Carry-on wine

Retired 07

As far as I know, based on their policies, you can take one bottle per person on with you free of corkage fee to be consumed in your cabin.   Anything beyond that limit, you are charged corkage fee of $20 per bottle which is marked and can be consumed anywhere on the ship.  

Here's from the website

"As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind on board for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from The Shops of Princess, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the guest's stateroom on the last day of the cruise. A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist guests with the storage of their shoreside alcoholic purchases while The Shops of Princess staff will assist guests with shipboard alcoholic purchases."

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 8:01 PM, Moondogy said:

Here's from the website

"As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind on board for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from The Shops of Princess, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the guest's stateroom on the last day of the cruise. A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist guests with the storage of their shoreside alcoholic purchases while The Shops of Princess staff will assist guests with shipboard alcoholic purchases."

Update to this....I believe the corkage fee has been changed to $20 per bottle.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

Update to this....I believe the corkage fee has been changed to $20 per bottle.

I often click LIKE to a post to signify I agree with the information and other times because I like what was said.  It occurred to me I had "liked" your post and it might communicate the wrong thing (LOL).

I most definitely do NOT like that the corkage fee was increased to $20 when Princess resumed cruising, but I do agree that it is the correct information.  😉

I guess we grudgingly have to accept price increases at times, and I still think it is worthwhile to BYOW.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I guess we grudgingly have to accept price increases at times, and I still think it is worthwhile to BYOW.

Old history I know, but really, what justification was there for the increase ? Did the cost of cleaning a wine glass increase 33% overnight. 

The corkage increase was nothing more than a profit maximisation exercise. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Billish said:

Old history I know, but really, what justification was there for the increase ? Did the cost of cleaning a wine glass increase 33% overnight. 

All the more incentive to bring your own at every port.

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I often click LIKE to a post to signify I agree with the information and other times because I like what was said.  It occurred to me I had "liked" your post and it might communicate the wrong thing (LOL).

I most definitely do NOT like that the corkage fee was increased to $20 when Princess resumed cruising, but I do agree that it is the correct information.  😉

LOL I have gone throught this same thought process.....don't want to say like, but want to acknowledge correctness. That's when I use the trophy instead (even though the pop-up description says that means 'thanks').

2 hours ago, Billish said:

But you will be charged corkage on the wine you bring on, so how does that help? 

In all the years of bringing wine back at any port we've never paid 1 cent in corkage fees. 

The only people who pay fees are the ones that voluntarily present the wine at the collection table. 

Now that we sail with the plus package we're always carrying off bottles of wine. 😄

59 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

In all the years of bringing wine back at any port we've never paid 1 cent in corkage fees. 

The only people who pay fees are the ones that voluntarily present the wine at the collection table. 

Now that we sail with the plus package we're always carrying off bottles of wine. 😄

But when the scan your bsgs when you go back on board,  don't they then see the bottles and make you pay ?

3 minutes ago, Billish said:

But when the scan your bsgs when you go back on board,  don't they then see the bottles and make you pay ?

They do scan your bags when entering the ship but the collection table is located by the elevators. Most people just walk right on past without pausing.

Of course you wouldn't want to advertise the liquor store shopping bag as you walk by. 😉

12 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

They do scan your bags when entering the ship but the collection table is located by the elevators. Most people just walk right on past without pausing.

Of course you wouldn't want to advertise the liquor store shopping bag as you walk by. 😉

OK, but I have seen people being led to the table when drink has been found in their bags.

And P&O will confiscate bottles carried on boardand picked up by the scanners.,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I see that on facebook all the time.

Someone will post something like: "This is the fifth anniversary of the loss of my beloved mom."

And their so-called friends will click like.

I guess they didn't like the mom?

1 hour ago, Billish said:

OK, but I have seen people being led to the table when drink has been found in their bags. True for liquor when boarding at embarkation. At distant ports it will be held. (if found)

Wine will always be allowed at any time (above the 2 free bottles per cabin) although corkage fee may be charged if they find anything above 2 bottles. 

I'm not familiar with P & O. 

2 hours ago, Billish said:

OK, but I have seen people being led to the table when drink has been found in their bags.

I'm hopefully boarding in Southampton in 6+ weeks: I've often gone to the table as I typically carry wine in a separate carrier. I've only been questioned 1× and that was in Singapore with 5 mini bottles (935ml, port max 1000ml). I've never been charged for the 2nd bottle (solo cruiser). I carry on bc my preferred wine is often not available but will buy my ale / beer onboard 

10 hours ago, Billish said:

It was simply an effort to match the market.  No other cruise line that I know of has had a corkage charge of $15 for over a decade.  Princess always had the lowest cost and most generous allowance among similar cruise lines.  Now it is just the most generous.

• Like 2