OS Oasis of the Seas - Opinions appreciated

I just upgraded to an OS on Oasis deck 14. Is this location going to be an issue with the pool deck above? Anyone with experience? This was the only deck available at the time for OS. If it’s not a good choice I can keep looking for something else to open up. I don’t cruise until September. Thanks in advance 😊

45 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We were on Deck 14 on the Oasis Simulation.  It was very quiet.  We were not far from

aft elevators.  I was afraid it would be noisy but, then again, we were about 900 people on the cruise.

Great! Thank you

My experience was on Symphony on the starboard side so it may or may not apply to your suite. Check to be sure your room is not directly under the children's splash pool. I was given an owners suite through Royal Up that was directly below the children’s water feature. The room was quiet at night. During the day there was constant running water noise from the children's Splashaway Bay wading pool on the deck above (with spraying water features including a bucket that dumps water every few minutes). It's not terribly bad but consistent throughout the day. It stops around 8 pm and starts again around 8 am. There were occasional heavy footsteps from the pool deck above. The suite was wonderful but the noise was not. 

1 minute ago, ScubaCat3 said:

My experience was on Symphony on the starboard side so it may or may not apply to your suite. Check to be sure your room is not directly under the children's splash pool. I was given an owners suite through Royal Up that was directly below the children’s water feature. The room was quiet at night. During the day there was constant running water noise from the children's Splashaway Bay wading pool on the deck above (with spraying water features including a bucket that dumps water every few minutes). It's not terribly bad but consistent throughout the day. It stops around 8 pm and starts again around 8 am. There were occasional heavy footsteps from the pool deck above. The suite was wonderful but the noise was not. 

Thank you! I’m on the port side and looks like it’s under the deck area of the sports pool. 

11 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

We have our first OS on Oasis in September. Always interested in others experiences and observations.

mac_tlc

Which deck are you on? We had a GS on 8 last fall. I love deck 8 but wasn’t impressed with the GS. The bathroom in the OS looks much better with the jacuzzi tub and separate shower and the balcony looks nicer with more room for the loungers. In the GS the loungers were crammed into a corner and couldn’t be turned to face the ocean. I’m thinking the OS is going to be perfect except I’m not sure about deck 14. I always book cabins between cabin decks. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Which deck are you on? We had a GS on 8 last fall. I love deck 8 but wasn’t impressed with the GS. The bathroom in the OS looks much better with the jacuzzi tub and separate shower and the balcony looks nicer with more room for the loungers. In the GS the loungers were crammed into a corner and couldn’t be turned to face the ocean. I’m thinking the OS is going to be perfect except I’m not sure about deck 14. I always book cabins between cabin decks. 

We are on deck 11. We had a GS on deck 10 in May, I agree about the loungers -- we didn't use them at all.  But I do like the GS's on Oasis/Allure vs Harmony/Symphony. I'm not a fan of the dividing wall

Curious how big the shower is in the OS -- it looks sorta small because the tub is there also. 

I'm sure we will be ok.😂

mac_tlc

44 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We are on deck 11. We had a GS on deck 10 in May, I agree about the loungers -- we didn't use them at all.  But I do like the GS's on Oasis/Allure vs Harmony/Symphony. I'm not a fan of the dividing wall

Curious how big the shower is in the OS -- it looks sorta small because the tub is there also. 

I'm sure we will be ok.😂

mac_tlc

The shower looks on the smaller side but I don’t think it’s too small. I’m hoping @twangsteror any of our other CC suite experts find this thread and chime in because I’d rather not have to stalk the RC to change decks if 14 is ok. 

I agree that we’ll definitely be ok….

Have not been in an OS on Oasis, but I imagine that they are pretty much the same on the O class ships.  Yes, the walk-in shower is small...actually, not much bigger than the space tube showers in the balcony rooms, but it is far more appealing than the balcony room showers and it is a little larger given that it is "square" as opposed to a tube shape...at least, it feels bigger.  It is definitely a 1 person shower !

What I hate about the OS on the O class ships (except for SY....they seem to have "fixed" this problem finally) is the fact that you must choose between having a connecting room or having a pole in your dining room.  Both of these options are unsat.  I think they finally removed the connecting room option from the OS on SY...so at least now you have a choice of pole or no pole.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Have not been in an OS on Oasis, but I imagine that they are pretty much the same on the O class ships.  Yes, the walk-in shower is small...actually, not much bigger than the space tube showers in the balcony rooms, but it is far more appealing than the balcony room showers and it is a little larger given that it is "square" as opposed to a tube shape...at least, it feels bigger.  It is definitely a 1 person shower !

What I hate about the OS on the O class ships (except for SY....they seem to have "fixed" this problem finally) is the fact that you must choose between having a connecting room or having a pole in your dining room.  Both of these options are unsat.  I think they finally removed the connecting room option from the OS on SY...so at least now you have a choice of pole or no pole.

I’ve got the pole but since it just my husband and myself I don’t think it’ll bother us😊

• Like 1