CPAP - exception to carry-on allowance on Carnival?

I tried searching for this and didn't find anything - getting married on the Carnival Spirit next year. Our paperwork says: "The bride and groom may carry on a garment bag in addition to a carry-on bag. Only one hand-carry-on bag will be permitted for sailing guests and must fit through the security machine. Luggage not to exceed 24”w x 16”h. All other bags must be checked with the Porters."

The ceremony is on embarkation day, so we're arriving fully dressed. However, we both use CPAPs; will we be allowed to carry those on ourselves in addition to our carry-ons? I'm an ambulatory wheelchair user, so I make a very good luggage cart 😜

If you haven't already done so, you should advise Carnival's Guest Access Team that you will be bringing medical equipment.   1-800-438-6744 ext. 70025

And direct from Carnival's website under Guests with Disabilities FAQ:

Do you offer CPAP machine rental?

You must bring your own equipment on board for personal use. Please hand- carry these items and do not place them in your checked luggage.

On 7/13/2022 at 6:35 PM, cowprintrabbit said:

I tried searching for this and didn't find anything - getting married on the Carnival Spirit next year. Our paperwork says: "The bride and groom may carry on a garment bag in addition to a carry-on bag. Only one hand-carry-on bag will be permitted for sailing guests and must fit through the security machine. Luggage not to exceed 24”w x 16”h. All other bags must be checked with the Porters."

The ceremony is on embarkation day, so we're arriving fully dressed. However, we both use CPAPs; will we be allowed to carry those on ourselves in addition to our carry-ons? I'm an ambulatory wheelchair user, so I make a very good luggage cart 😜

[emphasis added]

Best wishes to both of you. 🙂 

I have to ask:  Is one of you actually arriving in a wedding gown?  I HOPE SO!  That would be the most festive thing to see when boarding a ship!

BIG GRINS (either way)!

GC

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 10:06 AM, kokopelli-az said:

If you haven't already done so, you should advise Carnival's Guest Access Team that you will be bringing medical equipment.   1-800-438-6744 ext. 70025

And direct from Carnival's website under Guests with Disabilities FAQ:

Do you offer CPAP machine rental?

You must bring your own equipment on board for personal use. Please hand- carry these items and do not place them in your checked luggage.

I found this out when I called to tell them about my wheelchair! (Yes, I'm a mess. Stupid covid...)

On 7/14/2022 at 9:16 PM, GeezerCouple said:

[emphasis added]

I have to ask:  Is one of you actually arriving in a wedding gown?  I HOPE SO!  That would be the most festive thing to see when boarding a ship!

BIG GRINS (either way)!

GC

Yes, I will be riding the half mile from the hotel in my dress. Fiancé is wearing a kilt, so two skirts total? 

10 minutes ago, cowprintrabbit said:

Yes, I will be riding the half mile from the hotel in my dress. Fiancé is wearing a kilt, so two skirts total? 

That is terrific.

I'm sorry that we won't be among the others boarding with you!

Pictures, pictures, after, please?  (Maybe especially during some strange boarding situation where such special attire isn't quite expected?)

Best wishes to both of you!

GC

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/29/2022 at 5:15 PM, cowprintrabbit said:

I found this out when I called to tell them about my wheelchair! (Yes, I'm a mess. Stupid covid...)

Did the COVID virus cause that much lung damage?  Sorry to hear that.

It seems like we have never recovered 100% from our infection a year ago despite being vaccinated 3 times.

• 3 months later...
On 7/14/2022 at 9:16 PM, GeezerCouple said:

[emphasis added]

BIG GRINS (either way)!

GC

Yes, we are dressing at the hotel so I will be in my gown and he in his kilt!

On 10/29/2022 at 2:51 PM, 65Mommy said:

Did the COVID virus cause that much lung damage?  Sorry to hear that.

It seems like we have never recovered 100% from our infection a year ago despite being vaccinated 3 times.

It caused circulatory issues that cause swelling in my neck, among other issues… Vaxxed and boosted to the max but post-infection, when we had it they didn’t have treatments or vaccines yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 12:47 PM, cowprintrabbit said:

It caused circulatory issues that cause swelling in my neck, among other issues… Vaxxed and boosted to the max but post-infection, when we had it they didn’t have treatments or vaccines yet.

It is almost scary we are not being asked to get a new shot every 6 months.Almost feels like drug company hype versus a massive wave of sickness.