Live from Infinity 16-23 July 2022. Questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

5 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I believe Celebrity offers something like Princess' "EZ Luggage" or something like like. I have used it before on RCI and Celebrity ships in FLL. This is the service where the cruise line picks up your non-carry on luggage outside your cabin on the last night of the cruise, and takes them to the airline and checks them in. The ship also gets your airline boarding pass. Usually you sign up for that service 3-5 days before the cruise end. You  don't see or handle your checked luggage until arriving at your final destination. I recall the charge was about $25 per suitcase. I have not used that service for 2-3 years, but I remember it was for the FLL ships and airports. Not all airlines, but the major ones. It is very handy, especially for those not wanting to lug suitcases around for whatever reason. Most other cruise ports do not have that service.

Can anyone confirm that Infinity makes that service available in Ft Lauderdale?

Doug

PS - Since there is chatter here on the Summit as well, disembarkation went fine on the Summit (Cape Liberty) on 17 July this year. There were about 1750 passengers on that ship.

The vendor that Celebrity used dropped the service before Covid  and not currently available.  To my knowledge the only place where you can do something similar is Seattle and it is provided to the crumbliness via the City.

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The vendor that Celebrity used dropped the service before Covid  and not currently available.  To my knowledge the only place where you can do something similar is Seattle and it is provided to the crumbliness via the City.

FYI:  I learned the following first hand.  With luggage valet, X hands luggage to a 3rd party, therefore typical credit card and travel insurance policies will not cover baggage lost from luggage valet.  Some insurance providers will allow you to add this specific coverage so its important to determine this while shopping insurance.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

FYI:  I learned the following first hand.  With luggage valet, X hands luggage to a 3rd party, therefore typical credit card and travel insurance policies will not cover baggage lost from luggage valet.  Some insurance providers will allow you to add this specific coverage so its important to determine this while shopping insurance.

Good to know your experience. However, I am not sure why insurance would not cover an loss by using that service. What happened? Was a claim denied when you use the valet service?

45 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Good to know your experience. However, I am not sure why insurance would not cover an loss by using that service. What happened? Was a claim denied when you use the valet service?

My situation happened in the summer of 2019 out of Seattle, I don't specifically know if anything has changed but it is important for folks to do their due diligence as travel insurance coverage greatly varies.  Know specially how much you can expect in compensation if you luggage is lost, if your flight or sailing is cancelled, etc.

All my claims were denied, X denied my claim blaming the vendor (at the time, X only covers you for up to $250, my dress shoes and cost of luggage alone exceed $250), USAA and my AMEX credit card with lost luggage denied the claim stating it was handed off to a third party vendor (bags inc); USAA said they might be able to get a manager to approve it if X admits they lost it, X obviously wouldn't.

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

My situation happened in the summer of 2019 out of Seattle, I don't specifically know if anything has changed but it is important for folks to do their due diligence as travel insurance coverage greatly varies.  Know specially how much you can expect in compensation if you luggage is lost, if your flight or sailing is cancelled, etc.

All my claims were denied, X denied my claim blaming the vendor (at the time, X only covers you for up to $250, my dress shoes and cost of luggage alone exceed $250), USAA and my AMEX credit card with lost luggage denied the claim stating it was handed off to a third party vendor (bags inc); USAA said they might be able to get a manager to approve it if X admits they lost it, X obviously wouldn't.

Hmmm. That's interesting....and depressing! We generally get our trip insurance from USAA (who actually uses C&F Travel Insured International). We're never had a claim for lost luggage, knock on wood.

Doug

42 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Hmmm. That's interesting....and depressing! We generally get our trip insurance from USAA (who actually uses C&F Travel Insured International). We're never had a claim for lost luggage, knock on wood.

Doug

You're probably fine if the airlines or X loses it, but will need to due diligence to determine what happens if valet loses it.  It's also important to mention to the insurer that the valet service is a 3rd party, NOT part of the cruise line or airline. 

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You're probably fine if the airlines or X loses it, but will need to due diligence to determine what happens if valet loses it.  It's also important to mention to the insurer that the valet service is a 3rd party, NOT part of the cruise line or airline. 

Thanks. Hopefully our luck will hold.....but then FLL doesn't have this service anyway anymore.

Just now, PaperSniper4 said:

Are there USB charging stations in the Infinity's cabins? The Summit recently  had them by the bed and another set on the desk. I found it very handy although we always bring AC chargers anyway.

Doug

No; summit was revolutionized.  Luckily you probably already own a charger you can bring with you and if not, they’re fairly cheap from Amazon

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks. Hopefully our luck will hold.....but then FLL doesn't have this service anyway anymore.

Yup!  Perhaps at other locations (world wide) it is run by the airport (not a third party) and therefore is included in the policy; in my situation it was Seattle and Bags Inc was the vendor/third party

Is the Skyview lounge open to all passengers?  It’s one of our favorite spots on most Celebrity ships, but as I understood it on our last trip on Edge, it was for suite guests only.  We are booked on Millie for our next trip and hope to be able to go there.

Edited by DWhit

29 minutes ago, DWhit said:

Is the Skyview lounge open to all passengers?  It’s one of our favorite spots on most Celebrity ships, but as I understood it on our last trip on Edge, it was for suite guests only.  We are booked on Millie for our next trip and hope to be able to go there.

I’m not sure what they told you on edge, but there is no Skyview lounge on that ship.

Perhaps you are confusing it with the retreat lounge.

In any case, the sky lounge on the M class and S class ships is open to all passengers.

36 minutes ago, DWhit said:

5 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I’m not sure what they told you on edge, but there is no Skyview lounge on that ship.

In any case, the sky lounge on the M class and S class ships is open to all passengers.

- The M/S-Class forward viewing lounges have all been fully open since the restart

- The Edge/E-Class Retreat Lounge isn't in the very front and doesn't have forward view

- The Edge/E-Class outdoor Retreat sun deck has a forward view

- The Edge/E-Class has the spa's thermal loungers instead of the M/S-Class's forward view lounge

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

No; summit was revolutionized.  Luckily you probably already own a charger you can bring with you and if not, they’re fairly cheap from Amazon

I have more AC/USB chargers than I can count. I think they are fouling around in my closet between cruises!😉 I always have a couple in my shaving kit, so I'm never without, but it was very convenient on the Summit to have one right by the bed. My wife would finish reading her Kindle at night and plug it in before pulling up the covers and kissing me g'night.😎

Doug

15 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Exactly.  I thought the Retreat Lounge was a Sky Lounge, and that maybe with the new updates, they would be giving the Sky Lounge to the suite guests for M class.   Glad to hear I was totally off base.

Not sure why you would build a ship without a Sky Lounge though.  They are very lovely and quite useful.

Sailing on Infinity in a few weeks. Can you tell me if the Celebrity app works on Infinity? Do they have the new way of doing muster or is it still the traditional way of crowding into some area to watch a brief movie and listen to instructions? Does Infinity offer the speedier Internet (extra price) or is only the standard Internet available? This will be our first time on Infinity. We are looking forward to cruising on Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

Sailing on Infinity in a few weeks. Can you tell me if the Celebrity app works on Infinity? Do they have the new way of doing muster or is it still the traditional way of crowding into some area to watch a brief movie and listen to instructions? Does Infinity offer the speedier Internet (extra price) or is only the standard Internet available? This will be our first time on Infinity. We are looking forward to cruising on Infinity.

if the Celebrity app works on Infinity? Yes

Do they have the new way of doing muster? Yes, you watch the short videos in the app or from your stateroom TV and you have report to your muster station location so the crew can check you off; we personally get that over with so head to the station as soon as we board

Does Infinity offer the speedier Internet (extra price) or is only the standard Internet available? Yes, basic/surf or premium/stream

It may be too late to ask.......

On the Infinity, does the foot of the bed point to the bow or stern of the ship? Is the bed nearest the head or the balcony? We are booked in 8163,

On the Summit, cabin 8148 (C3, starboard midships)the bed was toward bow and near head. I suspect the Infinity's layover is the same. Summit Cabin 8163 is in the same location as Infinity cabin 8148, but on the opposite side of the ship.

Doug

On 7/25/2022 at 11:10 AM, DWhit said:

Exactly.  I thought the Retreat Lounge was a Sky Lounge, and that maybe with the new updates, they would be giving the Sky Lounge to the suite guests for M class.   Glad to hear I was totally off base.

Not sure why you would build a ship without a Sky Lounge though.  They are very lovely and quite useful.

Not exactly, again the E-Class ships do not have a lounge of any kind with a forward view; they do have an open air sundeck and pool for suite guests.  The E-Class Retreat lounge isn't in the very front and therefore doesn't have a forward view.

Not having a sky lounge is a point of contention for M/S-Class lovers.

On 7/25/2022 at 4:19 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

I have more AC/USB chargers than I can count. I think they are fouling around in my closet between cruises!😉 I always have a couple in my shaving kit, so I'm never without, but it was very convenient on the Summit to have one right by the bed. My wife would finish reading her Kindle at night and plug it in before pulling up the covers and kissing me g'night.😎

Doug

I always bring a reg extension cord since the only outlets are over the by the vanity/desk and one for shaving in the bathroom

39 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I always bring a reg extension cord since the only outlets are over the by the vanity/desk and one for shaving in the bathroom

Extension cords brought from home aren’t a good idea.  They are specifically listed on the “what not to pack” page of the FAQ.  Special needs Department will provide approved cords.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Extension cords brought from home aren’t a good idea.  They are specifically listed on the “what not to pack” page of the FAQ.  Special needs Department will provide approved cords.

A true "extension cord" will make it through, I got mine on our sailing and all my previous sailings without any issues.  It's the surge protectors that they don't allow; visual aides for everyone

12 ft. x 16 Gauge Indoor Extension Cord

no power strips on cruise ships

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

We do also, but I sure liked the convenience on the Summit of having the AC outlet right on the nightstand. However, there can be problems with extension cords as we've all read here on CC. We have not ever had an issue with ours in forty cruises, but then we normally pack a generic, basic 6 ft cord without any "surge protector", etc. For our last cruise we got one of THESE, but never took it our of the suitcase since the cabin's USB and AC outlets were so convenient. Hey, any weight savings is good, right? Allows my wife to bring even more of her potions and lotions!😉

Doug

On 7/23/2022 at 9:49 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

Reinstated on the Infinity or on the Summit? Whichever, I am sad to hear that someone has the virus.

Yesterday we booked the Infinity for October 2022.😎 That will be out third cruise this year. Hopefully our precautions (luck?) will continue to see us virus free.

Doug

We are booked in October; 5th cruise this year. Last cruise was on Allure RCL; 2 ot of 5 had Covid the day after we got home. 23 yo son really had it bad for 3 weeks; my husband had a fever one day and cold-like symptoms for 8 days. Son had masked continually on board ; not the rest of us. 

I have a question about deck 11. there is a stairwell noted on the deckplan at both corners at the very aft. There is that open deck/movie screen above on deck 12. Do a lot of people use this stairway and is it noisy? i was looking at switching to a cabin on the very end so as to have only one "neighbor"

This is our first Celebrity cruise so I know ZERO!!