Shore excursion details

wilson4

Please can anyone tell me if there is any way of finding out more details of offered shore excursions pre-cruise? There is a good discount for booking in advance but the details of what is included in the excursions is pretty sparse.

Celebrity provides among the worst descriptions of their shore excursions of any line I've sailed with. I don't normally look at/book shorex from the ship but on our April Silhouette sailing -- the first European cruise of the season -- I did, because I was not sure whether we'd be allowed to do excursions on our own. 

The details are sparse indeed. On other cruises I recall reading information such as how long the stops at various places will be, how long the driving portion is, even how many steps are involved.  

Celebrity should do better if they want people to book through them.

1 hour ago, wilson4 said:

Please can anyone tell me if there is any way of finding out more details of offered shore excursions pre-cruise? There is a good discount for booking in advance but the details of what is included in the excursions is pretty sparse.

Celebrity provides on its web site information pertaining to overall length of excursion, how strenuous it is, if the lunch is included or not, areas visited, what to bring etc. For some excursions, Celebrity also mentions the duration of the bus ride to and from the excursion site.

If you need more details that what is provided by Celebrity, your best bet, in my opinion, would be to post your questions about the specific excursions you're wondering about.

Some Cruise Critics Members have travelled quite a bit, could have recently done that excursion or are on-board now about to do it. Members are often very generous about sharing helpful information.

Good luck in your search! 

2 hours ago, wilson4 said:

You can either go to the Ports forum and search there or go to a search site that give Advice for your Trip or sells excursion tickets.  Find a similar adventure and you likely have your information. 

I sometimes google the exact name of the excursion and usually the tour companies that offer that tour will come up and you can get more details. Most of the time these companies will only let you book thru cruise line but they do offer a little more detail.

I have found that the descriptions tend to make you read more into to it than what is written if you can understand what I mean.    After you do it you and read the description you realize it is exactly what was written.

Don’t read more into it than what is written. If it says a small town that is what it is.  A buffet lunch is what it is and usually nothing special.  A snack is what it is.    Most of the time is spent on the bus or boat if going to a beach or snorkeling.    Drinks are usually one glass of a very poor rum punch on the return trip.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Many times Celebrity offers the very same excursions as other cruise lines. If I want more details I check Princess offerings many times they use the same name. Princess gives many details and precise timelines. Sometimes I can find more info that way.

Edited by BettyCruiser