Where is Brilliance in summer 2023

34 minutes ago, isitmayyet said:

I wonder what ship alternatives the guests who are on regular Serenade sailings were/will be offered as their options.  The above post looks like only what TA sailings were offered as a swap.  

There are few other Baltic itineraries so I was wondering if they had been offered a Rome or Barcelona instead! 
So I was looking in the RCs to see what they were offered… but as there aren’t any RCs… who knows 🤷‍♀️.

@Saab4444 they obviously weren’t chatty CC folk! 

27 minutes ago, little britain said:

There are few other Baltic itineraries so I was wondering if they had been offered a Rome or Barcelona instead! 
So I was looking in the RCs to see what they were offered… but as there aren’t any RCs… who knows 🤷‍♀️.

@Saab4444 they obviously weren’t chatty CC folk! 

Well, I would have booked her if rates were not so unreasonably high. Jewel from Ansterdam is much cheaper.. 

There is a RC at least from the ultimate Scandinavia cruise and Jewel has been offered as alternative.

Edited by Saab4444

3 hours ago, isitmayyet said:

I wonder what ship alternatives the guests who are on regular Serenade sailings were/will be offered as their options.  The above post looks like only what TA sailings were offered as a swap.  

If you go to the CC board below, Post #1265, you will see the letter they received.  It is a VERY active SERENADE 10 Sept 2023 Roll Call, now cancelled.  I have attempted to post the letter, but it took all the techno skills I have just to copy & save what the OP posted.  Several pics involved, but the data is all there.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2850961-september-10-2023-14-night-arctic-crossing-cruise-serenade-of-the-seas/page/50/

Choozin Croozin

Posted Thursday at 01:40 PM

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LittleSwa said:

If you go to the CC board below, Post #1265, you will see the letter they received.  It is a VERY active SERENADE 10 Sept 2023 Roll Call, now cancelled.  I have attempted to post the letter, but it took all the techno skills I have just to copy & save what the OP posted.  Several pics involved, but the data is all there.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2850961-september-10-2023-14-night-arctic-crossing-cruise-serenade-of-the-seas/page/50/

Choozin Croozin

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

No, all this letters are only the alternative cruises for the canceled Arctic Crossing but not for the Baltic cruises!

Just now, LittleSwa said:

Choozin Croozin

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

As you can see (I think it actually posted), the options this cancelled Arctic SERENADE were offered are different from the cancelled SERENADE TA letter of offers.  Reading that Roll Call (57 pages), it appears as though many chose to switch to the Jewel with now a VERY low inventory of balcony choices and NO Jr Suites.  Needless to say, IF the BRILLIANCE cancels, the pickins will be slim!

But, what really got me on that Roll Call was the fact that  

henry1005

Posted Tuesday at 05:28 PM  12 July 2022

Quotes from the reassurances, rec'd from RCCL Executive offices, that everything was fine; no worries and less than 48 hours later, the cancellation letters went out. See:

LEtue

Posted Thursday at 01:17 PM 14 July2022

Some have still not received the letter.  And, neither the Royal agents nor the posters' Travel Agents knew ANYTHING about the cancellation.  The members of CruiseCritic were MUCH better informed. Aside from all the  time spent on itinerary logistics, researching, planning & booking; this happened already with our months ago cancelled Serenade TA(not even the one mentioned above); and now it may happen again, with Royal keeping us in the dark til WHAM!  OR NOT!  I sure could not have conducted my business this way & been successful.  Amazing. 

Still hoping for the best and collecting evidence for success in case...Great way to plan a relaxing vacation.

4 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

No, all this letters are only the alternative cruises for the canceled Arctic Crossing but not for the Baltic cruises!

My response was to address the inquiry as to what "regular Serenade sailings were offered as options." 

isitmayyet said:

It appears that the regular Baltic sailings may not have received information yet.  The two letters posted are both for transatlantic sailings, both 14 nights which is why their letters only offer them other extended length sailings. Sept 10 was a 14 night arctic sailing, and May 7 was a 14 might Transatlantic Eastbound.  Once those customers start receiving their letters we will probably start seeing those postings.

3 hours ago, LittleSwa said:

And, neither the Royal agents nor the posters' Travel Agents knew ANYTHING about the cancellation.  The members of CruiseCritic were MUCH better informed.

For most cancellations, the crowd sourced info here is usually ahead of anything from RCI - it is what it is. 

• Like 2