First Time Cruising Out of Port Canaveral

Jim The Lizard

Ok,sailed out of Miami and New York several times, but this will be our first time out  of Port Canaveral.  Looking for dining, hotel, and tips for the port recommendations.   Not too worried about being first in line but like to arrive early at the terminal.   Feedback and comments welcome!  .  

Edited by Jim The Lizard

• Jim The Lizard changed the title to First Time Cruising Out of Port Canaveral

PC is kinda out of the way. We usually stay down at Disney Springs the day before. Get a little Disney experience without the cost of park entrance. Then drive and drop car rental at PC and take car rental shuttle to the port. Cheaper than a share ride shuttle or transfer for us. 

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

PC is kinda out of the way. We usually stay down at Disney Springs the day before. Get a little Disney experience without the cost of park entrance. Then drive and drop car rental at PC and take car rental shuttle to the port. Cheaper than a share ride shuttle or transfer for us. 

Thanks Bird!  

We sail out of Port Canaveral in February. We plan on getting Uber from airport to the PC Hampton Inn and Uber the next morning to the port. Have had a number of recommendations for the Hampton Inn so I'm good with that. I have never done Uber but my sister has so I have assigned her that portion of our logistics! lol

Edited by Greenpea2

We are staying oceanfront the night before the cruise at the Hilton Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel.

It's roughly a 35-40 min ride. I considered staying in Orlando but wanted to be a little closer to the port.

There are hotels closer but wanted the oceanfront/beach experience.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

We stayed at the Radisson at Port Canaveral and had the parking package. The place was nice and reasonable. The shuttle to the port was great and we got there and back in good time.  We've stayed there twice.

Thank you.  

Country Inn and Suites in Cape Canaveral is a nice hotel just minutes away from Port Canaveral. Have stayed there a few times with my family before cruising  on Carnival and Royal Caribbean ships. You can also leave your personal vehicle there while your on your cruise for a fee.

1 hour ago, Corby114 said:

Country Inn and Suites in Cape Canaveral is a nice hotel just minutes away from Port Canaveral. Have stayed there a few times with my family before cruising  on Carnival and Royal Caribbean ships. You can also leave your personal vehicle there while your on your cruise for a fee.

This is where we are staying the night before our cruise in September. hotel and 9 nights of parking was $240....minutes to the ship and there are some good waterfront places to eat or have a drink the night before. 

It all depends when you are flying in?.. the day before the cruise?, if so , then catch a shuttle to a hotel at cocoa beach, I like to stay near the cocoa beach pier, or further down near Ron Jon Surf shop, there are lots of restaurants around there. We either use Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Cruise Control to get from the airport to cocoa beach, and back to the airport after the cruise. Most of the hotels around cocoa beach offer a shuttle service for around $6-7, per person to the port. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 7:54 AM, cruisegirl1976 said:

It all depends when you are flying in?.. the day before the cruise?, if so , then catch a shuttle to a hotel at cocoa beach, I like to stay near the cocoa beach pier, or further down near Ron Jon Surf shop, there are lots of restaurants around there. We either use Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Cruise Control to get from the airport to cocoa beach, and back to the airport after the cruise. Most of the hotels around cocoa beach offer a shuttle service for around $6-7, per person to the port. 

How is your experience with those companies,  Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Cruise control?   Trip advisor reviews have been pretty varied.  some 1 one stars,  some 5 stars.  I'm looking at using Cocoa beach shuttle for January 2023. 

I used Cocoa Beach shuttle, and had no issues, they picked us up right from the MCO and brought us to our hotel in Cocoa Beach, and we didn't book roundtrip cause we rented a car on the way back, but the other couple we went with used them for roundtrip transportation after the cruise, and they were prompt, no issues at all.  Next year I am doing a private shuttle from Cruise Control transportation only because we are flying in 2 days before the cruise and staying at a hotel in MCO for one night, which they pick up from and they are bringing us to cocoa beach hotel and picking us up after the cruise for a return trip to MCO. They are very detailed with the reservations for next year.,  If we weren't staying an extra night I would def use Cocoa Beach Shuttle next year., they are cheaper.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 11:13 AM, Prairiefrozen said:

How is your experience with those companies,  Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Cruise control?   Trip advisor reviews have been pretty varied.  some 1 one stars,  some 5 stars.  I'm looking at using Cocoa beach shuttle for January 2023. 

We have used Cocoa Beach Shuttle twice without an issue. They were prompt and quite professional.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 4:49 PM, BirdTravels said:

Where do you stay in Disney Springs to see the fireworks?