How is Giovanni's lunch for boarding day?

Considering paying for a sit down restaurant to avoid lugging carry-ons around until rooms open.  Any opinions?  On FOS if that matters.  Rooms still open up around 1pm or is 2pm more likely?

I assume it's ok to roll small suitcases into the restaurant.  Are there any other non buffet options boarding day that one might recommend to hang out and wait for rooms to open?

Thanks.

A few months ago, after boarding the Oasis, we had a great lunch at Giovanni's, highly recommend!  We had our rolling small suitcases with us, and we just tucked them away in a corner behind our table.  We also highly recommend El Loco Fresh, easy, fast, and no long lines.  

A few months ago on Anthem we did a boarding day lunch at Giovanni's.  We were happy with the choice.  

The food was OK, definitely better then the buffet.  Not as good as the Italian restaurant on the Celebrity ships but not bad.

12 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

A few months ago on Anthem we did a boarding day lunch at Giovanni's.  We were happy with the choice.  

The food was OK, definitely better then the buffet.  Not as good as the Italian restaurant on the Celebrity ships but not bad.

What time would you suggest reserving to make sure you are on the ship in time for it?  I am sailing Anthem in October from Southampton for the transatlantic  and was considering this, but I thought it was Jamie's?

29 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

What time would you suggest reserving to make sure you are on the ship in time for it?  I am sailing Anthem in October from Southampton for the transatlantic  and was considering this, but I thought it was Jamie's?

Yes it is Jamie’s on Anthem. Nice covered outside seating area if it’s a sunny autumn day. 

Hello,

Polishing my 'miserable git' credentials, I am not going to pay extra for odd seats, odd place settings and no tablecloth.

Not even with my $25 Pinnacle discount am I going in there.

Bring back Portofino's.

Regards,

Cublet