Civitavecchia - back to Largo della Pace

euro cruiser

I came across an article recently which claims that the port shuttle bus stop was to move back to Largo della Pace by the beginning of June, and I'm wondering if recent cruise passengers found this to be the case.

The Largo della Pace area was used for Covid testing for the past couple of years, the article said that control of the space had returned to the port management and they intended to have shuttle buses going back there by the end of May.

Article here:  Civitavecchia Porto - Crociere, finalmente riapre Largo della Pace - EtruriaNews

Just wondering if anyone has been there recently (in the last six weeks or so) and can confirm that the move happened.

Edited by euro cruiser

When I disembarked Celebrity Reflection on June 13 the free shuttle bus stop was still at the new and less convenient Varco Vespucci shuttle stop. I got the free shuttle bus from the ship to Varco Vespucci to get another shuttle to Fiumicino airport. When leaving for the airport I could see the old Largo della Pace shuttle stop and it looked deserted.

Edited by PurpleTraveller

On June 24 we could go directly with the Civitavecchia Portlink from the train station to CELEBRITY REFLECTION.
We walked on June 23 and could see: totally empty - although WONDER OF THE SEAS was in town.

On July 4 all shuttles from the ship goes to/from Largo dello Pace and also the Civitavecchia Portlink was back to/from Largo dello Pace only and not anymore Varco Vespucci stop.

All information on Portlink's for the direct bus between bus and ship are removed.
All information for Largo dello Pace are back.

1 hour ago, Albert_Park said:

I’ve just come off the Wonder and was in Rome on Thursday. Buses to station are indeed back to Largo Della Pace. We got shuttle from ship to Largo and then hopped onto red bus to station. All very easy.

So they no longer offer the €3 shuttle direct from the terminal to the station? 

9A58FA3A-FA85-4516-B804-D36C0BA5872E.jpeg

16 minutes ago, little britain said:

So they no longer offer the €3 shuttle direct from the terminal to the station? 

9A58FA3A-FA85-4516-B804-D36C0BA5872E.jpeg

Not directly from the ship. It was a shuttle to largo Della pace then pick up the bus from there to station for €3.

• Thanks 1