Laundry room

Mrs f.

Is the laundry room  (self usage) generally open on embarkation day? We will be traveling a week before  and will need to get laundry done

On our Nautica cruise from Southampton  before the pandemic, it was open. I thought I would beat the rush. Wrong. I waited a long time to get a machine. I had to work around muster drill and dinner. It was insane but I persevered and got the laundry done. Also, the laundry room often opens early in the morning. I went one time right at the time it was to have opened only to find all the machines taken. On the smaller ships there is only one laundry so it can get crazy especially on sea days. Good luck.

• Like 1

I believe they do not open until later in the day 

AS noted above it depends on your fellow shipmates if you can get  a machine

The larger ships have more laundry rooms

If you can wait  a day it should not be  a problem  but timing is everything 😉

2 hours ago, Pearl64 said:

On our Nautica cruise from Southampton  before the pandemic, it was open. I thought I would beat the rush. Wrong. I waited a long time to get a machine. I had to work around muster drill and dinner. It was insane but I persevered and got the laundry done. Also, the laundry room often opens early in the morning. I went one time right at the time it was to have opened only to find all the machines taken. On the smaller ships there is only one laundry so it can get crazy especially on sea days. Good luck.

In person muster drills have been replaced by mandatory DIY videos.
Also, Laundry room(s) may actually open a bit earlier than the posted time of 7:30AM(?) and a line of folks may already be waiting for the machines - especially on sea days. 
As for embark day, though the laundry room(s) may be open as usual, the particular port may have CBP requirements to debark all passengers before embark starts. Many continuing passengers will probably get on the ship first - especially if they’ve planned it for a laundry day.

Bottom line: always have a Plan B for laundry. 

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

In person muster drills have been replaced by mandatory DIY videos.

Oh good!  We just got an email with link to video but there was no checkbox to affirm that we watched it.  Is it like some other lines now where once onboard you report to muster station to show that you can get there, they check your name off and you’re good to go?  Royal does that now and it’s the best change to cruising since I don’t know when!

16 minutes ago, waterbug123 said:

Oh good!  We just got an email with link to video but there was no checkbox to affirm that we watched it.  Is it like some other lines now where once onboard you report to muster station to show that you can get there, they check your name off and you’re good to go?  Royal does that now and it’s the best change to cruising since I don’t know when!

Have done two Oceania cruises so far this year and, having done the DIY video (perhaps it sets a browser cookie that stops reminders to do it?)  just had to pass by muster station at traditional muster time to show that you could find it

15 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

We have just returned form a trip on Marina. When we board ship we were asked to go straight to muster station then ticked off list. It was all very smooth and easy.