Baby Bottle Sterilizer

caroak

11 minutes ago, caroak said:

Does anyone know if an electric baby bottle sterilizer is allowed in a cabin?

I would almost guarantee no since there is little differencebetween an electric kettle and a sterilizer.  You really need to email special needs to see how they handle baby bottles.  Babies must be at least 6 months old at the time of sailing and on cruises to various locations and with 3 sea days 12 months of age.

13 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I would almost guarantee no since there is little differencebetween an electric kettle and a sterilizer. 

Please check with the cruise line to be sure about a sterilizer. I am not sure I understand the kettle comment. We were on the Eclipse in Alaska last month and our butler brought us an electric kettle for our use in our suite.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, travlr21 said:

Please check with the cruise line to be sure about a sterilizer. I am not sure I understand the kettle comment. We were on the Eclipse in Alaska last month and our butler brought us an electric kettle for our use in our suite.

There are kettles on cruises from Southampton.   Supposedly otherwise not allowed according to the list of items not allowed.  They certainly are not allowed in a Veranda cabin.  Your butler might have quietly gotten you one being in a suite 

3 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

There are kettles on cruises from Southampton.   Supposedly otherwise not allowed according to the list of items not allowed.  They certainly are not allowed in a Veranda cabin.  Your butler might have quietly gotten you one being in a suite 

I think there is a difference between their kettles (specific standard and regularly tested) and guests bringing their own electrical items on board that could be faulty and present a fire risk. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

There are kettles on cruises from Southampton....  They certainly are not allowed in a Veranda cabin.

Do you think they offload the kettles before the TA's to the Caribbean?  I doubt it.  I suspect they're available for the asking.

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2022 at 6:45 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

I was on the Eclipse in the Caribbean a few years ago - in a lowly 1A veranda cabin - and my room steward gladly accommodated my request for an electric kettle so I could boil water for my morning coffee. 

Edited by gimletgal

1 hour ago, gimletgal said:

I was on the Eclipse in the Caribbean a few years ago - in a lowly 1A veranda cabin - and my room steward gladly accommodated my request for an electric kettle so I could boil water for my morning coffee. 

I'm happy for you.  Doesn't change the fact they are on the banned item list for you to bring on board.  That was the question - can I bring what in effect is a hot pot on board?