Upgrade your promo: 'Free at Sea PLUS' @ +$49/day (7/13/22)

fstuff1

• fstuff1 changed the title to Upgrade your promo: 'Free at Sea PLUS' @ +$49/day (7/13/22)

For our 7-day cruise, we were considering upgrading to the premium plus beverage package for $243.60 each, so getting the additional $100 off shore excursions almost covers the additional cost, and you get even more for that. We were also considering upgrading to the unlimited wifi for me or my husband, if not both, at $109.93 each so in that case this will have already paid for itself.

I wonder if this is only on new bookings, though, since I don't see it available in my upgrades.

2 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

At the top of the box it says valid for 3+ night cruises booked on or after 1/18/22.

Thanks, I missed that! We fall into that category, so I'll check back later, or I can call.

15 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

For our 7-day cruise, we were considering upgrading to the premium plus beverage package for $243.60 each, so getting the additional $100 off shore excursions almost covers the additional cost, and you get even more for that. We were also considering upgrading to the unlimited wifi for me or my husband, if not both, at $109.93 each so in that case this will have already paid for itself.

I wonder if this is only on new bookings, though, since I don't see it available in my upgrades.

It is a total of $100 off shore excursions per day.  $50 off for first person from Free at Sea and $50 off for second person from Free at Sea Plus, so an additional $50 off shore excursions if you already have Free at Sea on your booking.  Solo travelers don't receive any additional shore excursion benefit from Free at Sea Plus.

Just now, kjquilts said:

It is a total of $100 off shore excursions per day.  $50 off for first person from Free at Sea and $50 off for second person from Free at Sea Plus, so an additional $50 off shore excursions if you already have Free at Sea on your booking.  Solo travelers don't receive any additional shore excursion benefit from Free at Sea Plus.

Oh, right, $50 per for 2. Thank you for catching my error!

In the 'normal' Free at Sea -section of the shared pictured it says that the Premium Beverage Package is applicable for All Guests (1-8) on the reservation when Guests 1 & 2 select beverage package. Is this new? 🤔 

1 minute ago, ItsWani said:

In the 'normal' Free at Sea -section of the shared pictured it says that the Premium Beverage Package is applicable for All Guests (1-8) on the reservation when Guests 1 & 2 select beverage package. Is this new? 

No, it isn't new. It's been that way for guests 3-8 and the PBP for about 2 years. With so many cruises cancelled due to the pandemic, some people who would have had it never got the chance. 

• Like 1

This is awesome since I often take longer cruises.  I recently tried the Premium Plus Beverage package - an absolute game changer in my opinion and since the reduction in the FAS dining package I have been adding the two dinner upgrade package.  I am content to give them a few extra bucks to not have to remember to type "logoff" and spend 30ish minutes in line Day 2/Day 3 getting my minutes restored in the Internet Cafe.  😁

My PCC had not heard about this, but an email with a screenshot and he fixed up my next few cruises in less than 10 minutes.

• Like 1

Just as an FYI, I tried adding this tonight and was told I couldn’t because I have the free second person flies free promo. They said I could upgrade all individually, but this would have been way cheaper for me. Not really happy about this. 😞

6 hours ago, Dave994 said:

Just as an FYI, I tried adding this tonight and was told I couldn’t because I have the free second person flies free promo. They said I could upgrade all individually, but this would have been way cheaper for me. Not really happy about this. 😞

?????? my TA got it add to our reservation and we have the "second fly free" she also got 2 soda packages added for a teens

2 hours ago, fox02554 said:

?????? my TA got it add to our reservation and we have the "second fly free" she also got 2 soda packages added for a teens

Well that’s frustrating. Perhaps I should try calling again. It doesn’t make sense to me that they wouldn’t want me to be able to upgrade. I may wait until they formally announce the program as they seem clueless about it now. 

1 hour ago, Dave994 said:

Well that’s frustrating. Perhaps I should try calling again. It doesn’t make sense to me that they wouldn’t want me to be able to upgrade. I may wait until they formally announce the program as they seem clueless about it now. 

Add me as someone who has the "second flies free"  and I didn't have a problem. 

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Add me as someone who has the "second flies free"  and I didn't have a problem. 

Did they know what the promo was when you called? I must have just gotten an agent who didn’t know how to apply it. 🤷‍♂️ 

I will try again. Luckily we aren’t sailing until late next year so I have lots of time. 

30 minutes ago, Dave994 said:

Did they know what the promo was when you called? I must have just gotten an agent who didn’t know how to apply it. 🤷‍♂️ 

I will try again. Luckily we aren’t sailing until late next year so I have lots of time. 

No, my agent wasn't familiar with it when I called (which was the morning it broke; she was going on a cruise herself in a few months, and got excited about it!). but she figured it out really fast. 

I had calculated what the difference was in cost overall on the cruise before and after -- we had already signed up for the wifi upgrade and one extra set of meals -- because I wanted to make sure there weren't any duplications or unintended removals.  We agreed to the penny, so I assume it was ok (and the airfare is still on the bill).

As I just noted on another thread, it looks like FASUP is the promo code.  All of the other codes (other than the ones I had previously upgraded, which were superseded by the Free At Sea Plus promo) remained

.1133307851_Screenshot2022-07-17105941.jpg.ea034db2c630f1f6ea93deb7c15b5ab9.jpg

7 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

No, my agent wasn't familiar with it when I called (which was the morning it broke; she was going on a cruise herself in a few months, and got excited about it!). but she figured it out really fast. 

I had calculated what the difference was in cost overall on the cruise before and after -- we had already signed up for the wifi upgrade and one extra set of meals -- because I wanted to make sure there weren't any duplications or unintended removals.  We agreed to the penny, so I assume it was ok (and the airfare is still on the bill).

As I just noted on another thread, it looks like FASUP is the promo code.  All of the other codes (other than the ones I had previously upgraded, which were superseded by the Free At Sea Plus promo) remained

.1133307851_Screenshot2022-07-17105941.jpg.ea034db2c630f1f6ea93deb7c15b5ab9.jpg

I will have to try again then. When you call and add it on, do you pay for it right away? Or is it added to the outstanding bill? 

1 minute ago, Dave994 said:

I will have to try again then. When you call and add it on, do you pay for it right away? Or is it added to the outstanding bill? 

Not sure where you are relative to final payment; mine isn't until May of next year. In my case, they just amended the bill.

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Not sure where you are relative to final payment; mine isn't until May of next year. In my case, they just amended the bill.

Thanks. I will call again tomorrow and see if I can finally get an agent that can add this for me. 

@Dave994, did you call and get this added? 

@fox02554, to confirm - you were able to purchase the Free at Sea Plus upgrade AND you have the original Free at Sea buy 1, get 2nd free airfare?

Our PCC tried this for half an hour yesterday and finally told us it's not possible, even after speaking with a supervisor. You're the only person I've seen on this forum be successful with FASPlus and the FAS Airfare. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruiseny4life said:

@fox02554, to confirm - you were able to purchase the Free at Sea Plus upgrade AND you have the original Free at Sea buy 1, get 2nd free airfare?

Our PCC tried this for half an hour yesterday and finally told us it's not possible, even after speaking with a supervisor. You're the only person I've seen on this forum be successful with FASPlus and the FAS Airfare. 

Nope. My PCC couldn’t do it, and neither could the chat agent. Both told me that it’s not compatible with the free airfare promo. I am going to wait to see if it changes when it launches officially and if not, just upgrade the drink package and 1 wifi. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dave994 said:

Nope. My PCC couldn’t do it, and neither could the chat agent. Both told me that it’s not compatible with the free airfare promo. I am going to wait to see if it changes when it launches officially and if not, just upgrade the drink package and 1 wifi. 

Sorry! I just noticed you're the same person I was talking to on the other thread. Well at least you and I are in the same "boat." If anything changes, I'll definitely let you know! 

We've decided that if we can't upgrade the entire thing, then we aren't going to give NCL any extra cash for WiFi, beverage plus, etc. We are taking a bunch of shore excursions though, so that $50 discount would be nice. 

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

talked to NCL reservations last night , and it's still a NO with the air promo 😞 looks like TA's office just took ALL the regular upgrades available not the " plus" offer 🤷‍♀️  I'll sort it out in August when my TA is back from her trip

Edited by fox02554
spelling