cancelled, so their staff at the terminal couldn't even give out accurate information.

One of the ladies very kindly suggested and tried phoning the Novotel for us and then this Ibis - she did it as a favour to us, not part of Princess' service to its customers, and for that I am grateful.  In all the circumstances though I can't help but feel let down by Princess even though this was an unfortunate event..

Maybe it would have cost a dollar or two for Princess to take complete care and responsibility for their strandsed passengers. I understand that they have had a difficult couple of years but this cost would have been small change in the scheme of things and a fraction of the bonus payments their head honchos would enjoy.

We have choices in life and this experience will definitely influence my future holiday choices.

I recall when the HAL World Cruise stopped in Freemantle due to Covid, passengers who booked Air through HAL had all bookings home taken care of.  Passengers who had booked their own flights were on their own! 

Princess had enough time to get qualified staff in to help passengers with their unexpected change of accommodation plans in a city unfamiliar to them. 

When a flight from Madrid to Singapore was delayed, Singapore Airlines gave all passengers a boxed biro as an apology.  When we arrived in Singapore we were met with desks full of staff ready to allocate passengers to hotel accommodation overnight.  That is a level of service I won't forget!

I m sorry you feel disappointed and let down by the lack of friendly service by Princess.  

• Like 1

Here is a piece on a news site that indicates the ship won't dock before mid-afternoon today:

Maritime Safety Queensland (MSQ) general manager Kell Dillon said yesterday afternoon pilotage was suspended due to wave and wind conditions.

"Providing it is safe to conduct pilotage [on Saturday] morning, it is hoped the Coral Princess can be alongside mid-afternoon on 23 July," he said.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Why would the ship be heading north?  Is pilot on board?

They would not have a pilot on board at this time. Yesterday there were 20 ships off the Sunshine Coast waiting for the port to open. We don't know if conditions allow pilots to board ships at the moment.

14 hours ago, arxcards said:

I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

We have friends that have booked to stay there pre-cruise next month, done intentionally because it is the closest to the airport and cruise terminal. We would rather spend a bit of extra taxi money to stay in the old cruise terminal complex, with heaps of food, drink, stuff to do options. I guess you weren't needing to plan a spot to stay, so that is pretty unfortunate.

We're pretty disappointed with the place, the staff are friendly, the bed clean and comfortable, but the place is drab, very shabby and generally not the cleanest. I wouldn't mind if the place was just old and dated but at least clean. It resembles and gives very much the impression of a backpacker's hostel.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Coral has begun turning. Fingers crossed she will be heading towards BICT. 🤞

I hope so too. I have been watching her turn. She might just be heading back closer to the pilot station to be ready when conditions allow a pilot to board.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jean C said:

We're pretty disappointed with the place, the staff are friendly, the bed clean and comfortable, but the place is drab, very shabby and generally not the cleanest. I wouldn't mind if the place was just old and dated but at least clean. It resembles and gives very much the impression of a backpacker's hostel.

Hoping with you and all the rest waiting for info that you can board and enjoy even the shorter cruise 🙏🏻💕

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

Hoping with you and all the rest waiting for info that you can board and enjoy even the shorter cruise 🙏🏻💕

Thank you Irene! I'm glad I'm BtoB with the next one but still disappointing for all of us on this cruise! It's been such a long time and with so many cancelled cruises I have been so looking forward to this cruise! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, arxcards said:

I saw this video yesterday, via a friend onboard. One of those lovely clips where the pool tries to empty all over the lido deck. Note, this was filmed yesterday morning in much calmer conditions.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-22/coral-princess-struggles-to-dock-as-it-battles/13984928

Even the skills of the ABC, I don't know where this Brisbane Harbour is.

wow…the Coral has a FlowRider….   Look forward to that in 4 weeks time…

hopeful that these wet weather systems will be gone by then….

• Haha 2

Information from someone on board - The captain has announced that the port is still closed and that passengers who can't book flights for this evening will be able to stay on board until tomorrow morning.

With that info, they obviously expect to be in port until tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, queenslander said:

Thank you Irene! I'm glad I'm BtoB with the next one but still disappointing for all of us on this cruise! It's been such a long time and with so many cancelled cruises I have been so looking forward to this cruise! 

As soon as you get on board you can breathe a huge sigh of relief 🥰🥰🥰

CORAL PRINCESS 6211P
EMBARKATION UPDATE
The Port of Brisbane remains closed due to high swells at the pilot station and we still do not know when Coral Princess will be alongside in Brisbane
We anticipate that by the time we receive clearance to come alongside and complete our disembarkation process it will be too late for guests to comfortably embark today
As a result, we will be moving your embarkation to Sunday, 24 July
We will provide additional information regarding your embarkation times, cruise itinerary, and compensation later today once our schedule is confirmed. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we manage our delayed arrival. You can also call 1300367989 for the most up-to-date information
  • Like 1

Thanks for the updates, everyone. I’m following with interest. Hopefully the ship can dock safely today and the next lot of passengers can board albeit a day and a half late. 

It can’t be fun for anyone.
Not fun for the incoming the passengers upset at not being able to board yesterday. 
Not fun for the staff at the terminal. 
Not fun for the passengers still on the ship.

Not fun for the crew (just imagine having to return everyone’s luggage!)

Not fun for Princess. 

It’s a timely reminder to me that thinks can and will go wrong especially when travelling. It’s now only 33 days until DW and I set off on our "Mad Itinerary". I need to remember to roll with the punches. The most important thing for me to take on holiday (and everywhere in life really) is my PMA. 

• Like 7

Just now, Sparky74 said:

Thanks for the updates, everyone. I’m following with interest. Hopefully the ship can dock safely today and the next lot of passengers can board albeit a day and a half late. 

Not fun for the incoming the passengers upset at not being able to board yesterday. 

Not fun for Princess. 

It’s a timely reminder to me that thinks can and will go wrong especially when travelling. It’s now only 33 days until DW and I set off on our "Mad Itinerary". I need to remember to roll with the punches. The most important thing for me to take on holiday (and everywhere in life really) is my PMA. 

Totally agree, feel for everyone affected. Wow on 33 days! Better get packing 🥰

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

It sounds like you mightn’t get to board until tomorrow! 😱☹️

Maybe you need to go exploring and sus out suitable accommodation for tonight? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparky74 said:

Not fun for Princess. 

I suspect they didn't collect the luggage on the original schedule. It would be a nightmare to return luggage as the cases no longer have the cabin number of them, just an embarkation group number.

Embarkation has now been moved to Sunday morning. ☹️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Mark, how is your Auntie? Has she fully recovered from COVID?

• Like 1