Booking and paying for an "extra" cabin

jcpc

Has anyone had any success in booking and paying for an "extra" cabin?

Here's the situation:  three women are booked in a Sky Suite on Beyond.  From previous Edge cruises we know that the Sky Suite is not really suitable for 3 adults to share (the couch is not really a very comfortable bed, sharing the bathroom is problematic, closet/drawer space would be tight, etc.).  In a past E-Class sailing, once onboard the Retreat Manager offered us an Infinite Verandah cabin to be used in conjunction with our sky suite and none of us lost Retreat privileges.

We've noticed that there are quite a few available inside cabins just steps away from our Sky Suite.  We would ideally like to book and pay for one of these inside cabins to be used for:  a person to sleep in there at night, an extra shower, additional storage space.  BUT we don't want to lose Retreat access (i.e., Luminae and Retreat Lounge) for any one of us.  So ideally we want the three of us still booked into the Sky Suite and then have the additional cabin a "second" cabin for one of us (similar to the concept of one person booking 2 seats on an airplane for additional room).

Before I even approach our travel agent with this idea, I'm just wondering if anyone was successful in booking an additional cabin to be used as an "extra"?   The option to book a bigger suite is not available to us as the only suites that are available in inventory are sky suites.  Thanks so much for any input.

How about one passenger see if they can book a SS with no single supplement.  It would even be better if yo could get one with a connection one.   Would be like a CS at a much lower price

There are a few options to connect a suite with a suite and non-suite cabins on Beyond. On decks 7 through 11 there are category 11 inside cabins connect to S3 (Magic Carpet) Sky Suites on Beyond for exactly this purpose. On decks 8 and 9 there is also a S2 connected to the S3. You can also do a Concierge or Aqua connected to a S3. 

Call a TA or Celebrity and they can look into it. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

How about one passenger see if they can book a SS with no single supplement.  It would even be better if yo could get one with a connection one.   Would be like a CS at a much lower price

Thanks, Jim.  The problem is that at this point in time Suite availability is extremely limited.  We booked this when the Beyond bookings first opened up and have a triple price for a S1 of $10K.  To book another sky suite right now the price would be $9K for single.  However, there are tons of inside cabins available and some are a few doors down from our current SS.  I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of this when we first booked because at that time I'm sure there were connecting sky suites available.

56 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

I don’t think you can expect that to happen on your next cruise, it was probably an exception if not full capacity 

Hi emmas gran

I'm certainly not expecting to get a complimentary cabin.  I realize that when we got the additional cabin it was a "one-off" and we were extremely lucky.

I'm more than willing to pay for an additional cabin.  I'm just inquiring as to whether a person can book and pay for 2 cabins simultaneously.

40 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

There are a few options to connect a suite with a suite and non-suite cabins on Beyond. On decks 7 through 11 there are category 11 inside cabins connect to S3 (Magic Carpet) Sky Suites on Beyond for exactly this purpose. On decks 8 and 9 there is also a S2 connected to the S3. You can also do a Concierge or Aqua connected to a S3. 

Call a TA or Celebrity and they can look into it. 

Thanks.  If only I had thought of this when we made our initial booking.  As I explained to Jim at this point in time suite availability is extremely limited and there are no options available for connecting.

2 hours ago, jcpc said:

Has anyone had any success in booking and paying for an "extra" cabin?

Here's the situation:  three women are booked in a Sky Suite on Beyond.  From previous Edge cruises we know that the Sky Suite is not really suitable for 3 adults to share (the couch is not really a very comfortable bed, sharing the bathroom is problematic, closet/drawer space would be tight, etc.).  In a past E-Class sailing, once onboard the Retreat Manager offered us an Infinite Verandah cabin to be used in conjunction with our sky suite and none of us lost Retreat privileges.

We've noticed that there are quite a few available inside cabins just steps away from our Sky Suite.  We would ideally like to book and pay for one of these inside cabins to be used for:  a person to sleep in there at night, an extra shower, additional storage space.  BUT we don't want to lose Retreat access (i.e., Luminae and Retreat Lounge) for any one of us.  So ideally we want the three of us still booked into the Sky Suite and then have the additional cabin a "second" cabin for one of us (similar to the concept of one person booking 2 seats on an airplane for additional room).

Before I even approach our travel agent with this idea, I'm just wondering if anyone was successful in booking an additional cabin to be used as an "extra"?   The option to book a bigger suite is not available to us as the only suites that are available in inventory are sky suites.  Thanks so much for any input.

Book 2 in the inside since many cruises have no solo supplement now.  You book the suite as a solo. 

18 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Book 2 in the inside since many cruises have no solo supplement now.  You book the suite as a solo. 

The idea is to not lose retreat benefits for any of them while adding a cabin for the extra space.

Just guessing here but I suspect a cabin would have to have a passenger assigned to it, meaning one person would lose benefits.  I suppose you could add the wifi, bev, even Luminae ($30/evening meal for the guest), but access to The Retreat would be out.  

Edited by goofysmom99

40 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

The idea is to not lose retreat benefits for any of them while adding a cabin for the extra space.

OP had said they did this in the past.  Per OP "In a past E-Class sailing, once onboard the Retreat Manager offered us an Infinite Verandah cabin to be used in conjunction with our sky suite and none of us lost Retreat privileges."  If they feel confident this option will remain, then they are only asking about the mechanics of booking for multiple rooms.  They'll let you pay for every room on the ship if you want.  your name can only be assigned to one cabin but you can split parties amongst several cabins. 

Another alternative is to book one suite with 2 people and one suite with a solo at the discounted solo rate.  That solves all space issues.  If they are side by side they can net a massive balcony. There is then zero question as to Retreat access.  

I know I sometimes sound like a broken record from other threads, but Id suggest you get a good TA, tell them what you want and see what they can work out of adding another SR that allows your 3rd person to be part of your group in the Retreat. 

Doesn’t sound as if you can just book an Inside/standard SR even if you book them ‘simultaneously’ that would allow that.

A good TA may find a way of getting a standard type SR but work the Retreat connection.

We are Elite+ and our daughter could only join us in the extra things for it If she shared our SR, and that situation is a lot less than being allowed to use the Retreat and not having a Suite.

Someone else may help you who has pulled this one off.

den

The Retreat Managers provided numerous "extra" cabins last year since I could no longer use the tub.  But that was after I was aboard and they determined there was a nearby cabin.  For one cruise on Summit, nearby meant schlepping from a suite by the aft elevators to a vacant cabin in front on the mid-ship elevators.  It worked great for CS cabins, though, since nearby was next door all four times.  OP, if your TA is able to pull this off in advance of boarding, please come back and let us know.

17 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

This can very easily be done. It doesn't take schmoozing and begging. You just have to book a cabin that connects with the suite. 

Can an extra cabin be prebooked if no connecting cabin is available?   And maintain suite benefits?

Edited by goofysmom99

Would it be possible to book a 4th person into one inside stateroom as a solo (spouse, significant other, adult child, favorite neighbor) and link the reservations together. When that 4th person is a no-show (because they never were planning to go on the cruise), can you go to the Suite Concierge and ask if you can have access to that cabin since it is already paid for and is linked to your reservation?

I've never been a no-show so don't know how it works.

I have a good travel agent and I will call her tomorrow with this inquiry.  I was just wondering if anyone here had done this in the past.  Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.

5 hours ago, jcpc said:

Thanks, Jim.  The problem is that at this point in time Suite availability is extremely limited.  We booked this when the Beyond bookings first opened up and have a triple price for a S1 of $10K.  To book another sky suite right now the price would be $9K for single.  However, there are tons of inside cabins available and some are a few doors down from our current SS.  I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of this when we first booked because at that time I'm sure there were connecting sky suites available.

Can understand for sure.    Another option might be to check at the front desk once you board and see if you can get a room for your intended use once on the ship.    They may cut you a good deal barbecue they would be sailing empty.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jcpc said:

Hi emmas gran

I'm certainly not expecting to get a complimentary cabin.  I realize that when we got the additional cabin it was a "one-off" and we were extremely lucky.

I'm more than willing to pay for an additional cabin.  I'm just inquiring as to whether a person can book and pay for 2 cabins simultaneously.

Hi misread your original post Apologies

16 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

This can very easily be done. It doesn't take schmoozing and begging. You just have to book a cabin that connects with the suite. 

Unless things have changed in the past three years, the connecting cabin, ie. Family Suite, only gets suite amenities if the occupants are under 12. I know this because we tried to book this way with my teenagers.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I know I sometimes sound like a broken record from other threads........

den

Den- showing your age.  There are no more records or broken records.  No cassettes.  No DVDs or CDs.  Everything is digital now.  But it is OK to repeat yourself.  I find I like talking to myself too.😁

• Like 1

If you don’t get this resolved before your sailing, I would check with the retreat manager onboard. They can make things happen that I didn’t think were possible. I’m not sure when your cruise is but Claire will be onboard Beyond in December. She is absolutely fantastic.

19 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I know I sometimes sound like a broken record from other threads, but….

53 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Den- showing your age.  There are no more records or broken records.  No cassettes.  No DVDs or CDs.  Everything is digital now.  But it is OK to repeat yourself.  I find I like talking to myself too.😁

Oops…. How about: “ I know II sometimes sound like a digital loop on other threads, but….”

den

I know a number of people who have done this on various cruise lines, including couples who prefered an isolated room for one of them or in need of shortage room for a world cruise.

I see no reason why Celebrity shouldn't be equally happy to sell you an additional cabin, but certainly you must ask directly.