Airlines Canceling flights into LHR (booked with EZAIR)

Ombud

I've noticed that for 2 weeks in a row Virgin Atlantic has canceled the flight that I've booked for 8/30/22 (1830 nonstop SFO -> LHR). These reductions are until September 11th & from 4 cities: San Francisco,  Seattle,  Las Vegas, and one Florida airport. The flight is within 42 days so I can't just rebook online. In that I purchased the flight through Princess (aka EZAIR) what do I if / when my flight is canceled?

Just looking for how to proceed bc my long time CVP retired. 

• Like 2

if you booked through EZair you have to go through them especially if you have not been ticketed.  Since I am on the same cruise as you and this just happened to me with American, I can share what I did.  You start by calling regular Customer service (the standard Princess 800#) tell them the problem and get connected to the Air department.  Once there, they will rebook you onto a different flight.  My tip, call when they first open for the day as the wait will be less.  All told it took me about an hour between talking, holding, talking, holding etc.  But it got done.

Good luck!  see you in September 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Heathrow is a mess with long lines and lost luggage. Our luggage made it home 4 days after we did. They are canceling because Heathrow requested airlines to cancel. Delta just sent a plane there JUST to pick up luggage, no passengers. Beware!!!

B845C7D9-4D9F-4BB8-8CE4-70C4499B2924.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr_Steve_&_Me said:

Heathrow is a mess with long lines and lost luggage. Our luggage made it home 4 days after we did. They are canceling because Heathrow requested airlines to cancel. Delta just sent a plane there JUST to pick up luggage, no passengers. Beware!!!

I see my bag in there!!!  😆

What a mess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Although LHR is having issues, it is still your best bet to get to London.  I would inquire about booking with United as the company has a substantial foot print  there, especially with flights from SFO.  I think there are three nonstop flights a day with more connecting through the other hubs of DEN, ORD or EWR. 

We flew home in June to SFO, no real problems then.  But that was then of course.  We did keep getting texts that said, get to the airport. LOL.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr_Steve_&_Me said:

I asked DW not to pack so much luggage...🤷‍♀️

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Mr_Steve_&_Me said:

Last night of any cruise.

Just missing the cardboard liquor boxes from the caribbean.

• Haha 2

@cruise2relaxis correct.  I had a flight from San Francisco to Rome which stopped in London.  The London to Rome flight was canceled.  A section of my return flight from Barcelona to San Francisco was also canceled.  I had booked through EZAir and had terrific prices so didn't want to cancel and re-book.  I called Princess and it took an hour to get transferred to EZAir.  Once I got to EZAir (the Princess agent had to get permission to transfer me), it took another hour, but we got it all straightened out.

Word of caution (someone had posted about this).  The Princess agent wanted to try to rebook me, but I was afraid that I would lose my price as had happened to another poster.  I insisted on talking to EZAir to get the flights fixed.

Good luck!

• Like 4

We had booked a flight using American Airlines points from Heathrow to Rome, a nonstop on British Airways.    When that flight was cancelled, I called BA, but they said AA was my "travel agent" so I needed to rebook with them.    There was a later nonstop the same day, but no seats available if using points.    AA rebooked us onto a BA flight from Heathrow to Madrid, where we're to change planes (& airline!) and then onto Rome.   fingers crossed.

But, yes, in my experience, the airline won't help you, you need to go through your agent, in the OP's case, that's EZAir.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr_Steve_&_Me said:

My plan. 2 pants, 1 skirt, 7 tops inc 1 sweater & 1 chiffon, 1 chiffon poncho for dressy, sandals, underwear. Toiletries must fit into purse.

20220715_170855.thumb.jpg.1162b495f797c5fb187b0ef94b2a2924.jpg

Also trying to book 1 hotel for 2 nights and ability to shift to 1 night (so far no success). 

So unfortunately have 2 hotel reservations:

2 nights Leonardo Royal Southampton Grand Harbour (8/31-9/2)

1 night Moxy (9/1-9/2)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

My plan. 2 pants, 1 skirt, 7 tops inc 1 sweater & 1 chiffon, 1 chiffon poncho for dressy, sandals, underwear. Toiletries must fit into purse.

Also trying to book 1 hotel for 2 nights and ability to shift to 1 night (so far no success). 

1 night Moxy (9/1-9/2)

Smart!

14 minutes ago, Ombud said:

1 night Moxy (9/1-9/2)

Will be doing the same thing this trip (with gentleman's clothes however...lol)!

My new CVP just told me: when this happens call the enroute assistance desk at: 1 (800) 545-0008 and ask for another nonstop (like United). But she will note my file so (maybe?) they'll just rebook me automatically 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ombud said:

My new CVP just told me: when this happens call the enroute assistance desk at: 1 (800) 545-0008 and ask for another nonstop (like United). But she will note my file so (maybe?) they'll just rebook me automatically 

Good luck, you have lots of back up plans.  I am not sure I would "trust" Princess to "just rebook me automatically".  Best to keep on top of this.  

What a nightmare traveling to Europe for a cruise is this summer.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Good luck, you have lots of back up plans.  I am not sure I would "trust" Princess to "just rebook me automatically".  Best to keep on top of this.  

What a nightmare traveling to Europe for a cruise is this summer.  

I don't trust Princess EZAIR at all!! I have a better chance of winning the lottery

• Like 1

A little off topic, but will try.  Ombud:  my CVP also retired (end of June).  Were you automatically assigned a new CVP?  I was under the assumption that a new one would be assigned; haven't heard a word.  Emails from Princess advertising future cruises, etc. are not signed by a CVP as was the case previously.  

Guidance is appreciated.  Thanks.

• Like 1

I do hope LHR is better by mid-November.  At least we will be on the way back home then and if bag is delayed, it won't kill us.  On the way to Europe, we connect at CDG.  Haven't looked too closely, but I have checked if our flights are running.  Didn't see any cancels.

A year ago our CVP retired and within a few days I received a call from a lovely lady who was now assigned to us.  She has been wonderful…..better than the one she replaced.  I would call and ask to be assigned to another CVP..  Wish I was allowed to give you the name of ours, but it’s against the rules.

11 minutes ago, MN Syrup Cruiser said:

A little off topic, but will try.  Ombud:  my CVP also retired (end of June).  Were you automatically assigned a new CVP?  I was under the assumption that a new one would be assigned; haven't heard a word.  Emails from Princess advertising future cruises, etc. are not signed by a CVP as was the case previously.  

Guidance is appreciated.  Thanks.

Yes but I fired her. I got the name of a TA from another CC Member to try & names of 3 CVPs  from other CC Members. [1] was too assertive / aggressive for me [1] did not respond [1] is wonderful and gets me!! (Early riser / prefers phone to email / responds same day] Ask to be reassigned 

18 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

On the way to Europe, we connect at CDG.

I'd be ok with going nonstop to CDG, 1 night Hilton at airport (to get into Paris), then downstairs for the train thru the chunnel to Southampton.  If flights cancelled might try that. Completely avoid LHR 

6 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I'd be ok with going nonstop to CDG, 1 night Hilton at airport (to get into Paris), then downstairs for the train thru the chunnel to Southampton.  If flights cancelled might try that. Completely avoid LHR 

Didn't mean to confuse.  We connect at CDG on way to FCO.  LHR is our cnxn home.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr_Steve_&_Me said:

OMG! So glad we decided on carry on in two weeks' time! Didn't book EzAir this time either. Direct flight for us, Halifax to Heathrow. Of course, flight will have originated somewhere else, most likely Toronto, so our departure from Halifax could could still be delayed. There's a reason why my name is 'Adventrues Ahead', though I didn't have this in mind at the time! Wishing everyone good luck!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I think you’d be better off just trying a nonstop, if yours is cancelled tell them to get you on a United nonstop SFO LHR.  France frequently has strikes, transportation, trains, etc.  I’ve been caught up in those.

Also, they’ve had many cancellations too.

The airlines should already already have their reduced schedules for Aug and Sep. for LHR.  Unless it’s crew shortage or weather.  It’s a lot harder to fly domestic now than Internationally.

Good luck to you!

• Like 2