VIP Priority Check-In

Your "priority" for platinum and diamond status is two days earlier online check in so you can get your "sweet" spot for a check-in appointment at the port.  Once at the port, there are still platinum/diamond/suite check in lines to skip the crowd in line at the general check in line.  

They will call you by Appointment Boarding Zone (which you get when you check in two days earlier) ... 

The only priority boarding for Alaska bound cruisers sailing out of Seattle's Pier 91 is once the passenger goes thru the security screening located inside the terminal on the 2nd floor.  Just after the security screening passengers will begin the check-in .  It is here where there is a priority line. 

(Up until that point, all passengers are together).

Please remember to have your ArriveCan completion QR code ready to show at the front door, and to have a paper copy of your boarding pass as well.  Your paper boarding pass will receive a stamp by a Wellness staff member verifying that you have shown proof of vaccination and a negative Covid test. 

I will turn platinum on my next cruise.... So technically I'm still Gold at this moment. Cruise manager does not reflect the "bonus" 2 additional days. PVP didn't seem to know. No biggie either way, just wondering if any others on here may know

46 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

The only priority boarding for Alaska bound cruisers sailing out of Seattle's Pier 91 is once the passenger goes thru the security screening located inside the terminal on the 2nd floor.  Just after the security screening passengers will begin the check-in .  It is here where there is a priority line. 

(Up until that point, all passengers are together).

Please remember to have your ArriveCan completion QR code ready to show at the front door, and to have a paper copy of your boarding pass as well.  Your paper boarding pass will receive a stamp by a Wellness staff member verifying that you have shown proof of vaccination and a negative Covid test. 

Since I will be in Seattle likely before the health assessment pops up on my Cruise Manager, can I complete it at the terminal 91?

I personally haven't seen the cruise leave anyone behind during the initial boarding process. We have actually waited for passengers (some of them were first time cruisers, Platinum and Diamond) who were delayed and contacted the ship. We left about an hour late that day. 

Doesn't matter when you board just learn to enjoy the voyage!!! 

42 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Since I will be in Seattle likely before the health assessment pops up on my Cruise Manager, can I complete it at the terminal 91?

Best to try to finish it on your phone, but worst case scenario is that your check-in process will take a bit more time if a check-in agent has to do it for you.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

I personally haven't seen the cruise leave anyone behind during the initial boarding process. We have actually waited for passengers (some of them were first time cruisers, Platinum and Diamond) who were delayed and contacted the ship. We left about an hour late that day.

Generally speaking, if a passenger is already in the building, whether awaiting the results of a Covid test, or in the middle of the check-in process, yes, those folks will get on the ship. 

If someone shows up at 3:25 PM after the building doors are closed, needing a Covid test to board, then very unlikely that that person would be allowed in the building.  Not even sure if a late arriving passenger with everything in order would be allowed in.  At that point, it is the ship personnel that is making the decision. 

Most people don't realize that all the tablets and check-in laptop computers actually belong to the ship, so by 3 PM the ship IT crew are beginning to packed up and transported the equipment to the ship.  Once the gangway is pulled, no one gets on the ship.  Also, the cruise line begins to incur costs if the ship fails to leave on time.

Always best to pre-plan your arrival time to your embarkation port to anticipate any unforeseen delays (like arriving the day before!).

Edited by Ferry_Watcher

1 hour ago, ober134 said:

I will turn platinum on my next cruise.... So technically I'm still Gold at this moment. Cruise manager does not reflect the "bonus" 2 additional days. PVP didn't seem to know. No biggie either way, just wondering if any others on here may know

You will receive your Platinum card on that next cruise so will will benefit the Platinum perks.

2 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

Doesn't matter when you board just learn to enjoy the voyage!!! 

I have.  My stateroom had a perfect view of the Seattle  Pier 91terminal.  Two cars dropped off people and the terminal doors were locked.  The people screamed, cried and pounded on the doors but when finally someone came, they were not permitted into the terminal even though we were sitting right there.   

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

I have.  My stateroom had a perfect view of the Seattle  Pier 91terminal.  Two cars dropped off people and the terminal doors were locked.  The people screamed, cried and pounded on the doors but when finally someone came, they were not permitted into the terminal even though we were sitting right there.   

Sadly, this does happen.  It's devastating to the passengers that arrive too late to board; it's heartbreaking to the shore side staff who have to give the passengers the bad news, then have to handle the aftermath; and uncomfortable for the ship staff who had to make the denied boarding decision.

Just sad all around.

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Sadly, this does happen.  It's devastating to the passengers that arrive too late to board; it's heartbreaking to the shore side staff who have to give the passengers the bad news, then have to handle the aftermath; and uncomfortable for the ship staff who had to make the denied boarding decision.

Just sad all around.

Made me nauseous and I was onboard 

1 minute ago, Elaine5715 said:

Made me nauseous and I was onboard 

Yes, especially when the ship is still at the dock, but it's nearly impossible to see if the gangway has been pulled from the front of the terminal, so it would appear that the ship is still waiting for passengers.  There has been more than a few instances where the Port Of Seattle Police, in addition to building security has been called in as a way to calm irate passengers.  Folks are less likely to act out or lash out with law enforcement present.

But at the end of the day, there has to be a cut-off point, and hopefully everyone made it on to the ship.

20 hours ago, sturderick said:

We got Boarding zone A01 which I’m hoping is the first boarding zone.  Is there still a lounge if you’re platinum to wait in until your zone is called?

A1 will board after suites.  On the three cruises we've been on lately there was not a lounge for platinum.  You sat out in the main waiting area.  Only suite guests were in the lounge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Yes, especially when the ship is still at the dock, but it's nearly impossible to see if the gangway has been pulled from the front of the terminal, so it would appear that the ship is still waiting for passengers.  There has been more than a few instances where the Port Of Seattle Police, in addition to building security has been called in as a way to calm irate passengers.  Folks are less likely to act out or lash out with law enforcement present.

But at the end of the day, there has to be a cut-off point, and hopefully everyone made it on to the ship.

We were waiting for a ship someone important.  The car pulled up and whoever came straight on.  The late guests left in a car.  

Got a little sidetracked here on original question. What a surprise. I recently sailed mardi gras. I am diamond. Had a boarding time . Went through the door and there was another line the length of a Disney line to get checked in. I got in it and then noticed a shorter line and asked if that is a platinum and diamond line. The answer was yes. So you have to ask or look around because it is not marked. Same thing happen to me on Sundshine. Diamond line was not marked. Look and ask. You are not let in earl or anytime, you still need a boarding time but there is a special line once you get inside.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, shibby sails said:

Got a little sidetracked here on original question. What a surprise. I recently sailed mardi gras. I am diamond. Had a boarding time . Went through the door and there was another line the length of a Disney line to get checked in. I got in it and then noticed a shorter line and asked if that is a platinum and diamond line. The answer was yes. So you have to ask or look around because it is not marked. Same thing happen to me on Sundshine. Diamond line was not marked. Look and ask. You are not let in earl or anytime, you still need a boarding time but there is a special line once you get inside.

That is specific to Mardi Gras.  I keep my boarding pass showing Diamond visible and they opened the cord and sent me to a shorter line.  It did not work for the Magic also out of Port Canaveral, different terminal. 

On 7/22/2022 at 10:45 PM, sturderick said:

We got Boarding zone A01 which I’m hoping is the first boarding zone.  Is there still a lounge if you’re platinum to wait in until your zone is called?

I am not sure about other ports, but we have cruised 3 times out of Miami this year.  The first two times they did not have the normal lounge open that we used to wait in, but they did have a specific area sectioned off in the main seating area marked just for Diamond and Platinum.  This last time though (last week), they did not even have this!  Just sat wherever.  We have been A1 every time and went right after suites and weddings.

Also, one other note, last week they weren't even adhering to their arrival times which floored me.  We were in the first arrival time frame and there were a bunch of people being passed through the line and told to go.  They weren't even looking at boarding times.  I saw times on peoples passes that ranged from our time all the way to 2 hours later and everything in between.  When we got in the building it was already 1/4 full, and again we had the first arrival time.  Created a bit of a nightmare for boarding.  At least the timed entries made it slightly better, but they were just flat out letting anyone that flashed their boarding pass in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wemjam said:

I am not sure about other ports, but we have cruised 3 times out of Miami this year.  The first two times they did not have the normal lounge open that we used to wait in, but they did have a specific area sectioned off in the main seating area marked just for Diamond and Platinum.  This last time though (last week), they did not even have this!  Just sat wherever.  We have been A1 every time and went right after suites and weddings.

Also, one other note, last week they weren't even adhering to their arrival times which floored me.  We were in the first arrival time frame and there were a bunch of people being passed through the line and told to go.  They weren't even looking at boarding times.  I saw times on peoples passes that ranged from our time all the way to 2 hours later and everything in between.  When we got in the building it was already 1/4 full, and again we had the first arrival time.  Created a bit of a nightmare for boarding.  At least the timed entries made it slightly better, but they were just flat out letting anyone that flashed their boarding pass in.

Did the Miami port have an actual waiting area for Suite passengers ?

We are booked in a Handicap suite and are Platinum, so I was just wondering how it is set up at Miami. Thank you in advance for any information.

8 hours ago, CrusinCyndi said:

Did the Miami port have an actual waiting area for Suite passengers ?

We are booked in a Handicap suite and are Platinum, so I was just wondering how it is set up at Miami. Thank you in advance for any information.

Yes, they had the Suite passengers in their own waiting area.  They were using the lounge area that used to be for Diamond and Platinum.