How much are the Ultimate Family and Royal Loft?

Was reading thread about Royal Up scheme , then tried to see how much the most expensive cabins actually cost but they never show as available. I’ve tried different dates and sailings but they never appear as options. Would anyone know ( roughly) how much they would cost??

They vary depending on the time of year, special holidays etc…

The UFS has been as high as $100K for NYE and the RLS well over $50K.  I have also seen the RLS priced at 12K for two once during a fall sailing. It varies is all I can say.

The thing about Royal Up is they also try to sell the cabin even though the guest is in it. They want someone waiting to take the room, even if that person has no intention of cancelling. 

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

The thing about Royal Up is they also try to sell the cabin even though the guest is in it. They want someone waiting to take the room, even if that person has no intention of cancelling. 

I've often thought that 🤔; interesting.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I've often thought that 🤔; interesting.  

We had a Star Loft Suite booked and we know the person in the other Star Loft.  There are only two of these cabins on the ship and we both laughed when we saw one of our two cabins become available in Royal Up, as neither of us were cancelling.  

Some people don’t find out if they get cabins until the week of boarding, if not the night before, because of the limited cabins in specific categories.

Edited by A&L_Ont

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Free marketing data RCI/Plusgrade gathers to see what people are willing to bid/pay for various categories.

They'd be pretty disappointed with my numbers...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cambridgegirl said:

Was reading thread about Royal Up scheme , then tried to see how much the most expensive cabins actually cost but they never show as available. I’ve tried different dates and sailings but they never appear as options. Would anyone know ( roughly) how much they would cost??

5E07B5A5-2ABC-4F60-9BF5-DEBCADD11C45.thumb.png.c7df56af465a4e3237411ffab2b43dd1.png

47 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We had a Star Loft Suite booked and we know the person in the other Star Loft.  There are only two of these cabins on the ship and we both laughed when we saw one of our two cabins become available in Royal Up, as neither of us were cancelling.  

You mean neither of you intended to cancel.

But if, god forbid, you caught Covid, broke your leg, lost a close family member or your house burned down the day before your cruise, Royal would have someone ready to take your suite for $$$ without having to look for them.

That’s the real point of RoyalUp. Sure, there are bargains to be had but for Royal it ensures the suites and pricier balconies sail full for as much money as possible, even if there’s a last minute cancellation or no show. There may be two fewer people on board, but it’ll be an inside cabin that’s empty - not a suite.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 4

I've sailed Star class, but not in either of those suites. From my searches, over the past few years, I'd say the average seems to be about $25-28K for the Royal and $28-33K for the UFS.

**Edit** That's for a 7 day cruise

Edited by Hutcha

Doing a search I find...

UFS, Symphony, 9/24/22, $26.5K

Royal, Anthem, 11/26/23 &12/10/23, $17.3

Royal, Oasis, 1/15/23, $29.4

UFS, Symphony, 8/23/23, $29.3

Royal, Wonder, 12/23/23, $69K

All for 4 people.

As you can see the price varies widely.

On 7/27/2022 at 3:11 PM, Hutcha said:

Doing a search I find...

UFS, Symphony, 9/24/22, $26.5K

Royal, Anthem, 11/26/23 &12/10/23, $17.3

Royal, Oasis, 1/15/23, $29.4

UFS, Symphony, 8/23/23, $29.3

Royal, Wonder, 12/23/23, $69K

All for 4 people.

As you can see the price varies widely.

wow! That's a wide range of prices. 

I don't think we'll be putting in a bid!

1 hour ago, cambridgegirl said:

wow! That's a wide range of prices. 

I don't think we'll be putting in a bid!

As with any upgrade scenario, you have to decide what that room is worth for you. Could be a room that regularly goes for $35K is not personally  worth paying an extra $5K for. Someone else might decide it's worth an extra $10K.

I will say this about the price swings. Lots of people will release a Star class room, that they got a good deal on (say low teens), only to see it relisted for more than $30K 

I’m all for a posh suite but 30k for a week !! I just can’t imagine ? I keep booking the older smaller ships as you can nab the fancy rooms for, well, obviously not cheap, but a number that’s not totally wild. Our per night in the royal suite on independence is the same as the Disney hotel we’re at from Friday (we have the basic room there). If I win the lottery I’ll get the RLS and blog it :)) 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 8:36 AM, gumshoe958 said:

You mean neither of you intended to cancel.

But if, god forbid, you caught Covid, broke your leg, lost a close family member or your house burned down the day before your cruise, Royal would have someone ready to take your suite for $$$ without having to look for them.

That’s the real point of RoyalUp. Sure, there are bargains to be had but for Royal it ensures the suites and pricier balconies sail full for as much money as possible, even if there’s a last minute cancellation or no show. There may be two fewer people on board, but it’ll be an inside cabin that’s empty - not a suite.

Yes to all of your post. I have said that before, I just didn’t post it on this thread.

Pre Covid it gave RC the opportunity to double dip as well if you cancelled last minute.  They got your booking funds, and then resold the same cabin for the highest bid. 

It gives RC a stand in guest on last minute cancellations, and as Biker said the opportunity to see what the masses would threshold bid on a cabin. 

3 hours ago, blondcat said:

I’m all for a posh suite but 30k for a week !! I just can’t imagine ? I keep booking the older smaller ships as you can nab the fancy rooms for, well, obviously not cheap, but a number that’s not totally wild. Our per night in the royal suite on independence is the same as the Disney hotel we’re at from Friday (we have the basic room there). If I win the lottery I’ll get the RLS and blog it :)) 

I couldn't see paying for the upper end of that range (since I didn't hit the Mega Millions on Fri), but plenty of people do. The lower end can be worth it. Star class is a special experience. It also includes a bunch of things that others pay for (internet, drinks, laundry, specialty restaurant  incl. upcharges). It can be cheaper to 7-8 in a Star suite than booking 3 balconies.