Airlines Canceling flights into LHR (booked with EZAIR)

Ombud

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I think you’d be better off just trying a nonstop, if yours is cancelled tell them to get you on a United nonstop SFO LHR.  France frequently has strikes, transportation, trains, etc.  I’ve been caught up in those.

Also, they’ve had many cancellations too.

The airlines should already already have their reduced schedules for Aug and Sep. for LHR.  Unless it’s crew shortage or weather.  It’s a lot harder to fly domestic now than Internationally.

Good luck to you!

My flight isn't canceled yet but I am now prepared just in case

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

My plan. 2 pants, 1 skirt, 7 tops inc 1 sweater & 1 chiffon, 1 chiffon poncho for dressy, sandals, underwear. Toiletries must fit into purse.

20220715_170855.thumb.jpg.1162b495f797c5fb187b0ef94b2a2924.jpg

Also trying to book 1 hotel for 2 nights and ability to shift to 1 night (so far no success). 

So unfortunately have 2 hotel reservations:

2 nights Leonardo Royal Southampton Grand Harbour (8/31-9/2)

1 night Moxy (9/1-9/2)

I'm doing my best to get everything in a carry on too, and just put heels and dinner clothes in the checked bag. That way, I'll have clothes to wear, but if the checked bag doesn't make it, I can do everything except formal night.

I just checked and our flight isn't cancelled. However, I've been tracking and it has a history of delayed departure, so we'll probably miss our connecting flight. I've already got our TA on it, but like others have said, I don't want to lose our great rate.

1 hour ago, PurpleHays said:

I'm doing my best to get everything in a carry on too, and just put heels and dinner clothes in the checked bag. That way, I'll have clothes to wear, but if the checked bag doesn't make it, I can do everything except formal night.

You will not be excluded from participating in formal night dining in the dining rooms.  Should the unthinkable happen, heaven forbid.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You will not be excluded from participating in formal night dining in the dining rooms.  Should the unthinkable happen, heaven forbid.

I hear black leggings can go anywhere. That's what I'm packing in my carryon.

• Like 2

As Air Emirates has agreed to limiting some flights into Heathrow,  Virgin Atlantic has reestablished the 1830 nonstop flight. I hope it remains that way & that others are as fortunate.

22 hours ago, Ombud said:

But in all seriousness they can be:

20220721_171022.thumb.jpg.9a59e20c062a990c874dd7ade5636160.jpg

on another note:: my flight is apparently back, still not checking luggage

Mine aren't that fancy, just Athleta, though one pair is the nicer Moto tight. I am packing as much as I can in my carry on, but will check the extras. If it makes it, great, if not. I can live without what's in that bag.

• Like 1

Still waiting for our luggage from a transfer company after attending Golf matches in Scotland.   Could not take luggage on our flight due to weight restrictions, clubs vs passengers  vs luggage.   Trackers show luggage is still in Edinburgh. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

Still waiting for our luggage from a transfer company after attending Golf matches in Scotland.   Could not take luggage on our flight due to weight restrictions, clubs vs passengers  vs luggage.   Trackers show luggage is still in Edinburgh. 

What size was the bag? Which carrier,?

29 minutes ago, Ombud said:

What size was the bag? Which carrier,?

Private plane.  Absolute disaster with processing luggage.  Our funds have been refunded for the transfer service.  Neighbors clubs and luggage had priority as it is profession.  

Edited by kiwimum
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

Private plane.  Absolute disaster with processing luggage.  Our funds have been refunded for the transfer service.  Neighbors clubs and luggage had priority as it is profession.  

Thank you. Kid is coming back from CDG with checked luggage inc his sax. Texted him to insure it for the full 10k if he cannot carry it onboard. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 5:25 PM, Ombud said:

As Air Emirates has agreed to limiting some flights into Heathrow,  Virgin Atlantic has reestablished the 1830 nonstop flight. I hope it remains that way & that others are as fortunate.

Well its been priced up from 897 to over 1300 several other days in a row. Nothing I can do about it now. 

On 7/22/2022 at 7:58 PM, kiwimum said:

KLM not permitting checked luggage on economy tickets connecting or stopping in Amsterdam. 

5 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

We were on a private jet with a transfer company handling excess luggage.   Still have to see our bags.  

Yes and many on commercial flights have the same issue. Hoping for easy flights but planning for a late cancelation.

It's not just the flight timing it's also fitting in a covid test. Getting a that test on the day I fly out makes it a little difficult (currently appt is for 10am and hoping state site stays open so I can test at 7am). So trying to figure out how to properly up a cell phone to do it online if state site unavailable.