Booking and paying for an "extra" cabin

jcpc

On 7/21/2022 at 4:43 PM, goofysmom99 said:

OP, if your TA is able to pull this off in advance of boarding, please come back and let us know.

My wonderful travel agent worked with someone in the Miami office and was able to pull this off for me.  My name is currently listed on both the suite and the inside cabin across the hall.  I have retained all the Retreat benefits.  The ship has been "looped in" on this so they are aware that this is not a duplicate booking.  

I don't know the "ins and outs" of how this was accomplished and I don't really care.  I'm so happy that I work with an excellent travel agent who is worth her weight in gold.

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, jcpc said:

My wonderful travel agent worked with someone in the Miami office and was able to pull this off for me.  My name is currently listed on both the Sky Suite and the inside cabin across the hall.  I have retained all my Sky Suite Benefits.  The ship has been "looped in" on this so they are aware that this is not a duplicate booking.  

I don't know the "ins and outs" of how this was accomplished and I don't really care.  I'm so happy that I work with an excellent travel agent who is worth her weight in gold.

Excellent!  This could be a solution to my inability to book suites that have bathtubs.  Good to know.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jcpc said:

My wonderful travel agent worked with someone in the Miami office and was able to pull this off for me.  My name is currently listed on both the suite and the inside cabin across the hall.  I have retained all the Retreat benefits.  The ship has been "looped in" on this so they are aware that this is not a duplicate booking.  

Fantastic.    That sounds like a great agent.    I'm sure you will enjoy your private dressing room.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 4:21 PM, Denny01 said:

I know I sometimes sound like a broken record from other threads, but Id suggest you get a good TA, tell them what you want and see what they can work out of adding another SR that allows your 3rd person to be part of your group in the Retreat. 

Doesn’t sound as if you can just book an Inside/standard SR even if you book them ‘simultaneously’ that would allow that.

A good TA may find a way of getting a standard type SR but work the Retreat connection.

We are Elite+ and our daughter could only join us in the extra things for it If she shared our SR, and that situation is a lot less than being allowed to use the Retreat and not having a Suite.

Someone else may help you who has pulled this one off.

den

You're preaching to the choir regarding getting a good TA.  I book ALL my travel though my excellent TA!

• Thanks 1