Deluxe Drink Package?

We just booked Freedom OTS in October of this year and I checked the Deluxe Drink Package price and it is on sale for  $83.99 PP per day.  We haven't cruised in  quite some time but is this a deal??  We always get this drink package and it's worked out for us in the past.  We are sailing without the kids on this 4 night cruise but unless the mixed drink/frozen drinks have gone way up I don't think this will work for us.  Anyone have any opinions?  Thanks.

Most rates I've seen have been high 60's/low 70's.  Watching a few of these discussions it does seem like the prices lean on the higher side for shorter cruises and perhaps also for more sea day/perfect day intensive cruises.

The onboard prices for the Florida 3 and 4 nights have been high.  $105 on Mariner for example.  It was $98 on Allure last month and that was 8 nights.  So if your online price with the usual 20% discount is $83.99 then your onboard price is also $105.

Edited by Anton

Thanks for the replies.  I'm not surprised at the higher prices with how the economy is going, but I wanted to know what others have been paying.  Can anyone tell the me an approximate cost for a mixed drink, martini or frozen strawberry daiquiri?

Will be on Freedom in November.  $105 is the current on board price.  So you are seeing the standard 20% off deal.  We will likely see 25% off multiple times between now and sailing and if we're lucky we'll see 30% off. The majority of cocktails will be in the $10-$13 range.

Royal Caribbean will continue to charge these inflated prices for the DBP as long as people keep buying them. It's really a win-win situation for RCCL. Either pay through the nose before the cruise, or pay even more later when you're onboard.

Edited by footzz

1 hour ago, footzz said:

Royal Caribbean will continue to charge these inflated prices for the DBP as long as people keep buying them. It's really a win-win situation for RCCL. Either pay through the nose before the cruise, or pay even more later when you're onboard.

Royal is losing money on us each cruise. We figure around $150 per day is our break even point 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

I doubt it cost them 20 dollars for all the drinks you consume. Markup is around 700 percent.

If you say so 🙄

My point is we come our way ahead even at the current deluxe drink prices compared if we purchases them individually.

If you do the math it’s not hard to come out ahead especially after you add in water, soda, coffee, etc with the alcohol.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, huntr104 said:

Thanks for the replies.  I'm not surprised at the higher prices with how the economy is going, but I wanted to know what others have been paying.  Can anyone tell the me an approximate cost for a mixed drink, martini or frozen strawberry daiquiri?

A mixed drink (e.g. gin and tonic, martini) is $9-$12 depending on brand.  Cocktails and  (e.g. Long Island tea, daiquiri) is $13. 

• Thanks 1

The lowest we've seen for our October Harmony cruise is $73/day during the July4 "sale". The current discounted price is $78, though the non-discounted is 98, w/o gratuity added in. We've decided low 60's is our trigger point. I doubt it will go that low. Last cruise in 2019 we got it for under 50...

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 7:05 PM, huntr104 said:

It has no relation to economy - it was doing this for a while. It has more to do with what people will pay.   🙂  Apparently they will pay quite a lot more than I am willing to spend. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kdnurs said:

🥴what happened to 13-14 dollars .... did I miss something? ....crazy!!!

I mean, that is a $13 drink with the 18% gratuity.  The price is still $13.  Also, what is crazy?  There are a lot of cities where $15 is cheap for a drink.

Just now, baelor said:

I mean, that is a $13 drink with the 18% gratuity.  The price is still $13.  Also, what is crazy?  There are a lot of cities where $15 is cheap for a drink.

yep! Just went to Vegas and drinks were over $20. Same for Miami and most tourist destinations.

Here in Rhode Island if you go to a nice restaurant and order a Martini or mixed drink you're looking at $13-$15 before tip.  I also did a little math and figuring what a typical day might look like between alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks with the Deluxe Beverage Package and I think I'd break about even at the sale price right now.