Boarding Time

crusin'k

We are leaving on our Princess cruise on Saturday.  Our Medallion app says we are Green Lane, boarding group A.  But I am not seeing the time for this group boarding.  It may be there, and I am just missing it.  Can anyone tell me where to find the time?

I don't know if all the times on all sailings are the same, but my arrival group A is 11:00-11:30 for a Seattle departure on the Discovery. You can get to this in the app by following this:

Personal Information

scroll down to Suggested

Arrival & Departure Groups

Select Property

Arrival and Departure

Edited by Sea Hag
  • Like 2

Usually 11 AM, show up around 10:30 AM.  Do you have this screen on your app?  Don't sweat the time frame if you're there early or late, it doesn't seem to make a difference at the terminal. 976437411_BoardingGroup.thumb.webp.396ee1dd02ea34b0c3cc97efd348b5c6.webp

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I don't know if all the times on all sailings are the same, but my arrival group A is 11:00-11:30 for a Seattle departure on the Discovery. You can get to this in the app by following this:

Personal Information

scroll down to Suggested

Arrival & Departure Groups

Select Property

Arrival and Departure

Thank you so much, Sea Hag.  I knew someone on here could help me!

We are 11:00-11:30.  Just got our negative COVID results so we are all set!  Yahoo!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, crusin'k said:

Thank you so much, Sea Hag.  I knew someone on here could help me!

We are 11:00-11:30.  Just got our negative COVID results so we are all set!  Yahoo!!!

Bon voyage!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, crusin'k said:

I see you are in Florida.  Where did you take your tests?  Were they free?  In January and February, we got tested at CVS in Port St. Lucie and they were free, but I have been seeing some talk that the tests for travel are no longer free.  (I don't think CVS even was asking if it was for travel, just if we were concerned about being around a large group of people.)  I think they were billing Medicare anyway...

20 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I see you are in Florida.  Where did you take your tests?  Were they free?  In January and February, we got tested at CVS in Port St. Lucie and they were free, but I have been seeing some talk that the tests for travel are no longer free.  (I don't think CVS even was asking if it was for travel, just if we were concerned about being around a large group of people.)  I think they were billing Medicare anyway...

We took our tests at Walgreens.  They are now charging, unless you have symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID.  Then they will bill your insurance company.

• Thanks 1

Back to your original question, the times of the boarding groups don't really seem to matter, or at least they didn't the two times I've boarded a ship in Port Everglades (January and April 2022).  No one ever asked or checked what time my "check in slot" was.  So my advice is not to sweat that part of boarding.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I just checked our area for the CVS test and it still appears to still be free. They'll bill my insurance company and it doesn't appear that I'll have to pay anything (similar to last March)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, crusin'k said:

We took our tests at Walgreens.  They are now charging, unless you have symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID.  Then they will bill your insurance company.

So what's stopping people from saying they were exposed, yet just doing the testing for travel.  Flawed system IMO. 

11 minutes ago, Tonsoffun44 said:

So what's stopping people from saying they were exposed, yet just doing the testing for travel.  Flawed system IMO. 

Absolutely nothing!  Our last testing at CVS back in May was *going* to cost about $120 X 2 (not sure exact amount) but the tech said since the policy had just changed he would write it up as described above...possible exposure and/or symptoms.  But he said that for any future tests for travel we should be prepared to pay.  Note that this was in Tennessee.

5 hours ago, crusin'k said:

EVERONE has been exposed to covid, unless they never leave the house.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2