CocoCay

Good afternoon all, I haven’t sailed RC in a long time as I have been sailing on Princess for years so I am unfamiliar with cococay. Do any of you have any tips for the day while at cococay (things to do or avoid)? Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

6 minutes ago, DrewCC2225 said:

Good afternoon all, I haven’t sailed RC in a long time as I have been sailing on Princess for years so I am unfamiliar with cococay. Do any of you have any tips for the day while at cococay (things to do or avoid)? Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

https://cruise.blog/2022/04/guide-fun-day-perfect-day-cococay

Go to 1 of the 3 snack shacks, order mozzarella sticks and the chicken sandwich, put the mozz sticks and sauce on top of the chicken... wonderful chicken parm sandwich. After that, eat as many funnel cakes as you can from the same location.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrewCC2225 said:

Don't pay for all the extras!  So much out there is free - loungers/umbrellas, pool, buffets, Snack Shack, sports area, trams, etc.  No reason to spend a ton of money unless that is your choice.  Been there over 80 times and never spend a dime except for tips.  If you have a package for drinks, that is also included out there.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, scottnkim said:

Oasis Lagoon is a pretty cool pool/swim up bar that has a dj - gets the younger crowd going at least.  🙂

As the saying goes, different strokes for different folks. 

I wandered over to Oasis Lagoon (from Chill Island) just to look around, and I HATED IT.  I couldn't walk away fast enough from all of the noise.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DrewCC2225 said:

Figure out how many ships will be at CocoCay on the day your ship will be there.  If it is two ships, do NOT wait to get off, so you can scout out your preferred location and get settled.  We were on Mariner and Symphony showed up about an hour afterward.  It was horribly crowded all over the island, and as the day went on, you could overhear the late arrivals complaining that they couldn't find chairs together.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

We're staying on the ship next time we go to CocoCay (been there twice now).  Not worth getting off and it's very enjoyable on the ship while everyone is away.

Different strokes... we're doing a B2B 3-night/4-night on Friday and one of the reasons was so we could go to Cococay twice. We'll be staying on the ship during both Nassau stops. Definitely enjoyable to stay on the ship during port days.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

As the saying goes, different strokes for different folks. 

I wandered over to Oasis Lagoon (from Chill Island) just to look around, and I HATED IT.  I couldn't walk away fast enough from all of the noise.

So funny as I watched a video of it and I was like, I NEED to be there lol

• Like 1